View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1373 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 37387312731323136313691370137113721373137413751376137713831423 ... LastLast
Results 20,581 to 20,595 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I feel your pain. I got burned on the Super Sons Omnibus and Death of Supes Omnibus. I fortunately managed to offload the former and buy the extended edition. Still figuring what to do with the latter.

True that, unfortunately.
    What's up with the Superman Omni?

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    What's up with the Superman Omni?
    I have the 2013 printing which collects the following:

Superman: Man of Steel #17-26, Superman #73-82, Adventures of Superman #496-505, Action Comics #683-692, Green Lantern #46, Justice League of America #69

The 2019 printing collects the following:

Superman: Man of Steel #17-26 and Annual #2, Superman #73-83, Adventures of Superman #496-505 & Annual #5, Action Comics #683-692 & Annual #5, Green Lantern #46, Justice League of America #69-70, Newstime: The Life and Death of Superman, Superman: The Legacy of Superman #1, Supergirl and Team Luther Special #1, foldout from Superman #75.

So about 7 extra issues and the foldout

Incredible Member

I have the 2013 printing which collects the following:

Superman: Man of Steel #17-26, Superman #73-82, Adventures of Superman #496-505, Action Comics #683-692, Green Lantern #46, Justice League of America #69

The 2019 printing collects the following:

Superman: Man of Steel #17-26 and Annual #2, Superman #73-83, Adventures of Superman #496-505 & Annual #5, Action Comics #683-692 & Annual #5, Green Lantern #46, Justice League of America #69-70, Newstime: The Life and Death of Superman, Superman: The Legacy of Superman #1, Supergirl and Team Luther Special #1, foldout from Superman #75.

So about 7 extra issues and the foldout
    Oh yeah, that's a bummer. I have the latest paperbacks, so it's the same content as the 2019 version then, except the foldout and the Newstime one.

Ordered the first LEGION Five Years Later omni since DC decided to cap it off with V2. IST actually had it to me within a week of ordering! I'm blown away. Are they finally getting back to their pre-Covid ways? The last order I made sat for a month before it was even packed.
    Last edited by doolittle; 08-10-2021 at 09:45 AM. Reason: typo

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm super excited for the Silver Age Batman Omnibus line starting.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Green Lantern: The Power of Ion is now showing as a 2079 release on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1779510780...NRTCFEY6P41CQ7

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post

Just in time for my 98th birthday!
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Just in time for my 98th birthday!
    Maybe my grandchildren will be able to buy it?

Of course by then a 300 page tpb will go for about $459.99, so hopefully I can leave them something in my will...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Cash is king, my friend. And it's much more cost effective for them to just re-package the same material in similar formats over and over than it is to reprint previously uncollected material...
    I feel your pain. I got burned on the Super Sons Omnibus and Death of Supes Omnibus. I fortunately managed to offload the former and buy the extended edition. Still figuring what to do with the latter.

True that, unfortunately.
    Oh, it's total first world problems. I got burned on the SuperSons as well but was able to sell it for about what I paid. DC just needs to get it together - at least Marvel doesn't cannibalize its collections for at least a good 5+ years(looking at you Xmen)

So goes our hobby, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Oh, it's total first world problems. I got burned on the SuperSons as well but was able to sell it for about what I paid. DC just needs to get it together - at least Marvel doesn't cannibalize its collections for at least a good 5+ years(looking at you Xmen)

So goes our hobby, I guess
    This was really starting to bug me too, but I gave up being annoyed when I realized the quality on these remapped new printings was so poor. All of my X-Men books are first printing OHC's, pre-omni branding. They're of great quality, and look good as new after multiple readings.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

This was really starting to bug me too, but I gave up being annoyed when I realized the quality on these remapped new printings was so poor. All of my X-Men books are first printing OHC's, pre-omni branding. They're of great quality, and look good as new after multiple readings.
    Oh, mine are too! I think the only one that was worth upgrading to was the Inferno one? Or maybe FotM? I forget which had expanded issue collection.

Different note - Sweet Tooth The Return has a tpb coming out/already out. Any word on a ohc to match the original deluxes?

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Oh, mine are too! I think the only one that was worth upgrading to was the Inferno one? Or maybe FotM? I forget which had expanded issue collection.
    The Inferno omni just smashed together the original Inferno OHC and the Inferno Crossovers OHC, both of which I already had. I already saw a used copy of the mew omni at my LCS, and like I said, it's reprinted on flimsy tissue paper, bound tight, and has one of those cheap matte black covers. I love the faux leather with foil embossing on the originals.

The upcoming Fall of the Mutants omni is literally the OHC with the new branding - contents are identical. Although I suspect it will be noticeably thinner given the new paper stock...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Seems like another boring month. DC really needs a new collection team or something.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm super excited for the Silver Age Batman Omnibus line starting.
    Does this mean that there will be one more golden volume? I wonder how many volumes make up the silver age then on to the bronze age.
    Hail Hydra!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I didn't succumb to the Planet Hulk Omnibus as I have the original faux leather OHC. There is a slight regret in that the Omnibus has those extra issues but I'm not an Hulk completist so I'll live

I definitely am not picking up the new expanded Captain Britain Omnibus as I have the original two OHCs and original Omnibus which also contains two Captain America issues which the new Omnibus doesn't.