View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

BATMAN BY JOHN RIDLEY THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    written by JOHN RIDLEY
    art by NICK DERINGTON, LAURA BRAGA, OLIVIER COIPEL, and DUSTIN NGUYEN
    cover by LADRÖNN
    ON SALE 6/29/21
    $17.99 US | $23.99 CAN | 128 PAGES | FC | DC
    HARDCOVER | 7.0625" x 10.875"
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-126-3
    Light the Bat-Signal! Legendary screenwriter John Ridley takes over Gotham City in a new way! Writing the world’s most popular superhero, Batman, Ridley brings his storytelling expertise to DC!
    Whether his story is told in black and white or captured in brilliant colors, Batman’s adventures keep everyone guessing...even the World’s Greatest Detective. Follow the iconic tales of the Dark Knight in Batman by John Ridley The Deluxe Edition.
    Collects Future State: The Next Batman #1-4, stories from Batman Black & White #1 and Batman: The Joker War Zone #1, and a brand-new story by John Ridley with art by Dustin Nguyen.

BIZARRO COMICS THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    stories and art by various
    cover by MATT GROENING
    ON SALE 6/22/21
    $49.99 US | $65.99 CAN | 432 PAGES
    7.0625" x 10.875" | FC | DC
    HARDCOVER
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-012-9
    Where else could the worldÂ’s greatest alternative cartoonists run rampant through the DC Universe in utterly unhinged stories? Bizarro, an imperfect duplicate of Superman who does everything backward, tries drawing comics, concocting stories in which Wonder Woman participates in a poetry slam, baby Superman torments his baby-sitter...and thatÂ’s just the start!
    This deluxe edition collects the two anthology titles Bizarro Comics and Bizarro World, with a cover by the legendary creator of The Simpsons, Matt Groening! Includes stories and art by acclaimed creators including Kyle Baker, Jeff Smith, Ivan Brunetti, Paul Pope, Hunt Emerson, Carol Lay, Roger Langridge, Mark Crilley, Dave Cooper, Eddie Campbell, Tony Millionaire, James Kochalka, Harvey Pekar, Peter Bagge, and many more!

JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE NEW 52 OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    written by GEOFF JOHNS, JEFF LEMIRE, and others
    art by JIM LEE, SCOTT WILLIAMS, GENE HA, GARY FRANK, TONY S. DANIEL, IVAN REIS, JESUS SAIZ, PETE WOODS, PAUL PELLETIER, MIKEL JANÍN, DOUG MAHNKE, DAVID FINCH, DANIEL SAMPERE, PATCH ZIRCHER, and others
    cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    ON SALE 6/22/21
    $125.00 US | $163.00 CAN | 1,248 PAGES
    FC | DC | 7.0625" x 10.875"
    HARDCOVER | ISBN: 978-1-77951-066-2
    In a world where superheroes operate under a cloud of suspicion from the public, loner vigilante Batman has stumbled upon a dark evil that threatens to destroy the Earth as we know it. Now, faced with a threat far beyond anything he can handle on his own, the Dark Knight must trust an alien, a Scarlet Speedster, an accidental teenage hero, a space cop, an Amazon warrior, and an undersea monarch. Will Superman, the Flash, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman be able to put aside their differences and come together to save the world? Or will they destroy each other first?
    This first of two omnibus editions collects Justice League #0-23; Aquaman #14-16; Justice League Dark #22-23; DC Comics — The New 52 FCBD Special Edition #1; Justice League of America #1-7; Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger #11; Constantine #5; and Trinity of Sin: Pandora #1-3.

Thanks for the updates, Raffi. I'll be picking up that Justice League omni.

Does anyone think it's worth it to get any of the "New 52" omnis (Heroes/Villians/Zero) or should I just focus on the individual titles I want? Like is there a specific "event" omni?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post

Does anyone think it's worth it to get any of the "New 52" omnis (Heroes/Villians/Zero) or should I just focus on the individual titles I want? Like is there a specific "event" omni?
    Personal opinion, big no. I guess the Zero or first issue collections might serve as useful "catalogs" or samplers if you want a good way to peruse all your options. The Villains one is a hodge podge of random issues by creators not on those books and important issues to current runs. I think of all the New 52 sampler omnis (so ignoring the single title ones like Snyder/Capullo on Batman or Johns on JL, etc.), Future's End might be the most worthwhile one. At least there's a theme/through-line to it.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Personal opinion, big no. I guess the Zero or first issue collections might serve as useful "catalogs" or samplers if you want a good way to peruse all your options. The Villains one is a hodge podge of random issues by creators not on those books and important issues to current runs. I think of all the New 52 sampler omnis (so ignoring the single title ones like Snyder/Capullo on Batman or Johns on JL, etc.), Future's End might be the most worthwhile one. At least there's a theme/through-line to it.
    I second this, I wonder I they'll ever release Futures End the weekly series or Batman Eternal (or even Batman and Robin eternal).

Quote Originally Posted by Vilynne View Post
    I second this, I wonder I they'll ever release Futures End the weekly series or Batman Eternal (or even Batman and Robin eternal).
    Thank you both for the responses, this helps a lot. I've never read this era and the various omni situation was confusing. I've bought Batman by Snyder and B&R by Tomasi, so I'll just focus on the other individual omnis coming out (Batgirl/JL/etc.).

Spectacular Member

What do you think about Swamp Thing N52? I already ordered the Omnibus... hope it delivers...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Hank View Post

I picked up the Zero Omnibus for "cheapish" sometime ago as I thought it'd be good to have an "Origin" Omnibus. I haven't opened it yet as it's sitting on the shelf still sealed. I have absolutely no interest in the other Omnibuses as I find them redundant. I have the majority of the No. 1's in floppies anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Phd. Strange View Post
    What do you think about Swamp Thing N52? I already ordered the Omnibus... hope it delivers...
    It's an enjoyable and interesting read with very nice art. I'm not a Swamp Thing fan but both Soule's and Snyder's runs are pretty good.

Huge fan, Snyders is pretty creepy though I felt it does go on a tad too long, but Soules run is a lot of fun and is almost a love letter to the character and his history.

Incredible Member

Uncanny Omar's overview of New Teen Titans Omnibus 5

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Another thumbs up from me!

While both runs are great, I almost prefer Soule's. When Snyder wrapped up, I was ready for him to go - but when the book got canceled I felt Soule had just hit his stride and had a lot more to say.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Teen Titans Omnibus volume 5....where is it at? Not seeing it posted! Frankly none of today's releases I don't think.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Omar overview video of Superman: Man of Steel vol 2 HC

Just gonna echo the chorus and say that this is a great Swamp Thing run. I thoroughly enjoyed it.