View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1415 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4159151315136514051411141214131414141514161417141814191425 ... LastLast
Results 21,211 to 21,225 of 21672
    BANNED

I suspect Chuck Dixon’s involvement in Comicsgate to be the reason why DC is no longer collecting his series.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^^
    Which if true is stupid.
    Who really is hurt here the most?
    Fans

Chuck and any Comicsgate folks are making a living. This idea of not publishing their work only hurts the fans of the characters that DC (any publisher) has.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KyleWayne View Post
    I suspect Chuck Dixon’s involvement in Comicsgate to be the reason why DC is no longer collecting his series.
    EVS is an even bigger comicsgater. But he worked with Geoff Johns, so his stuff will always be in print.

DC seems to go through periods where they focus on one era and ignore the others. Mark Waid didn't get his Flash run collected until the Geoff Johns run had been fully collected in 3 different formats.

The only person I think is completely blacklisted from reprints is Gerard Jones.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

For every sh!tty creator listed on a potential collection, there are a dozen others who get screwed, because I'm sure they could use a nice residuals check these days...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

DC published a hardcover collection of some of his Detective Comics issues not too long ago, so I'm not sure that's the reason (Batman: Knight Out).

Maybe it's as simple as his stuff not selling as well as other creators or material?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    DC published a hardcover collection of some of his Detective Comics issues not too long ago, so I'm not sure that's the reason (Batman: Knight Out).

Maybe it's as simple as his stuff not selling as well as other creators or material?
    Well, it’s weird that Tim Drake’s series wouldn’t sell well. He’s the best Robin.

I personally don’t like Dixon’s politics but I can separate the art from the artist. His DC work wasn’t particularly conservative with the exception of some lame Clinton jokes and Stephanie’s reaction when Tim asks if she’s going to get an abortion. Now I doubt I would buy anything new from him, but I don’t have a problem buying reprinted material. I collected Robin on and off as a kid, so these Robin collections were a nice way to get the entire series (or at least the Dixon run).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    That's usually to skip issues not by a primary author or artist. They're just skipping an entire trade worth of Simone's run. It's pretty odd, and the new mapping doesn't line up to the old trades so we can't just hunt down replacement volumes.
    In this case it is possible to hunt down the old trades though. Birds of Prey: Perfect Pitch collects issues 92-95 and Birds of Prey: Blood and Circuits collects issues 96-103. In a a sane world DC would combine them into a new single volume.

The Batman The Imposter hardcover is standard size 7x10, correct? Not the Black Label Deluxe size, right? Thanks!

Is the Three Jokers HC deluxe or regular?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Is the Three Jokers HC deluxe or regular?
    I think its regular, there may be an Absolute next year with extras, here is a review of the HC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGV8CCiAeCg

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DC Oversized December 2022 solicitations:

AQUAMAN: 80 YEARS OF THE KING OF THE SEVEN SEAS THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by MORT WEISINGER, PAUL KUPPERBERG, PETER DAVID, GEOFF JOHNS, and others
    Art by PAUL NORRIS, RAMONA FRADON, CRAIG HAMILTON, JIM CALAFIORE, and others
    Cover by JIM LEE and SCOTT WILLIAMS
    $29.99 US | 440 pages | 7 1/16" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-019-8
    ON SALE 2/14/23
    Celebrate Aquaman’s comic book debut in the pages of More Fun Comics #73 with this deluxe volume of iconic stories selected from eight decades of high-seas adventures. Featuring over 400 pages of classic and modern tales such as “Aquaman Joins the Navy,” “The Legend of Aquaman,” and “The Trench”—plus historical commentary from former Aquaman writers and editors Mark Waid, Paul Kupperberg, Robert Greenberger, and Paul Levitz—this edition is the perfect companion piece to the upcoming motion picture Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom!

AQUAMAN: ANDROMEDA OHC
    Written by RAM V
    Art and cover by CHRISTIAN WARD
    $29.99 US | 168 pages | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-733-3
    ON SALE 2/21/23
    Deep in the Pacific Ocean sits Point Nemo: the spaceship graveyard. Nations of the world have long sent their crafts there on splashdown, to sink beneath the seas. But there is something…else at Point Nemo. A structure never made by human hands. And that structure seems to be…waking up. The crew of the submarine Andromeda have been chosen to investigate, but the mystery at the bottom of the sea has also attracted Black Manta. And anything that attracts Black Manta attracts his lifelong foe, the Aquaman! But heaven help them all when the doors of the mystery at Point Nemo swing wide to admit them in…

ABSOLUTE BATMAN: THREE JOKERS
    Written by GEOFF JOHNS
    Art and cover by JASON FABOK
    $100.00 US | 248 pages | 8 1/8" x 12 1/4"
    Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77952-182-8
    ON SALE 5/23/23
    Batman doesn’t understand how or why, but the fact is certain: the man he has spent a lifetime chasing isn’t one man at all. There are three Jokers. Now that he knows the unbelievable truth, Bruce needs real answers. Joined by Barbara Gordon and Jason Todd, two former victims of The Joker’s brutality, the Dark Knight is finally on a path to defeat the madman once and for all. Every last one of him. Geoff Johns (Doomsday Clock, Batman: Earth One) and Jason Fabok (Justice League: The Darkseid War) reunite to present one of the most overwhelming comics events in years. Collects Batman: Three Jokers issues #1-3 in the stunning Absolute Edition format.

MILESTONE COMPENDIUM TWO TPB
    Written by DWAYNE McDUFFIE, ROBERT L. WASHINGTON III, LOUISE SIMONSON, and others
    Art by CHRISCROSS, DENYS COWAN, JOHN PAUL LEON, M.D. BRIGHT, and others
    Cover by DENYS COWAN
    $59.99 US | 1,320 pages | 6 5/8" x 10 3/16" | Softcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-495-0
    ON SALE 1/31/23
    Worlds collide when the characters of Milestone meet Superman, Superboy, and Steel from the DC Universe! Will their combined efforts be powerful enough to defeat a force that threatens to destroy both of their realities? Find out in Milestone Compendium Two, collecting Blood Syndicate #13-23, Hardware #13-21, Icon #11-21, Shadow Cabinet #1-4, Static #9-20, Superboy #6-7, Superman: The Man of Steel #35-36, Steel #6-7, and Worlds Collide #1.

Poor John Ostrander, huh? At least his brief run on Catwoman is available in the No Man’s Land collections.
    I'm happy at least I got his whole Suicide Squad run collected. However, his Spectre really deserves to be completed, and one more TPB would have completed his Martian Manhunter.