View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1385 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 38588512851335137513811382138313841385138613871388138913951435 ... LastLast
Results 20,761 to 20,775 of 21662

Did anyone buy/read the Flashpoint Omnibus?
    Thoughts?
    (mostly, how's the overall art?)
    It's enormity, and breadth are both a selling-point and a detriment for me, and not sure if I should buy it or not...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Did anyone buy/read the Flashpoint Omnibus?
    Thoughts?
    (mostly, how's the overall art?)
    It's enormity, and breadth are both a selling-point and a detriment for me, and not sure if I should buy it or not...
    Bought but not yet read. I've flipped through it and the art is broadly very good (ranging from awesome to 'standard event' quality). Anything you want to know specifically?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    Bought but not yet read. I've flipped through it and the art is broadly very good (ranging from awesome to 'standard event' quality). Anything you want to know specifically?
    Since it's a collection of different runs, I'd wanna know how they all read together in one volume, and if it makes much sense (also, if the order they have it in is good or not).

Mighty Member

http://prhinternationalsales.com/boo...=9781779515612

Multiversity Absolute Edition finally got a listing (pretty sure BC mentioned this was coming a month or two ago). Really interesting part to me is that it's currently listed at 170 pages larger than previous editions (as always, that page count could be a placeholder)
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Did Batman: No Man's Land Omni vol.1 get pushed back or I just wholly missed it?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Did Batman: No Man's Land Omni vol.1 get pushed back or I just wholly missed it?
    It's one of the books that got rescheduled thanks for current supply chain issue and paper shortages. It's currently scheduled for 11th January.

Here's a full list from earlier in the thread - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...13#post5765213.

Do we have an update list of omnibus and absolutes coming out in 2022?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Thanks @Brian for the link!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    If it were anyone but Batman I'd be pissed, but this will definitely see print eventually.
    I am most annoyed about Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 6's cancel (for later resolicit), but I just preordered Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 7 to remind DC how much I want these, and in fact NEED these (for planned comic binds).
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I am most annoyed about Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 6's cancel (for later resolicit), but I just preordered Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 7 to remind DC how much I want these, and in fact NEED these (for planned comic binds).
    We're so close to closing the gap to the Knightfall collections, I'm going to remain optimistic (for once ) that DC won't fail us this time.

But again, if we were talking literally any other franchise/character, my faith in DC would be next to nil.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    We're so close to closing the gap to the Knightfall collections, I'm going to remain optimistic (for once ) that DC won't fail us this time.

But again, if we were talking literally any other franchise/character, my faith in DC would be next to nil.
    I absolutely agree on both points. I'm optimistic, but boy, if this didn't concern Batman, I would feel infinitely less optimistic and far angrier.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Who do you use for binding? Herring & Robinson were my go-to, but they're gone now...never tried Houchen before.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    Who do you use for binding? Herring & Robinson were my go-to, but they're gone now...never tried Houchen before.
    I have had 20+ books by Houchen they are excellent

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I have had 20+ books by Houchen they are excellent
    Good to hear...I was thinking about giving them a shot in January, I just hate having to switch.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I have (and enjoyed) Batman by Snyder omni #1... how much do I want the upcoming 2nd volume - is it better, worse or the same as the first volume, is it essential, or skipable?