View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 148 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 48981381441451461471481491501511521581982486481148 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    This is the way I feel about most Omnibus and other huge editions, but this page count is actually ideal for me for modern comics. (no way I buy hardcovers with more than 600 pages anymore)
    It will depend on the paper they choose to use though.

Also, I really love Y the Last Man, among the best modern comic I've read so far.

I think I will "upgrade", but I will await the review on the production quality before I buy it. DC is too un-predictable.
    I learned this the hard way yesterday with DC . Its not specifically a hardcover collection but the 75 anniversary slipcase batman paperback 3 set: http://www.amazon.com/Batman-75th-An.../dp/140125280X I should have read this guy's review first before jumping the gun, I have now learned my lesson well with DC. But yea basically they used some heavily recycled paperstock that just looks cheap, and the binding is super tight. Probably better for the environment, but terrible for an anniversary collected set of Batman, lol.

However on the plus side, I can return it to Chapters for a full refund, and I also received Big Damn Sin City which i only paid 55 bucks for on Amazon.ca and its incredible (paper quality, the binding). Dark Horse does collected editions/omnibuses right.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Inspired by the Flash pilot (which I thought was great), wouldn't it be great if we got a Flash by Johns Omni Vol 4 collecting his Barry Allen stuff? Could go from Rebirth to Flashpoint.
    Honestly, I think what we'd all like most is a set of Waid Flash omnis, but DC seems unwilling to collect any Waid in prestige-format (except Kingdom Come). Also it'd be great to see a Millar / Morrison Flash OHC. Ah, to dream.
    Last edited by The_Dark_Knight; 10-09-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Inspired by the Flash pilot (which I thought was great), wouldn't it be great if we got a Flash by Johns Omni Vol 4 collecting his Barry Allen stuff? Could go from Rebirth to Flashpoint.
    Honestly, I think what we'd all like most is a set of Waid Flash omnis, but DC seems unwilling to collect any Waid in prestige-format (except Kingdom Come). Also it'd be great to see a Millar / Morrison Flash OHC. Ah, to dream.
    I've been saying this since Flashpoint ended. I don't care if they call it Flash Vol. 4 or Flashpoint, but they should collect Rebirth, the Flash series, Flashpoint and then the Flashpoint mini-series. Heck it would still be a smaller book than Infinite Crisis.

And yes, to your idea about Waid collections, too!

Incredible Member

Made my Amazon.ca pre order for JSA Omnibus Volume 3! Didn't realize it was up yet. Is anybody else under the thought that maybe all these ridiculous price increases are to try and get as much money as they can from The online preorders that cut nearly 50% off the standard prices? I mean, Canadian prices on these books are insane. I would never pay $144 for a book. No matter what it contained.

Incredible Member

Finished Zero Year. I gotta say, Snyder and Capullo were fantastic here. I loved it. Might be better than Court of Owls. Snyder usually fumbles the ending, but I didn't think it was so bad this time. Definitely better than the Death of the Family.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    As much as I love Manapul's art and John's previous Flash, that run was a bit lackluster. but I'm very very interested in Waid's Flash.
    Also I would love to see the Morrison/Millar stuff back in print in some form but...well, it pains me to say it, but yesterday I finished their Aztek the Ultimate man tpb and it was...very dull and uninteresting First Morrison book that I didn't like. Hope their Flash is better.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Finished Zero Year. I gotta say, Snyder and Capullo were fantastic here. I loved it. Might be better than Court of Owls. Snyder usually fumbles the ending, but I didn't think it was so bad this time. Definitely better than the Death of the Family.
    Agreed that Snyder is not good with endings. Maybe a reread will help but what the hell was up with the ending of The Wake?

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    The Y: The Last Man Absolute's are just WAY to expensive for someone like me. One Absolute would cost almost as much as all 5 Deluxe Volumes. Of course, this is based on basic math and assumption on number of Absolute's in total and estimated price.
    While I think you're right, I also believe this complaint is years late. I mean, people should have started complaining about Absolute prices when DC started charging $100 for 350-page books, which was years ago.

After all this time, a 500-page Absolute Edition for $125 cover price is pretty reasonable.
    Last edited by JohnHorus; 10-10-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    While I think you're right, I also believe this complaint is years late. I mean, people should have started complaining about Absolute prices when DC started charging $100 for 350-page books, which was years ago.

After all this time, a 500-page Absolute Edition for $125 cover price is pretty reasonable.
    I'm pretty new to this so I'm speaking out of ignorance, but I imagine for some people it could be "Deluxe" editions becoming more prominent. Sometimes people don't realize the option for a middle ground exists until it's there. I do agree that 500 pages for $125 MSRP is somewhat reasonable. Though, I am curios how Dark Horse would price it in comparison. Still, my perfect book would be deluxe, sewn (if needed), no dustcover, reasonable cost per page and extras of course.

Nothing wrong with wanting an Absolute if you can afford it. I just wish publishers would be kind enough to always offer the deluxe middle ground.

Spectacular Member

I am a little torn on the Y, The Last Man absolutes. I have the hardcover reprints (and for that matter the paperbacks before them and many of the issues in floppy). Preacher,and Y battle to be my favorite series of all time. However, this would be quadruple dipping for me. I love the absolute when appropriate, but I don't remember the art being the key part of the success Y the Last Man (with all due respect to Pia Guerra).

Knowing me and my compulsion, I'll end up buying it. Probably around the third volume and I will have to pay triple for earlier volumes on ebay.
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    I am a little torn on the Y, The Last Man absolutes. I have the hardcover reprints (and for that matter the paperbacks before them and many of the issues in floppy). Preacher,and Y battle to be my favorite series of all time. However, this would be quadruple dipping for me. I love the absolute when appropriate, but I don't remember the art being the key part of the success Y the Last Man (with all due respect to Pia Guerra).

Knowing me and my compulsion, I'll end up buying it. Probably around the third volume and I will have to pay triple for earlier volumes on ebay.
    Why not sell the HCs and tpbs to fund the absolutes?

If I ever continue to read Y, I just hope the deluxe editions will still be around.

Question for the Morrison Bat collectors...I read his run digitally all the way until Final Crisis ended, how should I go about collecting the rest? I know they have an absolute for Batman & Robin and another upcoming one for Batman Inc. Should I cop these two first and wait it out for everything else to be collected in the same format? Or should I just go ahead and buy the rest in HC? I know the Return of Bruce Wayne has a deluxe, along with Batman RIP, Black Glove, but Time & the Batman(?) is only standard trim as far as I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    If I ever continue to read Y, I just hope the deluxe editions will still be around.

Question for the Morrison Bat collectors...I read his run digitally all the way until Final Crisis ended, how should I go about collecting the rest? I know they have an absolute for Batman & Robin and another upcoming one for Batman Inc. Should I cop these two first and wait it out for everything else to be collected in the same format? Or should I just go ahead and buy the rest in HC? I know the Return of Bruce Wayne has a deluxe, along with Batman RIP, Black Glove, but Time & the Batman(?) is only standard trim as far as I'm aware of.
    We can't be sure wehter there will be more absolutes or not so it depends how much do you want to read the material right now. Because The return of BW and Batman and Robin ran paralell and complimented each other and in trade form (or in hc-s or wathever) you should read the return of BW between B&R vol2 and 3.
    I guess you could read only B&R and the return later but I think the best way is to read these as they were intended, for full effect.
    Time and the Batman is an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post

I went with OHC and Absolutes where I could (except for Time & The Batman). Be warned, if you have OCD, then the OHCs next to each other o a shelf look like crap

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I went with OHC and Absolutes where I could (except for Time & The Batman). Be warned, if you have OCD, then the OHCs next to each other o a shelf look like crap
    I like them, they are a colorful bunch. I just need the 2 new52 INC hc-s and Time and the Batman. Still a more consinstent looking shelf then one with ohc-s, regular hc-s and then absolutes.

Incredible Member

Speedyhen just cancelled my Flash Omnibus preorder and it was a good £6 or £7 cheaper than I can find it anywhere else
    Last edited by drd; 10-11-2014 at 08:02 AM.