View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 145 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 45951351411421431441451461471481491551952456451145 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 21674
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Batman Noir: The Long Halloween HC has jumped in price from $34.99 to $49.99. However, for those of you interested (I'm not, as I'm pretty happy with my Absolute), it's still at a preorder price of $26.44 on amazon.com and £17.67 on amazon.co.uk

Does anyone know if this is an oversized book?

http://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/ta...n-wein-hc.html

Tales of the batman by Len Wein HC

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

Probably not since Tales of the Batman by Carmine Infantino is regular sized
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post

I think non of these books, focused on creators, are oversized (I saw an Apparo one, it wasn't and the Moench-Jones is standard too).

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Probably not since Tales of the Batman by Carmine Infantino is regular sized
    Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I think non of these books, focused on creators, are oversized (I saw an Apparo one, it wasn't and the Moench-Jones is standard too).

OK, thanks guys. That makes sense. I forgot about the Moench-Jones book. Freaking disappointing that they can't put them in OHC.

According to Amazon, product dimensions are: 8.3 x 5.9 x 0.9 inches. Don't know what size that is.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    According to Amazon, product dimensions are: 8.3 x 5.9 x 0.9 inches. Don't know what size that is.
    That's wrong. That would be about manga sized
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    That's wrong. That would be about manga sized
    yupp, it has to be wrong. An inch is 2,54 centimetres so 8,3 inches are just 21 cm.

yupp, it has to be wrong. An inch is 2,54 centimetres so 8,3 inches are just 21 cm.
    And people told me I would never learn anything useful in the Internet.

Yep, all of the 'Tales of the Batman' / 'Legends of the Dark Knight' books are definitely standard-sized.

What are your guys opinions on the JSA Deluxe editions (Johns & Ross) both story and quality wise? Never read the series but I love Ross's art.
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    What are your guys opinions on the JSA Deluxe editions (Johns & Ross) both story and quality wise? Never read the series but I love Ross's art.
    Do you mean the Geoff Johns Justice society standard hc-s with the Alex Ross covers or the Alex Ross series: Justice ? (I think that series got released in deluxes)

Do you mean the Geoff Johns Justice society standard hc-s with the Alex Ross covers or the Alex Ross series: Justice ? (I think that series got released in deluxes)
    The Geoff Johns Justice Society ones! (http://www.cheap-comics.com/kingdom-...stie66o833g5u2)
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Hey guys,

Batman is my favorite comic book character but most of my collection is non-batman Omnibus, hardcovers and other books (due to price, quality and sewn bindings) I don't understand why DC can't put more of his stuff into OHC format. I realize they have some Batman stuff collected in Absolute's (price point for amount of content is too steep for me) but otherwise they collect a bunch of batman in standard size Hardcovers, why!?!?! I picked up the Doug Moench, Kelley Jones Volume 1 and based on the price I figured it would have been OHC size, but nope. I have been looking at the Tales of the Batman Len Wein and JH Williams III but as people above have mentioned, nope, standard size. Which doesn't even make sense as they cost just as much on chapters here in Canada as Solo Deluxe which is oversized.

Further, why is Scott Synder's run only being collected in small little hardcover collections of 7 issues? This is their flagship title and they cant be bothered to release a nicer OHC package for them (ahem Marvel)? I guess they will probably release some absolutes or hopefully a reasonably priced omnibus(s) but who knows.

I love Batman, but I hate how DC collects his content. This may sound weird, but I wish Batman was a Dark Horse owned property, or Marvel so I could collect my favourite comic book character stories in oversized, sewn binding collections that didn't cost 70 bucks (or 800+ page $70 omnibuses with sewn bindings). Wouldn't Batman Library editions be awesome (lol) or I don't know, maybe some more content collected in omnibus format (I realize they do have one coming now). I love Batman but really hate the hardcover treatment he gets from DC (small, standard sized, glued binding hardcovers that cost as much than oversized, sewn binding hardcovers from other publishers).
    Last edited by Imperator; 10-03-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    The Geoff Johns Justice Society ones! (http://www.cheap-comics.com/kingdom-...stie66o833g5u2)
    Yeah, it's not a deluxe, just a standard hc and only the covers are made by Ross (and a few pages at the end of the Thy kingdom come storyline).
    The story is good, it's the direct continuation of Johns' JSA series but after Johns leaves the series it goes downhill pretty fast (Guggenheim!!! *fist shaking*). Qualitywise it's your standard DC "premier" hc (I had the first one and IIRC the cover was faux leather not the current black crapboard).
    But I bet it's gonna be collected in an omnibus after the JSA ones are done.