View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1410 of 1443 FirstFirst ... 4109101310136014001406140714081409141014111412141314141420 ... LastLast
Results 21,136 to 21,150 of 21643
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I'm legitimately shocked they're actually completing this.

Still would've preferred a series of chunky trades (a la Hellblazer) over three unwieldy monsters, but good on DC for seeing it through til the end!
    They did try chunky trades. They made all of one volume before abandoning the line. Without having any access to actual data, my best guess is that Books of Magic doesn't have enough interest to support a full trade run, but that Books of Magic fans and Omnibus collectors combined is enough to support an Omni line. Either that of the Sandman branding really does have a good amount of juice. (The chunky trade didn't have the "Sandman Universe" trade dress).

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

^ ^ ^

True, true...

I'll just have to be content with my collection of floppies.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

My LoSH 5YL v2 just arrived, so it's time for something else Legion-y to appear on PRH! We've got the 4 pre-Great Darkness Saga HCs, we've got 5YL-ZH in two omnis, it's time for the first (of two or three) Levitz omnibuses. Let's go DC Collected Editions department, we're all ready for it.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    My LoSH 5YL v2 just arrived, so it's time for something else Legion-y to appear on PRH! We've got the 4 pre-Great Darkness Saga HCs, we've got 5YL-ZH in two omnis, it's time for the first (of two or three) Levitz omnibuses. Let's go DC Collected Editions department, we're all ready for it.
    We need a bronze age omnibus to collect the last four archived books that has the Jim Shooter stuff and starts the Levitz stuff

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    We need a bronze age omnibus to collect the last four archived books that has the Jim Shooter stuff and starts the Levitz stuff
    I would be fine with that, as well. If someone wants them to concatenate the two Legionnaires collections (and add more to them) to make a post ZH omni, that'd be great, too! I'm here for any and all of it.

Kinda salty the second volume of 100 Bullets Omnibus left out the Brother Lono mini. It was only 8 issues. Maaaaaan.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Kinda salty the second volume of 100 Bullets Omnibus left out the Brother Lono mini. It was only 8 issues. Maaaaaan.
    Yeah not including Lono mini is a total failure.
    Im more salty I passed on the 100 Bullets Deluxe HCs that released years ago. Much better option than these unwieldy ginormous omnis, the design looks better too on shelves. The Deluxe HCs will likely never see print again Still my biggest regret in comic collecting.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destro777 View Post
    Yeah not including Lono mini is a total failure.
    Im more salty I passed on the 100 Bullets Deluxe HCs that released years ago. Much better option than these unwieldy ginormous omnis, the design looks better too on shelves. The Deluxe HCs will likely never see print again Still my biggest regret in comic collecting.
    I could’ve sworn when Brother Lono was released that they said they had several things planned.. yet Lono is the only thing they’ve done since then. I was hoping there was going to be another couple mini series with some thing to make another Deluxe!

All-New Member

Hello I am planning to buy Green Lantern Rebirth Deluxe Edition ,but I was wondering how's the quality of the book in terms of paper and binding ?

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    I could’ve sworn when Brother Lono was released that they said they had several things planned.. yet Lono is the only thing they’ve done since then. I was hoping there was going to be another couple mini series with some thing to make another Deluxe!
    I think it was the other way around. For years Azzarello said the 100 issues of 100 Bullets was the full story and there wouldnt be anything else. Then years later after that - Brother Lono happened. But Azzarello claiming from the beginning that "Brother Lono is not a sequel to 100 Bullets". Case in point - its pretty disappointing Brother Lono wasnt a part of the new omni, at least to finally get it in oversized format and to bookend the series.

"100 Bullets" was a series that really felt complete: 100 issues, a big, sprawling story. Every character got something of an ending, though some were a little bit of a question mark. Why come back to that world four years later? What led you back?

"Brian Azzarello: We are not going back to that world. This is an entirely different world altogether. "100 Bullets" is a novel, on its own. "Brother Lono," other than the main character, has nothing to do with "100 Bullets." There will be no briefcase. No revenge. None of that."

https://www.mtv.com/news/2629128/int...-brother-lono/
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Incredible Member

Near Mint Condition overview of Catwoman of East End Omnibus

Incredible Member

Near Mint Condition overview of The Question Omnibus by Dennis O'Neil and Denys Cowan Vol. 1

The post-N52 but pre-Rebirth Justice League of America by Hitch, the 10 issue run, has a tpd title Power and Glory. It's missing issue 5 - which was done by Kindt, Tan, and co. Is issue 5 collected in anything else? Thanks!

Also, did I miss a BoP trade release? Fighters by Trade collects 81-91, and the newest release, Whitewater, collects 104-112, but I can't find anything about the trade that collects 92-103. Unless I'm totally missing something here?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Also, did I miss a BoP trade release? Fighters by Trade collects 81-91, and the newest release, Whitewater, collects 104-112, but I can't find anything about the trade that collects 92-103. Unless I'm totally missing something here?
    You didn't miss anything. They just screwed up