View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lake Nowhere View Post
    This is the recently updated cover on Amazon. Seems in keeping with some of their recent choices. They seem terrified to use original/ era appropriate logos and fonts. It wouldn't bother me so much if they hadn't done such an absolute hack job on Manhunter's cape and collar. It's baffling as well because we know a version exists where the original logo isn't baked into the cape image, it's on the spines of the Deluxe Editions.
    Yeah, I don't get this at all. I mean, if they were going with well-conceived updated logos to replace ones that weren't so great to begin with, then yeah. But they're replacing classic logos with downgraded clip art bull$h!t...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    In that case, keep it! Find something else to sell and subsidize the new omni if you must...?
    You're not helping SJ hahaha

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    You're not helping SJ hahaha
    Hey if I can have Moore's run in multiple formats you can have Snyder/Soule's...

But honestly, I wouldn't sell an autographed book. Especially if it's personalized.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

That N52 Swamp Thing Omnibus pisses me off.

Guess I'll have to sell the Snyder ohc.

This is getting tiring.
    Also annoyed. I hate double dipping. I did not figure a nu52 Omni of the Swamp Thing run was likely for a very long time if ever.
    SIGH. This doesn't happen to me much anymore so I'll roll with it. I will be selling the Snyder OHC though....shelf space & funds.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Did Absolute Swamp Thing by Moore Vol 2 ever go up for sale on IST today?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Did Absolute Swamp Thing by Moore Vol 2 ever go up for sale on IST today?
    Nope, that was outdated. It’s slated for next week.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nab432 View Post
    Nope, that was outdated. It’s slated for next week.
    Thanks. Now the OCD is going to kick in for those of us that purchased the first volume with the DC Vertigo labeling now that its all DC Black Label.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Also annoyed. I hate double dipping. I did not figure a nu52 Omni of the Swamp Thing run was likely for a very long time if ever.
    SIGH. This doesn't happen to me much anymore so I'll roll with it. I will be selling the Snyder OHC though....shelf space & funds.
    I didn't expect people getting annoyed at this. I thought it was a nice surprise. Of course I didn't purchase the Snyder OHC. But I do get the double dipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I didn't expect people getting annoyed at this. I thought it was a nice surprise. Of course I didn't purchase the Snyder OHC. But I do get the double dipping.
    It's the annoyance of already owning half the contents of the upcoming book, when they could have simply offered a reprint of the Snyder ohc(and probably increased the price, honestly) and a sole Soule ohc.

It's totally a first world problems type of deal

It's the annoyance of already owning half the contents of the upcoming book, when they could have simply offered a reprint of the Snyder ohc(and probably increased the price, honestly) and a sole Soule ohc.

It's totally a first world problems type of deal
    I understand. On a smaller scale that happens with a lot of the crossover events. Or even how I have all the Moore ST trades but now there's the fancy pants Absolute editions.

Except the Moore Swamp Thing run is an acclaimed run much like Watchmen so it isn't odd that material is getting upgrades.
    The nu52run while really good didn't lend itself to thinking DC would pull this. Not much nu52material has been made into an Omni, fewer OHC unless you are a Bat/Supes type related book.

Totally a first world problem since Malaria isn't an issue for me.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

While not being put out by DC themselves, the late 00s DC title Simon Dark is being collected by Clover Press in a new hardcover printing.
    Simon Dark is a strange creature of arcane science and occult magic, the defender of one of his city's forgotten neighborhoods. He is also a scared and lonely teenage boy who has been sewn together from body parts.

Protecting his neighborhood won't be easy when the opposing forces of dark magic and forbidden science choose it as their battleground. It will take the help of a beautiful coroner and a smitten teenage girl to help Simon stitch together the pieces of his former life and the mystery of his birth... or else death waits them all.

Acclaimed horror writer Steve Niles (30 Days of Night, October Faction) teams up with artist Scott Hampton (Books of Magic, Batman: Night Cries) to bring their dark imagination to a new kind of hero.

Collected in a single volume for the first time, this material was originally published by DC Comics as Simon Dark #'s 1 to 18.
    I never read this series but I believe it was a rare case of a creator-owned book/character published by DC that was set in the main DCU - which makes me wonder if those references will be removed for this reprinting.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 10-22-2020 at 10:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    While not being put out by DC themselves, the late 00s DC title Simon Dark is being collected by Clover Press in a new hardcover printing.

I never read this series but I believe it was a rare case of a creator-owned book/character published by DC that was set in the main DCU - which makes me wonder if those references will be removed for this reprinting.
    I got the first 5/6 issue trade for $5 at a show one time. I can't say much about it, rather forgettable but it has been 10yrs so that may be unfair. Maybe all 18 at a time would have a greater impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I understand. On a smaller scale that happens with a lot of the crossover events. Or even how I have all the Moore ST trades but now there's the fancy pants Absolute editions.
    Not really an apples to apples comparison. Standard 7x10 trim hardcovers are quite different than Absolute editions. There's literally zero difference between an 8x11 oversized hardcover/deluxe and an 8x11 omnibus, other than the word "omnibus" on the second one which would typically(but not always) contain more pages. They're effectively the same type of book.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    creator-owned book/character published by DC that was set in the main DCU - which makes me wonder if those references will be removed for this reprinting.
    When Dark Horse published Bloodhound Crowbar Medicine (previously from DC) the name of Batman villain Zeiss was changed and his look altered.