View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1387 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 38788712871337137713831384138513861387138813891390139113971437 ... LastLast
Results 20,791 to 20,805 of 21672
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Green Arrow Longbow Hunters Omni v.2 - delayed and pushed back?
    I had it written down for this week. I missed an update on its street date?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Green Arrow Longbow Hunters Omni v.2 - delayed and pushed back?
    I had it written down for this week. I missed an update on its street date?
    It's now due 28th December according to Lunar. Lunar don't have separate web pages for each book, so I don't have a direct link, but if you search Green Arrow Omnibus, it comes up as one of the results - https://www.lunardistribution.com/ho...+arrow+omnibus.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    I'm typing this from work so I'm going by memory here is what I have:

Batman Hush vol. 1 and vo.2 (these were from 2004 and the first collected editions of the Hush storyline vol. 1 had #608-613 and vol. 2 had #614-619 and a 6-page insert originally included in Wizard Zero magazine, I think there sketches too) these were later released as two seperate paperbacnks.

Batman Absolute Edition (from 2011 collecting the entirety along with sketches and introductions)

Batman Hush (tpb from 2013)

Batman Hush Unwrapped (from 2011 a nice look into Jim Lee's pencils sans ink)

Batman Hush Noir (from 2015 the entire story in black and white)

Batman Hush 15th Anniversay (from 2017 yet another collected edition along with sketches)

yeah that's quite a lot, there have been new printings of the Absolute and Unwrapped but I won't bother with those, in 2019 another softcover version of Hush came that has Batman's face midwrapped in bandages but caution because there have been misprints of word ballloons missing.

As for the Azarello/Lee Superman run welllll maybe another fellow can post those.
    Thank you! I will look into these.

I went ahead and ordered the Justice League Dark Omnibus, because I like big huge collections with great art, and I'm a glutton for punishment!

My wife won't be happy with this, but I'm having it shipped to my work, and I've already made room for it on my dedicated shelf, so she's not gonna know!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    I went ahead and ordered the Justice League Dark Omnibus, because I like big huge collections with great art, and I'm a glutton for punishment!

My wife won't be happy with this, but I'm having it shipped to my work, and I've already made room for it on my dedicated shelf, so she's not gonna know!
    I passed on pre-ordering this, because as much as I love the material, I just can't see myself ever struggling to re-read it in such an unwieldy format. I really wish they'd done two volumes.

But let us know if you develop carpal tunnel after handling it! If you don't, I might reconsider...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I passed on pre-ordering this, because as much as I love the material, I just can't see myself ever struggling to re-read it in such an unwieldy format. I really wish they'd done two volumes.

But let us know if you develop carpal tunnel after handling it! If you don't, I might reconsider...
    Oh, I have a little, faux-leather ottoman I can put the really big volumes on, and put that in front of most chairs, that makes the bigger books easier to read, so size has never been an issue. I certainly rarely, if ever, just keep them in my lap. If I can read that big "Colossal Conan" collection without issue, I can read anything!

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post

I have 80% of the books I order shipped to work. I then slip them in the house at a convenient time. I have 20% of the books I order delivered to the house so that my collection grows and is observed growing.
    The trickery is a little underhanded but it saves on a lot of unnecessary headaches.

If you've not thought of this you should: Slush fund
    An account you pay for the books out of that isn't tied to a shared access account. I use MyVanilla, a reloadable credit/debit card. Funding it through various ways that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

A comic shop needs to do a remake of this M&Ms ad, but with omnibuses

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    If you've not thought of this you should: Slush fund
    An account you pay for the books out of that isn't tied to a shared access account. I use MyVanilla, a reloadable credit/debit card. Funding it through various ways that.
    I sell some books here and there to both fund and make room for new books, I also sell other old (though valuable) crap (like video games, records, guitars/pedals, etc) on ebay, and use that paypal money to buy more records and omnis.

Incredible Member

Received my Omnibus of Batman Brave & The Bold vol. 3 very nicely packed with no damage.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Received my Omnibus of Batman Brave & The Bold vol. 3 very nicely packed with no damage.
    So glad this one finally got released after all the delays!

I feel like they s has been answered before, but why is JLA 240 missing from the Detroit Omnibus?

Got my Justice League Dark Omni the other day - only flipped through it and read the first couple issues - it's a thing of beauty (and heft)!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I feel like they s has been answered before, but why is JLA 240 missing from the Detroit Omnibus?
    Kurt Busiek was the guest writer for that issue and used the traditional team instead of the Detroit line up. Since it's by a different write with a different cast, it wasn't included in the Detroit omnibus.