View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.

I think the odds are much greater that DC continues on with JSA. We just got volume 4 in December. The last TT volume came out early-ish 2019, I think.

Thanks, I may switch to singles on Teen Titans then as long as the sale is going.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hah yeah it’s kind of annoying how the industry works with preorders, but if it’s something I really love I know I have to put money down. How do you know when they “fix” issues, because I preordered my Omni through DCBS. I’ll buy a replacement if I have to I just want to know when the issue is fixed. Would be nice to get a free replacement but I’m not holding my breath.
    My defective Flash omni was from DCBS as well. I wouldn't have even known anything was wrong with it (still wouldn't, it's shrinkwrapped to this day!) if they hadn't emailed me saying a replacement was on its way.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

So New Teen Titans Omnibus 5 recently came out, brining us up to issue 49 of the second series. 6 is scheduled for later this year, but that doesn't collect anything from the monthly - why couldn't this be NTT Spotlight Omnibus or something, like how the Classic X-Men was? Regardless, that leaves 81 monthly issues by my count, 50-130 of the renamed The New Titans title, and whatever other annuals/peripheral issues that I'm not really sure about. Think we'll get New Teen Titans Omnibus 7, or New Titans Omnibus 1? They could wrap it up with 3 books, 2 if they squeezed.

That'd leave Team Titans, 24ish issues, and the Jurgens Teen Titans, also 24ish issues, uncollected in omnibus books before getting around to the Titans/Young Justice launches

Incredible Member

Looks like the new Absolute Planetary is OOS at IST. Seems to be in stock at other places. I wonder if there are still pandemic-related print run issues, DC distribution issues, or both. There are a number of books that have gone OOS at IST that are at other retailers, but no sign of new stock at IST for months now.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So New Teen Titans Omnibus 5 recently came out, brining us up to issue 49 of the second series. 6 is scheduled for later this year, but that doesn't collect anything from the monthly - why couldn't this be NTT Spotlight Omnibus or something, like how the Classic X-Men was? Regardless, that leaves 81 monthly issues by my count, 50-130 of the renamed The New Titans title, and whatever other annuals/peripheral issues that I'm not really sure about. Think we'll get New Teen Titans Omnibus 7, or New Titans Omnibus 1? They could wrap it up with 3 books, 2 if they squeezed.

That'd leave Team Titans, 24ish issues, and the Jurgens Teen Titans, also 24ish issues, uncollected in omnibus books before getting around to the Titans/Young Justice launches
    I’m not sure if they’ll finish to be honest... I could see them going through Titans Hunt, but the last 40-50 issues of New Titans is an unreadable travesty.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post

I think if DC decide to go forward they will rebrand as The New Titans volume 1 (omnibus 6 is essentially a cap to the New Teen Titans era branding of the odds and ends stuff)

Just my opinion but I doubt they would go beyond The New Titans series though as I dont think many people have a high opinion of this era (I have never read it myself)

On the subject of New Teen Titans, volume 13 of the paperback reprints has shown up on PRH (although the solicit is wrong as its the same contents as volume 12) for release in December

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779508096

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    My defective Flash omni was from DCBS as well. I wouldn't have even known anything was wrong with it (still wouldn't, it's shrinkwrapped to this day!) if they hadn't emailed me saying a replacement was on its way.
    Ha then I guess I’ll just wait and hope. We haven’t heard anything yet so maybe DC is just going to shrug and move on which would be a shame but not the end of the world.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    I’m not sure if they’ll finish to be honest... I could see them going through Titans Hunt, but the last 40-50 issues of New Titans is an unreadable travesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I think if DC decide to go forward they will rebrand as The New Titans volume 1 (omnibus 6 is essentially a cap to the New Teen Titans era branding of the odds and ends stuff)

Just my opinion but I doubt they would go beyond The New Titans series though as I dont think many people have a high opinion of this era (I have never read it myself)

On the subject of New Teen Titans, volume 13 of the paperback reprints has shown up on PRH (although the solicit is wrong as its the same contents as volume 12) for release in December

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779508096
    I've also never read that stuff, but they've come this far? The completionist in me wants them, but the reader in me is...wary. I was just curious if anyone knew what other issues there'd be other than 50-130. I figure there's a 0 issue in there now that I think about it.

I think New Titans crossed over with Team Titans and Deathstroke a time or two. There was also a crossover with Green Lantern, Damage, and Darkstars if I remember correctly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adset View Post
    My opinion as well the completist in me wanted everything from Wolfman I guess from the beginning all the way to the end of Titans Hunt. Part of me would like to at least thumb threw Jurgens' Titans run but since none of it survived/is used or referenced I am not sure if it is worth the effort. I do appreciate Jurgens as a writer/artist but never read it at the time, wasn't high on my priority list, I think I own like two issues of it.

In case anyone is interested in getting the Superman Last Son deluxe edition due out today, just be aware the contents have changed since solicitation, and some sites are still showing the original, incorrect contents.

It was solicited as collecting Action Comics #844-846, #851, #866-870, and Action Comics Annual #11. It instead has Action Comics #844-846, #851, and #855-857, and Action Comics Annual #10-11.

So the Brainiac arc has been replaced by the Bizarro arc and the full Annual #10. Here's the full table of contents for anyone interested

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

So fewer pages overall...? Meh.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I just want them to put out Omnibuses of Johns and Busiek’s Superman stuff
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    ^ ^ ^

So fewer pages overall...? Meh.
    Funnily enough, the page count was correct in the original solicit. I suppose an annual and three regular issues isn't that far off from five regular issues. More likely, the final product was what was always intended and they just listed the wrong issues in the solicit.