View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1428 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 4289281328137814181424142514261427142814291430143114321438 ... LastLast
Results 21,406 to 21,420 of 21671
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Firstly, Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vols 1-7 is just one half of the Post-COIE Batman TPB series, with the other half being Batman: The Caped Crusader Vols 1-6. One focuses on the title Detective Comics (Dark Knight Detective) and the other on the title Batman (Caped Crusader).

They are definitely worth owning for any serious Batman comics fan, but (just FYI) they omit Batman Year One, The Killing Joke, Batman Son of the Demon and stuff like that (often various Batman graphic novels, or 3rd or 4th tier Batman titles like Legends of the Dark Knight or Shadow of the Bat), with some of those omissions being core key Post-COIE Batman stuff. (Note: these omissions make perfect sense since the limited goal was only to capture the Post-COIE Batman comics of the two main serial titles of Detective Comics and Batman)
    Hm, okay. Thanks for the answer.

I yet have to find the best reading order for the Batman Universe

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I yet have to find the best reading order for the Batman Universe
    Well, it's a complicated beast (when you have any superhero with 2/more main titles), a mixture of
    a) simple publication order (which covers most of the proper reading order IMHO) and
    b) knowing when issues are part of story arcs (for example: Batman #448, Detective Comics #615, and Batman #449 is one story called "The Penguin Affair") and
    c) knowing some continuity points (this issue #B actually mentions that its events occur before this other issue #A, etc).

For the publication order end of it (which is best used for the Dark Knight Det & Caped Crusader volumes), you use this online resource (the newsstand function on Mike's Amazing World of Comics): http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mik.../newsstand.php (Mike's Amazing is useful on so many aspects of helping with Batman reading order)

My personal rule is this (regarding publication order): If the first issue of Story/Arc A was released/published before the first issue of another arc (Story/Arc B), then read/place Story A (Det #X-X) before Story B (Batman #X-X).

(I custom bound into hardcovers a lot of Post-COIE Batman, I incorporated the Detective/Caped Crusader volumes with graphic novels (like Killing Joke, Son of the Demon) and other things, and it wasn't so difficult as one would think to see the Batman Post-COIE reading order clear enough, it took some time I admit and a Word document to record it all in)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-15-2023 at 11:39 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Incredible Member

Amazon has put up the Green Lantern Corp by Tomasi and Gleason Omnibus! https://a.co/d/243MWIF interesting that the cover lists it as Volume 1.

Definitely the Carey/Gross compendium.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

That GL Corps contents definitely suggests to me we'll see a Guy Gardner themed OHC or omni sometime in the near future - the missing GLC issues, Emerald Warriors, and Red Lantern (New 52), maybe?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Amazon has put up the Green Lantern Corp by Tomasi and Gleason Omnibus! https://a.co/d/243MWIF interesting that the cover lists it as Volume 1.
    I'm not much of a Tomasi fan, except for this run, so I'm happy. Tomasi's best work by far. Well deserved Omni.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-17-2023 at 09:48 AM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

So happy that Sandman Mystery Theater is (hopefully) finally getting fully collected.
    Its one of the last remaining Vertigo titles I always wanted but never read. I just bought and read the first Mystery Theater issue and know its going to be a great, and unique ride.

Shame books like this are so rare in today's comics. I know Image is supposed to be the new Vertigo - but theyve been slipping compared to the consistent quality of the Vertigo of old.
    Currently Reading:
    Milligan's Shade the Changing Man, Vertigo Hellblazer trades, Love and Rockets TPBs, Stray Bullets TPBs, Ellis' The Wildstorm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Well, it's a complicated beast (when you have any superhero with 2/more main titles), a mixture of
    a) simple publication order (which covers most of the proper reading order IMHO) and
    b) knowing when issues are part of story arcs (for example: Batman #448, Detective Comics #615, and Batman #449 is one story called "The Penguin Affair") and
    c) knowing some continuity points (this issue #B actually mentions that its events occur before this other issue #A, etc).

For the publication order end of it (which is best used for the Dark Knight Det & Caped Crusader volumes), you use this online resource (the newsstand function on Mike's Amazing World of Comics): http://www.mikesamazingworld.com/mik.../newsstand.php (Mike's Amazing is useful on so many aspects of helping with Batman reading order)

My personal rule is this (regarding publication order): If the first issue of Story/Arc A was released/published before the first issue of another arc (Story/Arc B), then read/place Story A (Det #X-X) before Story B (Batman #X-X).

(I custom bound into hardcovers a lot of Post-COIE Batman, I incorporated the Detective/Caped Crusader volumes with graphic novels (like Killing Joke, Son of the Demon) and other things, and it wasn't so difficult as one would think to see the Batman Post-COIE reading order clear enough, it took some time I admit and a Word document to record it all in)
    Thanks for your effort, I will take a look at the site.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Thanks for your effort, I will take a look at the site.
    It should be noted that these Dark Knight Detective and Caped Crusader (very mostly) keep story arc issues together, so, for example, if there a crossover title story like Penguin Affair (Batman #448, Detective Comics #615, and Batman #449), then Batman: The Caped Crusader Vol. 3 has all 3 issues (despite Caped Crusader volumes focusing on Batman and not Detective Comics..so Tec (Detective) #615 is like one of the very few Tec issues in the Caped Crusader volumes)

There's one arc in Caped Crusader Vol. 3 that is Batman #450-451 (a Joker story)...now, Detective Comics #617 is I think in many people's opinion clearly Part 2 of this arc (and published in between 450 & 451), but alas DC chose to not collect it that way and instead put Detective #617 in Batman: The Dark Knight Detective Vol. 5. So this is a mistake IMHO (though amazingly and unusually a really harmless minor one, because it just so happens that Batman #450-451 make perfect sense without Det #617 and #617 is just a nice interlude in between 450 & 451).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-27-2023 at 06:01 AM.

With the latest Birds of Prey trade release....as anyone heard of a new solicitation for the skipped trade of Simone's run? The second to last of her run, I believe

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

May 2023 Oversized Collected Editions Solicitations:

THE SANDMAN: MORPHEUS HELM MASTERPIECE EDITION

$500.00 US | 2,872 pages | Hardcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-351-8
    Direct Market Edition ISBN: 978-1-77952-420-1
    ON SALE 11/14/23
    New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman’s comics masterpiece, The Sandman, is regarded as one of the greatest graphic novels of all time. It has won numerous literary awards, been adapted into an Audible audio drama, and most recently premiered as a highly acclaimed Netflix live-action show. This highly imaginative and thought-provoking series has endeared itself to fantasy and comics fans worldwide. Now you can own a piece of the Dreaming in the waking world with this Masterpiece Edition book set, comprising six exclusive leather-bound, foil-embossed hardcovers and a custom sculpted book stand resembling Morpheus’s helm.
    These six volumes collect stories from the entire Sandman saga—including The Sandman #1-75, the comics and prose editions of The Sandman: The Dream Hunters, The Sandman: Endless Nights, and The Sandman: Overture. They are designed to fit perfectly in the intricately carved book stand that features a highly detailed bone snout and riveted exterior. Also included is a set of art prints from legendary illustrator Michael Wm. Kaluta and an original piece of epistolary fiction from the world of The Sandman--written by Neil Gaiman himself, and exclusive to this set!
    The Masterpiece Edition book set and stand is the perfect way to display these treasured DC volumes and is the ultimate gift for fans of The Sandman.

SWAMP THING: GREEN HELL OHC
    Written by JEFF LEMIRE
    Art and cover by DOUG MAHNKE
    $29.99 US | 152 pages | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-723-4
    ON SALE 8/1/23
    The Earth is all but done. The last remnants of humanity cling to a mountaintop island lost in endless floodwater. The parliaments of the Green, the Red, and the Rot have united their powers to summon an avatar—a horrific, humanity-killing monster who could only be stopped by Alec Holland. Shame he’s been dead for decades…Collects the complete miniseries Swamp Thing: Green Hell #1-3.

SUICIDE SQUAD: GET JOKER! OHC
    Written by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    $24.99 US | 160 pages | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8" |
    SoftcoverISBN: 978-1-77952-019-7
    ON SALE 7/11/23
    When Amanda Waller sets her sights on Batman’s greatest foe, The Joker, she enlists former Robin—and former Joker murder victim—Jason Todd to track him down and end his mad reign of terror. But The Joker has plans of his own…including taking full, murderous control of the Squad itself, and forcing Jason to confront a horrific truth about his own resurrection! Collects the complete miniseries Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #1-3.

BATMAN - ONE BAD DAY BOX SET
    $159.99 US | 800 pages | Hardcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-404-1
    ON SALE 8/15/23
    The Riddler. Two-Face. The Penguin. Mr. Freeze. Catwoman. Bane. Clayface. Ra’s al Ghul. Each villain has their reasons for opposing the Caped Crusader. But were they victims of circumstance who were pushed over the edge, or were they always drawn to darkness? This complete box set contains all eight Batman - One Bad Day hardcovers plus a special edition of Batman: The Killing Joke by Alan Moore and Brian Bolland featuring the original colors by John Higgins.

SUPERMAN: CAMELOT FALLS: THE DELUXE EDITION OHC
    Written by KURT BUSIEK
    Art and cover by CARLOS PACHECO and JESUS MERINO
    $39.99 US | 256 pages | 7 1/6" x 10 7/8" | Hardcover | ISBN: 978-1-77952-409-6
    ON SALE 6/13/23
    Kurt Busiek (Astro City), Carlos Pacheco (Superman/Batman), and Jesús Merino’s (Action Comics) legendary Superman run returns to print in deluxe format. All seems well in Superman’s world: he’s happily married, Intergang is on the run, and Metropolis stands as a shining example of a modern-day Camelot. But not even the Man of Steel may be powerful enough to avert disaster when an ancient sorcerer prophesizes that Camelot will fall! This volume collects Superman #654-658, #662-664, #667, and Superman Annual #13 and features a brand-new introduction from Busiek!