View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1392 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 39289212921342138213881389139013911392139313941395139614021442 ... LastLast
Results 20,866 to 20,880 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Rod Keith over on the MMW Board received a copy of the Wonder Woman Silver Age Omnibus 1 early and has posted pics here

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv....html#p1394819

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Rod Keith over on the MMW Board received a copy of the Wonder Woman Silver Age Omnibus 1 early and has posted pics here

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marv....html#p1394819
    That's a nicely designed cover. I plan on picking up the Batman Silver Age Omnibus. I hope they stick with the same disign/format throughout. I also like how they started to put all the covers on the back.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky One View Post
    I’d like to answer, but it’s been over a decade since I read the two Showcase Presents Phantom Stranger volumes.

If memory serves, the ‘50s stories were pretty standard late Golden Age/Atomic Age fare, with various characters facing problems and the Phantom Stranger helping them out. He was much less mystical, often exposing supposedly supernatural problems as having rational solutions. They even showed his eyes!

In the Sixties series, PS was a much more clearly supernatural character, battling various monsters and demons. Doctor Thirteen the Ghost-Breaker was constantly on his trail, determined to expose the Stranger as a fake. Sorry I don’t recall more about it, but I remember some of the art being really good.

http://www.toonopedia.com/phanstrn.htm
    Thanks for posting this. I'm going to keep thinking on it but this gives me more to mull over.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Question, has the current ram v swamp thing been collected in full yet? All I can find is one book, the future state and 1-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    Question, has the current ram v swamp thing been collected in full yet? All I can find is one book, the future state and 1-4.
    Not yet, but the series is still being published, and has been extended to 16 issues. There will probably be a Vol 2 with #s 5 to 10, and a Vol 3 with 11 to 16 during next year. It's hard to say at this point if DC will follow it up with a complete collection type book down the road; if they did, it would be 2023 at the very earliest before it would be published.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Not yet, but the series is still being published, and has been extended to 16 issues. There will probably be a Vol 2 with #s 5 to 10, and a Vol 3 with 11 to 16 during next year. It's hard to say at this point if DC will follow it up with a complete collection type book down the road; if they did, it would be 2023 at the very earliest before it would be published.
    When I heard the series had been extended, I was glad I'd held off on pre-ordering that first trade. Now once it wraps, they need to fact track a Deluxe Edition HC!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    When I heard the series had been extended, I was glad I'd held off on pre-ordering that first trade. Now once it wraps, they need to fact track a Deluxe Edition HC!
    This. My budget wouldn't allow me to add this title monthly. Knew a collected edition(s) would be my route. Now that it has been extended a Deluxe HC sounds perfect even if I have to wait a few more years to read it.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Is there any hope for PAD's Young Justice to be collected fully? They just need one more trade for like 12 more issues?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Is there any hope for PAD's Young Justice to be collected fully? They just need one more trade for like 12 more issues?
    I could've sworn the final volume was solicited (Amazon maybe?) but it never materialized...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I assume this has disappeared into the same black hole that swallowed PAD's Aquaman vol.3 and Supergirl vol.5

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I could've sworn the final volume was solicited (Amazon maybe?) but it never materialized...
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylon23 View Post
    I assume this has disappeared into the same black hole that swallowed PAD's Aquaman vol.3 and Supergirl vol.5
    But Aquaman just needed two trades to finish and YJ just 1. Supergirl would needed 2 or 3 too.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

But Aquaman just needed two trades to finish and YJ just 1. Supergirl would needed 2 or 3 too.
    It's frustrating, I know. Unfortunately DC is notorious for not finishing series. Just off the top of my head they've never completed Ostrander's Spectre or Martian Manhunter, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Infinity Inc., PAD's Aquaman and Supergirl, Kesel's Superboy, Cassandra Cain Batgirl and probably a lot more I'm forgetting. PLus it looks like we'll never see a second Power of Shazam hardcover.

Fantastic Member

It's frustrating, I know. Unfortunately DC is notorious for not finishing series. Just off the top of my head they've never completed Ostrander's Spectre or Martian Manhunter, Sandman Mystery Theatre, Infinity Inc., PAD's Aquaman and Supergirl, Kesel's Superboy, Cassandra Cain Batgirl and probably a lot more I'm forgetting. PLus it looks like we'll never see a second Power of Shazam hardcover.
    So I ought not bother to go get the PAD Aquaman books I saw, good to know. Seriously, thank You…

This is something DC seem to have recognised, which is probably why they're using the Compendium format for Starman and really leaning into the massive, 1500 page, Omnis.

As for PAD's Aquaman and the Power of Shazam collections, we might see them resurface closer to their respective movies. (No pun intended.)

I don't know what chance Young Justice has though. It's unfortunately not the first series that DC has stopped with just one book to go; eg the Superman/Batman books, Geoff Johns Flash or Teen Titans.

Mighty Member

Dixon on BoP, Dixon's Robin, Marz's Green Lantern, Geoff Johns' Flash, pre-Waid Flash, Superman Red/Blue, Superman: City of Tomorrow, LoSH by Levitz (not technically Complete Collections, but still...), probably yet more ...
    Blue text denotes sarcasm