View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1411 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4119111311136114011407140814091410141114121413141414151421 ... LastLast
Results 21,151 to 21,165 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    You didn't miss anything. They just screwed up
    Ugh, that's even worse.

Thanks DC.

I think it is common that collections that are not numbered might skip some issues?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think it is common that collections that are not numbered might skip some issues?
    That's usually to skip issues not by a primary author or artist. They're just skipping an entire trade worth of Simone's run. It's pretty odd, and the new mapping doesn't line up to the old trades so we can't just hunt down replacement volumes.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Incredible Member

Hi guys.

Do you have any opinion about JLA by Grant Morrison omnibus? I'm asking about the edition, I already love that run is it easy to read? Or the part of thepages at the spine of the book are hard to read?

I can buy it at half its price just today, but I have some doubts

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Ugh, that's even worse.

Thanks DC.
    Yeah agreed, its crazy how they missed out part of the Simone run

Birds of Prey: Murder and Mystery Birds of Prey #56-67
    Birds of Prey: Hero Hunters Birds of Prey #68-80, Batgirl #57, and Batman #633
    Birds of Prey Fighters by Trade Birds of Prey #81-91
    Birds of Prey: Whitewater Birds of Prey #104-112

Leaving a gap of #92-#103 for no discernible reason!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    Yeah agreed, its crazy how they missed out part of the Simone run

Birds of Prey: Murder and Mystery Birds of Prey #56-67
    Birds of Prey: Hero Hunters Birds of Prey #68-80, Batgirl #57, and Batman #633
    Birds of Prey Fighters by Trade Birds of Prey #81-91
    Birds of Prey: Whitewater Birds of Prey #104-112

Leaving a gap of #92-#103 for no discernible reason!
    It's so weird because the gap is basically the right size for one of these volumes. It's like they'd planned to put out volume 4 during the pandemic and forgot it never happened.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Hmm... Were there any now-problematic creators involved with any of the skipped issues? Can't think of any reason off the top of my head they'd do that; perhaps they still plan on releasing it down the road?

I have all the original trades and singles, but I'd have to dig them out and research.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Hmm... Were there any now-problematic creators involved with any of the skipped issues? Can't think of any reason off the top of my head they'd do that; perhaps they still plan on releasing it down the road?

I have all the original trades and singles, but I'd have to dig them out and research.
    Pretty sure they’re all written by Simone and none of the artists have any problems (Nicola Scott started during that run, for example.) It really does seem like they just forgot them. Or maybe they’re experimenting with an Epic-style release schedule where the volumes aren’t necessarily published sequentially?

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    It's so weird because the gap is basically the right size for one of these volumes. It's like they'd planned to put out volume 4 during the pandemic and forgot it never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Grayson View Post
    Pretty sure they’re all written by Simone and none of the artists have any problems (Nicola Scott started during that run, for example.) It really does seem like they just forgot them. Or maybe they’re experimenting with an Epic-style release schedule where the volumes aren’t necessarily published sequentially?
    So what's weird is 91 is actually a filler by Jim Alexander and Brad Walker.

But I did a little research/digging, back in the Dec 2020 solicits there was something for a BoP trade Blood and Circuits collecting 96-103 (which does not line up with the new collection mapping) but set with 360 pages (more in line with collecting 92-103 than the 7 solicited issues), priced at 29.99 USD, but the ISBN matches the one for Hero Hunters.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...december-2020/

It honestly seems like they just flat out forgot about it and goofed up.

Seems like an easy enough fix, DC! Just slap a new cover and title on the skipped batch of issues and get it out there!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    So what's weird is 91 is actually a filler by Jim Alexander and Brad Walker.

But I did a little research/digging, back in the Dec 2020 solicits there was something for a BoP trade Blood and Circuits collecting 96-103 (which does not line up with the new collection mapping) but set with 360 pages (more in line with collecting 92-103 than the 7 solicited issues), priced at 29.99 USD, but the ISBN matches the one for Hero Hunters.

https://www.cbr.com/dc-comics-solici...december-2020/

It honestly seems like they just flat out forgot about it and goofed up.
    From what I remember nearly all of these new BOP collections have the wrong issues listing in the initial solicits (and some places probably never updated the contents!) so I wouldn't be surprised if the CE department got confused themselves and thought it had already come out!

Seems like an easy enough fix, DC! Just slap a new cover and title on the skipped batch of issues and get it out there!
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG2045 View Post
    From what I remember nearly all of these new BOP collections have the wrong issues listing in the initial solicits (and some places probably never updated the contents!) so I wouldn't be surprised if the CE department got confused themselves and thought it had already come out!
    Oh wow, I didn't realize that. I don't pay too much attention to solicits, honestly.

But it should be pretty easy...maybe we can even get them to release 2-3 tpbs to finish Dixon's run so it meets up nicely with the start of Simone's. I can dream.

3 trades would easily wrap up Dixon's run (which I would love to see), but there's another volumes worth of issues between his last and Simone's first. All worth collecting, imho...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

3 trades would easily wrap up Dixon's run (which I would love to see), but there's another volumes worth of issues between his last and Simone's first. All worth collecting, imho...
    I think Dixon's run ends at 45? And the last of his trades left off at 21 or 22. So easily fit that in 2 trades. Then Terry Moore writes 5 or 6 issues, followed by Gilbert Hernandez for another 5 or 6.

So yeah, 3 trades in total. Not sure if there are an annuals or other tie ins/crossovers, but very doable in 3

Catwoman Omni seems to be sold out at all the usual places, and CGN says not to expect a restock until October.
    It's crazy out there!