View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I've never read Morrison's jla run, is it worth investing in? I do love his batman so...?
    I think if you love his Batman this will be right up your alley. I have come around to loving Porters art. His new stuff continues to evolve but his JLA stuff reminds me of Kirby with a 90s remix. I have the OHC so I don't plan on getting the Omnibus but I would if didn't. I will definitely be picking up the Waid Deluxe editions.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

New Omnibus/OHC covers on Amazon:

Incredible Member

Amazon is showing Lucifer omni v2 as in stock. That can't be accurate, right? I thought it had been canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Amazon is showing Lucifer omni v2 as in stock. That can't be accurate, right? I thought it had been canceled.
    Received my copy last week

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    Mine has been shipped from Amazon DE and will arrive tomorrow or the day after.

I think the issue was that DC cut ties with diamond distribution and therefore all the direct market solicitations were cancelled (and probably replaced later).

On Amazon (DE at least), all that happened was that the release date got pushed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
    I think the issue was that DC cut ties with diamond distribution
    Perhaps that's also why the stock is so low everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by JPAR View Post
    Perhaps that's also why the stock is so low everywhere?
    The stock levels are probably more from the knock on effects of the pandemic than anything else. Multiples books from DC and Marvel have experienced sell outs and low stock levels; it's not unique to any particular book or even publisher.

Looks like the JLA by Morrison omnibus is delayed......It's not available on IST.

IST did get the Lucifer vol 2 omnibus today, so I ordered that.

Still no word on if Dini's Batman omni will get re-stocked, or if it's already OOP?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Looks like the JLA by Morrison omnibus is delayed......It's not available on IST.

IST did get the Lucifer vol 2 omnibus today, so I ordered that.
    So it didn't sell out, it just didn't release as planned.
    Whew!

I got busy at work and let the time escape me. Just logged on and got the Venomnibus vol.3 though. I don't care what some say, love the character and this series is one I find to be a pleasant surprise collected into 3 Omnis! Next up Agent Venom Omni!!(I hope)
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Whew!

I got busy at work and let the time escape me. Just logged on and got the Venomnibus vol.3 though. I don't care what some say, love the character and this series is one I find to be a pleasant surprise collected into 3 Omnis! Next up Agent Venom Omni!!(I hope)
    I'm pretty sure it was just delayed, it was never up. I was checking from 2:05-2:30.......There were problems ordering again (Similar to what others experienced last week). It's obvious there's just too much traffic during that 2pm central timeframe. I wasn't able to get my order in until 2:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Whew!

I don't know if delayed is the correct word, some of their releases have been off by a week or two. I'm assuming that's al lit is for JLA.

But Luci vol2 was a surprised for me!

All-New Member

JLA omnibus will be out on November 17th according to Penguinrandomhouse.com, which DC uses for their comic book graphic novel distribution.

Spectacular Member

This is old news, but I just finished my copy of Weird Western Tales: Jonah Hex. It was very enjoyable, with no drawn out filler like in many modern comics. Most of the stories and art were good or great. Bronze Age Jonah Hex is a favorite non-superhero of mine, along with Sgt. Rock. Anyone else read this HC?

Spectacular Member

I had an interview today at 2 CT so didn’t want to take a chance logging on later. Glad I ordered Venomnibus and Lucifer from CGN last night because the Venomnibus DM was gone when I logged onto IST today at 245 CT. I really didn’t want to miss that DM cover. Eagerly awaiting it like Captain Craig. Bring on Vol 4!