View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 143 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 43931331391401411421431441451461471531932436431143 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Not all of Bruce Wayne Murderer? was written by Rucka, there were about 4 other authors also writing certain issues. I remember reading the best issues were those by Rucka and Brubaker and the rest being kind of meh.
    I know but the birdman story was written by Rucka and I think there was another very unimpressive one which was written by Brubaker.
    I don't want to sound too negative, I like both writers and I was really interested in this trade because of them but I was dissapointed at the end.

Ah thanks a lot! I really hate that the Brubaker and Rucka runs aren't even collected in small tpb's, not even that very critically acclaimed Detective Comics story by Brubaker (you know, that one that ran at the same time as Hush). So I guess I need to read No Man's land soon then, it seems kind of fun but I tend to stay away from those extremely long events, but I'll definitely give it a shot!
    Unnf, Dead Reckoning, right? I'd give blood for that. Such a great story.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Unnf, Dead Reckoning, right? I'd give blood for that. Such a great story.
    Yes, that one! It came out before I started collecting Batman floppies and getting older floppies is practically impossible here for a good price and I really want to have that comic on the shelves.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    Honestly, at this point in the game, I'd probably rather they do a couple Absolute Editions of Batman and Son with The Black Glove and R.I.P (and the "lost chapters") with Return of Bruce Wayne, for uniformity's sake (since they've already got Final Crisis, Batman & Robin, and, now, Inc.). Then, maybe, like with Sandman, just release a couple of giant sized "Batman by Grant Morrison" Omnibi for those who'd prefer that format.
    How many pages is (issues written by him) Morrison's Batman?

Would be cool if collected if RIP got collected with the lost chapters and Return of Bruce Wayne.

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    How many pages is (issues written by him) Morrison's Batman?

Would be cool if collected if RIP got collected with the lost chapters and Return of Bruce Wayne.
    I think it is around 1700 pages or more + I would include Final Crisis too, because I think it's quite essential, but if they ever make a Morrison Batman omni, they will probably leave it out or just include parts of it (and it will be a mess, just like the John Teen Titans omni).

Quote Originally Posted by kdjac0434 View Post
    Diamond what issue/collection is that page from? I love that style.
    It's from Detective Comics #742. Sadly, I don't if it's been collected in any form.

And yeah, I love that style too. Between Martinbrough pencils and the color palette, every issue is visually stunning. A shame that DC has never let their colorists go wild like this again. Serioulsy, the coloring on Martinbrough's pencils is awesome! Every story had a different color palette with its own patterns, but it never got in the way of the art.

By the way, I think the artist on that book is now working on an Image comic. Thief of Thieves, maybe?

Seen as we are getting a lot of Morrison's batman in absolute format.

Final crisis ( I include this as it collects a couple of batman issues)
    Batman and robin
    Batman incorporated.

How would you guys map the remainder that's not collected in absolute.

I would personally just release the black glove OHC as one

Rip OHC as the next

Then I'd have time and the batman and the return of Bruce Wayne as another.

What would you guys say?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Seen as we are getting a lot of Morrison's batman in absolute format.

Final crisis ( I include this as it collects a couple of batman issues)
    Batman and robin
    Batman incorporated.

How would you guys map the remainder that's not collected in absolute.

I would personally just release the black glove OHC as one

Rip OHC as the next

Then I'd have time and the batman and the return of Bruce Wayne as another.

What would you guys say?
    Since Batman Inc. is going to be a huge Absolute, you could collect Batman & Son, the Black Glove and RIP in just one book, since those stories comprise the first stage of Morrison's Batman run. And the book will actually end up having less pages than the Batman Inc. Absolute Edition.

And I guess you could then collect the Return of Bruce Wayne and Time and the Batman in another Absolute which will end up looking quite thin compared to the other Batman Absolute Editions. The ideal thing, to me, would have been to have the Return of Bruce Wayne collected in the same book as Batman and Robin.

If DC would do a Batman omnibus, what run (except Morrison's) would you like to be omni'ed?
    I'd like a Synder collection (including his pre-52 Detective stuff), definitely Rucka, and maybe even a Loeb book that collects his stuff with Sale, Lee and Superman (yes I know it's in Absolute form, but not too keen to spend the coin that way).

Knightsend, which featured the return of Bruce Wayne was kick ass, and still stands the test of time, so that would be cool.

Chuck Dixon wrote some great stories.

In addition, there's some exccellent reads from issue 300-400.

Feasibly, you could make a small Frank Miller omnibus (not sure why DC hasn't milked this one yet) and then collect the other stuff that followed, including the Byrne stuff and the stories that followed. (I'm referring to issues 409 and up)

One of my beefs with the way DC (and Marvel) collect these books is that all too often they focus only on creators. I say that because, quite frankly, I'd buy issues 300-500 in omnibus form. Even through 600.

One last note, I think there also might be enough to collect a Matt Wagner Batman omnibus, which would include a number of the character's limited series (as well as the Trinity team-up) and his Legends of the Dark Knight arcs. I think there might be enough there for at least a small collection. Also, since Wagner owns Grendel, maybe DC could include those, too, to fill it out.

Further, I don't think you can forget work by Alan Grant, but as I recall that would be dipping into Detective books and I don't have all night.

There's a lot that can get collected.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Since Batman Inc. is going to be a huge Absolute, you could collect Batman & Son, the Black Glove and RIP in just one book, since those stories comprise the first stage of Morrison's Batman run. And the book will actually end up having less pages than the Batman Inc. Absolute Edition.

And I guess you could then collect the Return of Bruce Wayne and Time and the Batman in another Absolute which will end up looking quite thin compared to the other Batman Absolute Editions. The ideal thing, to me, would have been to have the Return of Bruce Wayne collected in the same book as Batman and Robin.
    "Time and the Batman" was only issue #700, correct? I'd probably think you could make a considerable Absolute Edition out of "Batman & Son," and "The Black Glove," taking into consideration the bonus content, and so forth. I'd probably do that, then pair "R.I.P" with "The Lost Chapters," the aforementioned "Time and the Batman," and "The Return of Bruce Wayne." The latter would definitely make for a chunkier HC, but I feel they could probably pull it off.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'd like a Synder collection (including his pre-52 Detective stuff), definitely Rucka, and maybe even a Loeb book that collects his stuff with Sale, Lee and Superman (yes I know it's in Absolute form, but not too keen to spend the coin that way).

Knightsend, which featured the return of Bruce Wayne was kick ass, and still stands the test of time, so that would be cool.

Chuck Dixon wrote some great stories.

In addition, there's some exccellent reads from issue 300-400.

Feasibly, you could make a small Frank Miller omnibus (not sure why DC hasn't milked this one yet) and then collect the other stuff that followed, including the Byrne stuff and the stories that followed. (I'm referring to issues 409 and up)

One of my beefs with the way DC (and Marvel) collect these books is that all too often they focus only on creators. I say that because, quite frankly, I'd buy issues 300-500 in omnibus form. Even through 600.

One last note, I think there also might be enough to collect a Matt Wagner Batman omnibus, which would include a number of the character's limited series (as well as the Trinity team-up) and his Legends of the Dark Knight arcs. I think there might be enough there for at least a small collection. Also, since Wagner owns Grendel, maybe DC could include those, too, to fill it out.

Further, I don't think you can forget work by Alan Grant, but as I recall that would be dipping into Detective books and I don't have all night.

There's a lot that can get collected.
    Ideally, I'd like to get a "Gotham Central" Omnibus, as well as a "Batman: The Golden Age" Omnibus to accompany what they're doing with Superman, and the Justice League of America. After that, I'd probably have to go with the Dennis O'neil and Neal Adams stuff. Though, in a perfect world, they'd release one to two of those "Golden Age" Omnibi every year, until they reached the Silver Age, and just continue on, chronologically, from there.

Quote Originally Posted by batfan08 View Post
    "Time and the Batman" was only issue #700, correct? I'd probably think you could make a considerable Absolute Edition out of "Batman & Son," and "The Black Glove," taking into consideration the bonus content, and so forth. I'd probably do that, then pair "R.I.P" with "The Lost Chapters," the aforementioned "Time and the Batman," and "The Return of Bruce Wayne." The latter would definitely make for a chunkier HC, but I feel they could probably pull it off.
    By Time and the Batman I actually meant the HC that collects #700-702. Personally, I like big books, that's why I'd collect Batman & Son, The Black Glove and RIP in the same book. Plus, that's the first stage of Morrison's run.

Then again, I have to admit that putting RIP, the Lost Chapters and the Return of Bruce of Wayne in the same book also makes a lot of sense. It would be something like "The Death and Return of Batman".

What's perfectly clear is that we'd need two new Absolutes to finish "absolutizing" Morrison's Batman run.

Incredible Member

The Batman: Arkham Asylum 25th Anniversary deluxe is being released November 11th. I can't remember if that was known already, but Amazon.com sent me an email about it this morning so *shrug*.

If the Morrison issues of The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul were included in these absolutes, that would make two healthy looking books. Don't know how relevant those issues are and where are they taking place, but it could look like this: Black glove (around 380 pages minus the preview pages of RIP that were in the deluxe, so it is around 370) + RIP (which is 140 pages I think. The deluce is around 200 pages but the two FC issues are already in the FC Absolute) so that's 510 pages (+ extras).
    Then Time and the Batman (which is 160 pages) + The Return of Bruce Wayne which is 232 pages + The Morrison issues of the Resurrection of Ra's which is 4 issues, so around 100 pages (including extras?) so that would be Around 500 pages.

I really hate double-dipping but if they start putting Morrison's regular Batman in absolute, I am buying it. Some of it was okay but I liked most of it a lot.
    Co-host of Get Valiant, a Valiant Comics podcast.

Incredible Member

Right. Absolute Batman and Robin is "my precious".

Anyone pick up Court of Owls unwrapped?