View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1372 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 37287212721322136213681369137013711372137313741375137613821422 ... LastLast
Results 20,566 to 20,580 of 21672

According to the Amazon listing the Phantom Stranger Omni collects The Phantom Stranger #1-6 (1952), The Phantom Stranger #1-41 (1969), stories from The Saga of the Swamp Thing #1-13, Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #18, The Brave and the Bold #89, #98, #145, Showcase #80, Justice League of America #103, House of Secrets #150, DC Super-Stars #18, Secret Origins #10 and DC Comics Presents #25, and #72.

Definitely a must buy for me. I've never read the 1952 stories but I love the 60's run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Ugh so does this mean they aren't going to finish the run in chunky trades that they started a couple years ago?
    The third TPB was released more than two years ago (in May 2019) and so far there wasn't a solicitation for the remainder of 2021, so that was to be expected. (Very few TPB series get a continuation after more than two and a half years.)

The most annoying thing is that only one more TPB was needed to complete the series - same with the Superman/Batman trades, where they actually managed to release six(!) trades, cancelling the final seventh one. Only thing you can do is buying the floppies or some super expensive omnibus with 80% redundant stuff

Incredible Member

I'm glad they decided to put out the JL N52 vol 2 so quickly after vol 1.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I'll definitely be picking up the Justice League New 52 Vol. 2 Omnibus. I see they're including Darkseid War. I never did get around to picking up the Darkseid Omnibus.

Also Superman GA Vol. 7 Omnibus. Not sure whether to pick up the Death of Superman Omnibus new edition and upgrade from my Omnibus (the original oversized Omnibus which exclude those few extra issues from the last edition).

May possibly pick up the 52 new edition Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'll definitely be picking up the Justice League New 52 Vol. 2 Omnibus. I see they're including Darkseid War. I never did get around to picking up the Darkseid Omnibus.

Also Superman GA Vol. 7 Omnibus. Not sure whether to pick up the Death of Superman Omnibus new edition and upgrade from my Omnibus (the original oversized Omnibus which exclude those few extra issues from the last edition).

May possibly pick up the 52 new edition Omnibus.
    So is the N52 JL omnibus effectively replacing the Darkseid War Omnibus? Or is there material in the Darkseid War that's left out of the upcoming one?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So is the N52 JL omnibus effectively replacing the Darkseid War Omnibus? Or is there material in the Darkseid War that's left out of the upcoming one?
    These are the listed contents for Vol 2:
    This hardcover omnibus collects Justice League #24-52, Forever Evil #1-7, DC Universe: Rebirth #1, DC Sneak Peek: Justice League #1, Justice League feat. Secret Society #23.4, Justice League of America feat. Black Adam #7.4, Justice League: Darkseid War Special #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: Batman #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: The Flash #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: Green Lantern #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: Lex Luthor #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: Shazam #1, and Justice League: Darkseid War: Superman #1.

If those end up being the published contents, then I think everything in the Darkseid War omni is collected here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    These are the listed contents for Vol 2:
    This hardcover omnibus collects Justice League #24-52, Forever Evil #1-7, DC Universe: Rebirth #1, DC Sneak Peek: Justice League #1, Justice League feat. Secret Society #23.4, Justice League of America feat. Black Adam #7.4, Justice League: Darkseid War Special #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: Batman #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: The Flash #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: Green Lantern #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: Lex Luthor #1, Justice League: Darkseid War: Shazam #1, and Justice League: Darkseid War: Superman #1.

If those end up being the published contents, then I think everything in the Darkseid War omni is collected here as well.
    And these are the contents of the JL: Darkseid Omnibus:
    Justice League #40-50, Darkseid War: Batman #1, Darkseid War: Flash #1, Darkseid War: Green Lantern #1, Darkseid War: Lex Luthor #1, Darkseid War: Shazam #1, Darkseid War: Superman #1, material from DC Comics Convergence #1

The only thing it seems to be missing is material from DC Comics Convergence #1. Not sure how important this is as I never read any of the Convergence comics. Any one know?

Justice League #40-50, Darkseid War: Batman #1, Darkseid War: Flash #1, Darkseid War: Green Lantern #1, Darkseid War: Lex Luthor #1, Darkseid War: Shazam #1, Darkseid War: Superman #1, material from DC Comics Convergence #1

The only thing it seems to be missing is material from DC Comics Convergence #1. Not sure how important this is as I never read any of the Convergence comics. Any one know?
    I think that's meant to be DC Comics Divergence #1. Divergence was DC's Free Comic Book Day book for 2015 and included three stories/Sneak Peeks; Gene Luen Yang's Superman, the post Endgame Batman, and a prologue to Darkseid War in JL. So what's listed as the DC Sneak Peek: Justice League #1 in Vol 2 is the material from DC Comics Divergence #1.

Perfectly not confusing

Incredible Member

That's probably a good thing that Convergence is not in this new book, cuz that story was not good

Incredible Member

Got "The Fourth World by John Byrne" and it contains:

• New Gods #12-15
    • Jack Kirby's Fourth World #1-20
    • Genesis #1-4
    • Darkseid New Year's Evil #1
    • New Gods Secret Files #1
    • Jack Kirby's Fourth World Gallery
    • New Gods Secret Files & Origins profiles
    • John Byrne Who's Who pages:

Update '87 (Amazing Grace)
    Who's Who in the DC universe 6 (Amazing Grace & Glorious Godfrey)
    Who's Who in the DC universe 6 (Darkseid's Elite)

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    The third TPB was released more than two years ago (in May 2019) and so far there wasn't a solicitation for the remainder of 2021, so that was to be expected. (Very few TPB series get a continuation after more than two and a half years.)

The most annoying thing is that only one more TPB was needed to complete the series - same with the Superman/Batman trades, where they actually managed to release six(!) trades, cancelling the final seventh one. Only thing you can do is buying the floppies or some super expensive omnibus with 80% redundant stuff
    Yeah, super frustrating. My fingers are still crossed that we actually see the final trade of PAD's Young Justice.

DC's collected editions dept has made some positive steps recently, but I guess we can't win 'em all...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think that's meant to be DC Comics Divergence #1. Divergence was DC's Free Comic Book Day book for 2015 and included three stories/Sneak Peeks; Gene Luen Yang's Superman, the post Endgame Batman, and a prologue to Darkseid War in JL. So what's listed as the DC Sneak Peek: Justice League #1 in Vol 2 is the material from DC Comics Divergence #1.

Perfectly not confusing
    Ok, so we're getting the Darkseid prologue from the FCBD, gotcha. These are going to be two very comprehensive JL N52 Omnibuses.

Ok, so we're getting the Darkseid prologue from the FCBD, gotcha. These are going to be two very comprehensive JL N52 Omnibuses.
    Uhg. While I'm glad it'll be collected in its entirety, between the N52 JL ohc a few months ago, and the Darkseid War omnibus from the other year, I'm kind of getting a bit pissed off at DC's decisions of late

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Uhg. While I'm glad it'll be collected in its entirety, between the N52 JL ohc a few months ago, and the Darkseid War omnibus from the other year, I'm kind of getting a bit pissed off at DC's decisions of late
    Cash is king, my friend. And it's much more cost effective for them to just re-package the same material in similar formats over and over than it is to reprint previously uncollected material...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I feel your pain. I got burned on the Super Sons Omnibus and Death of Supes Omnibus. I fortunately managed to offload the former and buy the extended edition. Still figuring what to do with the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Cash is king, my friend. And it's much more cost effective for them to just re-package the same material in similar formats over and over than it is to reprint previously uncollected material...
    True that, unfortunately.