View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    From Shagamu over on the MMW board:

[B][I]A whole bunch of books listed in the Spring 2021 catalog got pushed back to late 2021 or early 2022: ...
    Looks like Legends Of The Dark Knight - Jose Luis ********Lopez got pushed back by one year(!) from November 2020 to November 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I really like the small hardcovers as well. The page quality and the colors are really nice. I had no clue Rick Veitch wrote/drew Aquaman but his solo comics are great. I think he is self publishing and I saw an interview with Ed Piskor where he said he and DC weren't on great terms. They should publish that Omnibus. I have never read his Swamp Thing and the trades are expensive on the secondary market.
    That's too bad about Veitch but I agree, I do think his ST deserves an Omni. No disrespect to NAC, but I think it deserves it more than she does.... And then Doug Wheeler awkwardly fits in there somewhere

Has anyone seen the contents of the upcoming Phantom Stranger omnibus, thanks.
    Hail Hydra!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Has anyone seen the contents of the upcoming Phantom Stranger omnibus, thanks.
    Collects The Phantom Stranger #1-6 (1952), The Phantom Stranger #1-41 (1969), stories from The Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-13, Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #18, The Brave and the Bold #89, #98, #145, Showcase #80, Justice League of America #103, House of Secrets #150, DC Super-Stars #18, Secret Origins #10 and DC Comics Presents #25, and #72.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Collects The Phantom Stranger #1-6 (1952), The Phantom Stranger #1-41 (1969), stories from The Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-13, Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #18, The Brave and the Bold #89, #98, #145, Showcase #80, Justice League of America #103, House of Secrets #150, DC Super-Stars #18, Secret Origins #10 and DC Comics Presents #25, and #72.
    Thank you Shaboo that's great, I didn't even know it was coming out until someone mentioned it in passing on Youtube.
    Hail Hydra!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Who else is nervously considering the Morrison JLA omnibus? At over 1500 pages, this thing is going to be a disgusting mass of paper, but I'm still tempted.
    I think I'm boycotting DC's giant tomes from now on. They're just too big.

Amazing Member

Is Gotham by Gaslight going to come back in stock or did I miss out?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by copywrite View Post
    I think I'm boycotting DC's giant tomes from now on. They're just too big.
    I had no problem reading the longbow hunters saga omnibus at over 1500 pages... glad I did too it was awesome and not really too much gutter loss relative to what one would expect with a book that size. I have never read JLA I am gonna go for it...

Incredible Member

Did anyone buy and receive the Doomsday Clock complete collection? It has a lot of pages for only 12 issues so I was wondering what else is in there. Cannot find a video on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    Did anyone buy and receive the Doomsday Clock complete collection? It has a lot of pages for only 12 issues so I was wondering what else is in there. Cannot find a video on it yet.
    There were few if any ads in the issues, so between the main story and back up material there was at least 30 pages of content in each issue. The first and last issues were longer again. So while there were 12 issues, the amount of content is similar to 18 or more standard sized issues, hence the the page count of the collection. There probably additional material as well, like variant covers, etc.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There were few if any ads in the issues, so between the main story and back up material there was at least 30 pages of content in each issue. The first and last issues were longer again. So while there were 12 issues, the amount of content is similar to 18 or more standard sized issues, hence the the page count of the collection. There probably additional material as well, like variant covers, etc.
    Thanks for your reply Didn't know that there were longer issues, I thought single issues were all pretty much the same with the same allotment of ads. Learned something again Should arrive tomorrow so then I can have a look first hand

Thanks for your reply Didn't know that there were longer issues, I thought single issues were all pretty much the same with the same allotment of ads. Learned something again Should arrive tomorrow so then I can have a look first hand
    You're welcome, and I hope you enjoy it!

And you're right; most single issues usually have a consistent number of ad pages. I'd guess the lack of ads in Doomsday Clock was an homage to the original Watchmen issues which was also published without ads.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    You're welcome, and I hope you enjoy it!

And you're right; most single issues usually have a consistent number of ad pages. I'd guess the lack of ads in Doomsday Clock was an homage to the original Watchmen issues which was also published without ads.
    Thanks

It has arrived already today (yay for prime) and indeed there's not a lot of extras in the back. Basically only a cover gallery and some ads for the book. the rest is all story.

It's printed on matte paper, feels and looks pretty good. But before I dive in, I will first do some pre-reading like The Button.
    Last edited by Foxy; 10-14-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Thanks

It has arrived already today (yay for prime) and indeed there's not a lot of extras in the back. Basically only a cover gallery and some ads for the book. the rest is all story.

It's printed on matte paper, feels and looks pretty good. But before I dive in, I will first do some pre-reading like The Button.
    That is unfortunate that a Forward or any kind of background of the story couldn't go in the complete collection. I'm disappointed more with the "machine churning" content rather than rich content.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    I had no problem reading the longbow hunters saga omnibus at over 1500 pages... glad I did too it was awesome and not really too much gutter loss relative to what one would expect with a book that size. I have never read JLA I am gonna go for it...
    Yeah that Green Arrow omnibus is put together well and reads well for that size.