View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 14 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824641145141014 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about now. That web site explicitly shows that the Sinestro Corps War is laid out exactly as I explained. The first omnibus according to your socilit goes to the very end of the Sinestro Corps War, but doesn't include any of the GLC chapters or the other 3 Tales chapters.

Of course Green Lantern Corps itself started before the Sinestro Corps War, but it doesn't start intertwining story-wise with Johns' GL until then.
    Ah I was reading the wrong numbers, too many late nights. Bugger they've really screwed the pooch haven't they.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    or set it on fire and throw out of the window.
    But if you like it, you should check The Return of Bruce Wayne, it's as much of a continuation/aftermath of FC than part of the Batman storyline.
    I loved FC. Every time I read it I find something new. RoBW on the other hand didn't impress me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    I loved FC. Every time I read it I find something new. RoBW on the other hand didn't impress me that much.
    I was only referring to the fact that people tend to love or really hate Morrison. I used to hate Morrison with a burning passion and sweared that I'm never gonna touch any of his crap again, than things changed an now I'm a pathetic GM fanboy.
    RoBW impressed me because I thought it will only be a cute little adventure but at the end it was almost FC all over again (just on a smaller scale), which was quite surprising for me. I also liked the "first truth of Batman" thing, it came out reall nice and made INC a logical follow up emotionally too.

I just hate that they went straight to Absolue for Batman Inc. instead of giving us the two new52 trades in one deluxe hardcover to match (almost) all of the rest. It's maddening.

Incredible Member

I just hate that they went straight to Absolue for Batman Inc. instead of giving us the two new52 trades in one deluxe hardcover to match (almost) all of the rest. It's maddening.
    I'm sure they'll put out a deluxe of the new 52 series. Don't see why an absolute had to come first though..

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    I gotta say I've been very lucky (and attentive) in this regard. All-Star superman was from a glitch so brand new, for Hush and Watchmen i simply looked at the pictures the sellers had provided on ebay. Both were in excellent condition. Also another great thing about the absolutes are those slipcases, so even if there is any damage the book inside will be unscathed. Now I want to get New Frontier and Long Halloween before DC increase their MSRP for the next reprint.
    Thanks for the reply. I guess my other concern would be how each seller would pack the book, but oh well. Something will come along at the right time that I desperately want.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I guess my other concern would be how each seller would pack the book, but oh well. Something will come along at the right time that I desperately want.
    I've got a few really cheap used absolutes, with broken slipcases (known when I ordered it). I just repair them. I've never had any issues with the underlying books though. I'd be wary of buying one that was listed "without slipcover".

I agree. I have all the deluxes and it is really frustrating.

Seriously, what is with the paper across both Marvel and DC. This is what 24 hours out of shrink wrap in a dry environment does on this one.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Seriously, what is with the paper across both Marvel and DC. This is what 24 hours out of shrink wrap in a dry environment does on this one.

Aww man, that's just not right

just checked my Planetary omnibus, and it looks the same after 2-3 month on the shelf.
    My IDW deluxe hc which was really wavy when it arrived flattened out really smoothly and my newer Marvel omnis are flat too (Iron man, WCA, but maybe they are pressed together a bit tighter than Planetary. I'm just mentioning them, because of the thin paper).

Spectacular Member

just checked my Planetary omnibus, and it looks the same after 2-3 month on the shelf.
    My IDW deluxe hc which was really wavy when it arrived flattened out really smoothly and my newer Marvel omnis are flat too (Iron man, WCA, but maybe they are pressed together a bit tighter than Planetary. I'm just mentioning them, because of the thin paper).
    Had the same thing with my Planetary Omnibus. Took it out of the shrink wrap and the next day it got all wavy (it was tightly arranged on the shelf). Started reading it a week ago and finished it yesterday, put in back on the shelf and now the waves are almost gone, go figure...

(reposting from the old thread for posterity)

5 Omnibuses that DC NEEDS to put together, STAT!

- Swamp Thing by Alan Moore

- Superman by John Byrne

- Wonder Woman by George Perez

- Justice League by Giffen/DeMatteis & Maguire/Huges

- Hitman by Ennis & McCrea

BOOM!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I'm sure they'll put out a deluxe of the new 52 series. Don't see why an absolute had to come first though..
    I agree. I have all the deluxes and it is really frustrating.
    I am not extremely bothered by this since the Absolutes are popular but am a bit surprised they went this route. I don't particularly care for the format but that's just me.

And after all DC never re-released the standard size Resurrection of Ra's Al Gul or the Time and the Batman hardcovers up to the deluxe size. I had long assumed DC would've repackaged the RIP material with the Time and the Batman by producing another Deluxe release after they put out the Batman Black Glove Deluxe but that never came to pass. Just goes to show how terrible I am at guessing publisher's release patterns right?

I prefer absolutes and I'm happy to see Bat Inc. (with new Burnham pages!) get the treatment so soon. My wish is to see all of Morrison's Batman run done this way. I'm getting impatient waiting to see when the rest comes out. I think there is about 26 issues or so that could be covered in 1 or 2 editions.