View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1368 of 1443 FirstFirst ... 36886812681318135813641365136613671368136913701371137213781418 ... LastLast
Results 20,506 to 20,520 of 21643

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    I believe for DC it boils down to sales & pre-orders

For example, for Superman they released one volume of Superman: Blue in 2018 (which was listed to be the first of 4 volumes https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...by-karl-kesel/) but no other volumes ever materialised

However they have successfully released near complete run of Wally West's Flash series from issue #62 to #225 across 14 books (the Flash by Waid/Morrison & Millar/Johns) as well as a volume at the start of the run (The Flash: Savage Velocity of issues #1-#18) so hopefully that sold well enough to get the rest of the run (#19-#61 plus the post-Johns issues of #226-#247)

Likewise a large amount of Wonder Woman volume 2 and Batman post-Crisis has almost been completed
    Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Part of it is a vicious circle on DC's part - they don't finish a few runs, then they space out runs WAY too far apart, so fans won't start out subsequent runs. For example, the Superman Red/Blue run didn't get good sales, but I'm inclined to believe that was at least in part because there was no solicitation for a volume 2 to let ANYONE know that DC was committed to the bit.
    The Compendium format would be a good option to publish complete runs in a few volumes. So far, DC is using them for Vertigo or non-standard superhero fare (eg Robinson's Starman), but there's no reason they couldn't branch out into other titles.

And if DC wants to keep the Compendium brand for the more serious or mature books, they could use the same format and just come up with a different branding, eg All-Star Sagas. (If anyone from DC is reading this, you can have that for free.)

Incredible Member

There are no Silver Age Superman omnis currently solicited, the next Golden Age volume is 7

From what we have been told Batman & Superman won't get Silver Age volumes until their Golden Age reprints are completed (Batman may have reached this point now or may have one final Golden Age volume still to follow, we won't know until DC posts the next solicits)

With Wonder Woman I believe there has been restoration issues with the Golden Age material so DC decided to jump ahead to the Silver Age (some of which was already restored for the Wonder Woman: Amazon Princess Archive)
    Bummer, for both that and for the restoration issues with WW.

Do we have a potential estimate for when we'll finally start getting into SA Supes territory?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    WONDER WOMAN: THE SILVER AGE OMNIBUS VOL. 1
    Writer: BOB KANIGHER, JULIUS SCHWARTZ, JACK SCHIFF, and others
    Artists: ROSS ANDRU, MORRIS WALDINGER, HENRY BOLTINOFF, MIKE ESPOSITO and others
    Cover: ROSS ANDRU
    $99.99 US | 696 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-336-6
    ON SALE 12/14/21
    These fantastical stories from the 1950s and 1960s take Wonder Woman from Paradise Island to Man’s World, to the bottom of the ocean, and even to outer space, and they introduce Wonder Girl, Wonder Tot, and more! Collects stories from Wonder Woman #98-123, many reprinted in color for the first time!

I hope this is a place holder cover image. I really want the SA cover design of the others. Has a name been coined for the silver dust jacket with blue bar dust jacket design?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Is the Morrison Green Lantern hardcover oversized or standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Is the Morrison Green Lantern hardcover oversized or standard?
    They're standard sized.

Incredible Member

The Injustice Year Zero hHC is printed upside down lol.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The Compendium format would be a good option to publish complete runs in a few volumes. So far, DC is using them for Vertigo or non-standard superhero fare (eg Robinson's Starman), but there's no reason they couldn't branch out into other titles.

And if DC wants to keep the Compendium brand for the more serious or mature books, they could use the same format and just come up with a different branding, eg All-Star Sagas. (If anyone from DC is reading this, you can have that for free.)
    Agreed, Legends of the Dark Knight, Shadow of the Bat and the 90's Robin for example would all be perfect for a compendium format release rather than the 12-15 issue TPB's we got (LOTDK would be almost 20 books if they did it this way!)

However if they did they need to sort out the mapping for each series and skip any crossover tie-in issues that appear in other collections (which is what royally screwed up the SOTB trades)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

Once upon a time the completist in me hated the idea of skipping issues in a collection, even if they were part of a crossover. At this point, I have so much double-dipped material on my shelves, I'd be perfectly fine if they started skipping crossover issues. It would make for a more coherent reading experience, and would help them complete series' much quicker.

And we wouldn't really be missing out on anything, as all of the big events have already been collected (and reprinted) in multiple volumes.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Are there any horror related titles being released from DC? I'd really love more 70's titles like Ghost or the Witching hour.
    Hail Hydra!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Are there any horror related titles being released from DC? I'd really love more 70's titles like Ghost or the Witching hour.
    Monthly, yes, there are a few limited series either in progress or starting soon.

As far as collected editions, someone else could probably speak to the status of the Bronze Age omni's.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Agreed, Legends of the Dark Knight, Shadow of the Bat and the 90's Robin for example would all be perfect for a compendium format release rather than the 12-15 issue TPB's we got (LOTDK would be almost 20 books if they did it this way!)
    Legends of the Dark Knight is in dire need of a reprint in Omnibus or Compendium format! The list of series that could or should be reprinted in the compendium format is virtually endless: Azrael, Batgirl, Catwoman, Birds Of Prey ... just take all the abandoned TPB series and give them a compendium release!
    Last edited by shaboo; 07-29-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Bummer, for both that and for the restoration issues with WW.

Do we have a potential estimate for when we'll finally start getting into SA Supes territory?
    The contents for volume 7 are listed as Action Comics #125-143, Superman #55-65, and World's Finest Comics #37-47, running into summer 1950. If we’re using World’s Finest #70-71 as the dividing line, probably three more volumes, maybe four. (Batman had nine GA volumes, but Superman appeared a year earlier and had more appearances, so figure ten or eleven volumes.)

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Monthly, yes, there are a few limited series either in progress or starting soon.

As far as collected editions, someone else could probably speak to the status of the Bronze Age omni's.
    Thank you for the reply, it's the same as an action figure of Cain and Abel that era seems to be forgotten.
    Hail Hydra!

Incredible Member

Y'all, I think I'm going to cry if we don't get a reprint of "Absolute Ronin".

The next batch of collections are beginning to trickle through on PRH. Mainly current series, or recent minis/one shots, but here are some books with older material:

Fables 20th Anniversary Box Set - Paperback. No content listed, but it presumably contains all 22 trades.
    Talon by James Tynion IV - Paperback. Collects Talon #0 to 17
    The Question by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus Vol. 1 - Hardcover. Collects The Question #1-27, The Question Annual #1, Green Arrow Annual #1, and Detective Comics Annual #1.