View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1408 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4089081308135813981404140514061407140814091410141114121418 ... LastLast
Results 21,106 to 21,120 of 21662
    Incredible Member

How is the coloring in the Swamp Thing box set? Is it closer to what the absolutes are now, or closer to the 80s?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by newparisian View Post
    How is the coloring in the Swamp Thing box set? Is it closer to what the absolutes are now, or closer to the 80s?
    99% sure it's just the trades repackaged - not recolored like the Absolutes...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    99% sure it's just the trades repackaged - not recolored like the Absolutes...
    Hmmm.. Then I guess I'll wait for them to do an omnibus version with the absolutes' coloring. Thanks.

So what does everyone think the odds are of DC doing a Legion of Superheroes Silver Age omnibus vol 4? It would fill the gap between vol 3 and the Superboy and Legion hardcovers they put out a few years ago. They just covered the gap between those hardcovers and great darkness so really only gap left that has not been reprinted recently.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Knowing DC it is sadly a reality they could orphan it just as easy as plug the gap based on the amount of Orphaned TPBs and HCs they've left hanging over the years.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    So what does everyone think the odds are of DC doing a Legion of Superheroes Silver Age omnibus vol 4? It would fill the gap between vol 3 and the Superboy and Legion hardcovers they put out a few years ago. They just covered the gap between those hardcovers and great darkness so really only gap left that has not been reprinted recently.
    Silver Age is complete. The third Omnibus finished with Action Comics #392 (September 1970), so the next thing would be a Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1.

I'm afraid, in the future we won't see much more than GA/SA/BA Omnibusses of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. The final SA Omnibusses of Flash, Green Lantern and Supergirl have been released four years(!) ago and we still haven't seen a single BA Omnibus of these solicited. Also no World's Finest SA Vol.3 (which would complete the WF Silver Age), no JLI Vol. 3, and New Teen Titans Vol. 6 has been cancelled.

Instead we'll get New 52 and Rebirth (and even newer) Omnibusses no one really needs ...
    Last edited by shaboo; 05-26-2022 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaboo View Post
    Silver Age is complete. The third Omnibus finished with Action Comics #392 (September 1970), so the next thing would be a Bronze Age Omnibus Vol. 1.

I'm afraid, in the future we won't see much more than GA/SA/BA Omnibusses of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman. The final SA Omnibusses of Flash, Green Lantern and Supergirl have been released four years(!) ago and we still haven't seen a single BA Omnibus of these solicited. Also no World's Finest SA Vol.3 (which would complete the WF Silver Age), no JLI Vol. 3, and New Teen Titans Vol. 6 has been cancelled.

Instead we'll get New 52 and Rebirth (and even newer) Omnibusses no one really needs ...
    Are you saying that we won't see the last golden age Batman volume? That would be just plain cruel.
    Hail Hydra!

I don't agree with that sentiment. I'd very much like to see a Tynion/Ram V Justice League: Dark omni. Grant Morrison Green Lantern would be alright, too.

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Are you saying that we won't see the last golden age Batman volume? That would be just plain cruel.
    I think Shaboo is saying we probably won't see GA/SA/BA omnis for anything other than Batman, Superman, and WW.

I wish they would do the Bronze Age Flash it’s the only gap in my Barry/Wally Flash collection. Legion I expected would end up being a singles/buying old archived hardcovers. I hope we at least get one silver age Superman. We got a WW and a Batman coming so hopefully we get at least one silver age Superman.

Also no World's Finest SA Vol.3 (which would complete the WF Silver Age), no JLI Vol. 3, and New Teen Titans Vol. 6 has been cancelled.
    Given the long stretch between JLI Vol.'s 1 and 2, I would still hold out hope for Vol. 3... if it weren't for the fact it would contain *a lot* of Gerard Jones penned issues. I think that's what killed that book ever seeing print.

I don't recall seeing NTT Vol. 6 solicited...? It would pick up with New Titans #50, so maybe that's what they'll brand it as, dropping the "teen".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

Given the long stretch between JLI Vol.'s 1 and 2, I would still hold out hope for Vol. 3... if it weren't for the fact it would contain *a lot* of Gerard Jones penned issues. I think that's what killed that book ever seeing print.

I don't recall seeing NTT Vol. 6 solicited...? It would pick up with New Titans #50, so maybe that's what they'll brand it as, dropping the "teen".
    NTT 6 was solicited as a collection of the extra material rather than issues of the main title:

The New Teen Titans era reaches the finish line in the sixth massive collection of the historic 1980s series!

The latest omnibus collection of Marv Wolfman’s outstanding run on The New Titans!

Featuring the last Marv Wolfman and George Pérez project, The New Teen Titans: Games, a standalone story involving a mysterious villain playing a deadly game with New York City as the game board, and the Teen Titans as the pieces! THE NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES is a can’t-miss for fans new and old.

Then, launching into the individual Teen Titans Spotlight series that tells tales featuring each Teen Titan in their own adventure!

Collects The New Teen Titans: Games #1, World’s Finest Comics #300, Teen Titans Spotlight #1-21, and The New Teen Titans (Drug Awareness) #1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I think Shaboo is saying we probably won't see GA/SA/BA omnis for anything other than Batman, Superman, and WW.
    Thank you for the reply.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    NTT 6 was solicited as a collection of the extra material rather than issues of the main title:

The New Teen Titans era reaches the finish line in the sixth massive collection of the historic 1980s series!

The latest omnibus collection of Marv Wolfman’s outstanding run on The New Titans!

Featuring the last Marv Wolfman and George Pérez project, The New Teen Titans: Games, a standalone story involving a mysterious villain playing a deadly game with New York City as the game board, and the Teen Titans as the pieces! THE NEW TEEN TITANS: GAMES is a can’t-miss for fans new and old.

Then, launching into the individual Teen Titans Spotlight series that tells tales featuring each Teen Titan in their own adventure!

Collects The New Teen Titans: Games #1, World’s Finest Comics #300, Teen Titans Spotlight #1-21, and The New Teen Titans (Drug Awareness) #1-3.
    Oh damn, I completely missed that! Thanks!

Tbh, I probably would have skipped that book and would have preferred one that picked up with "Who Is Wonder Girl?" in New Titans #50 and took us up to "Titans Hunt".
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

Oh damn, I completely missed that! Thanks!

Tbh, I probably would have skipped that book and would have preferred one that picked up with "Who Is Wonder Girl?" in New Titans #50 and took us up to "Titans Hunt".
    No problem, I believe the fan theory was that omnibus 6 would be the last "New Teen Titans" omnibus and the next volume would restart the numbering to be "New Titans omnibus 1" to reflect the title change to "The New Titans" at issue 50