View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 149 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 49991391451461471481491501511521531591992496491149 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 21672
    Spectacular Member

Push come to shove, I prefer a good oversized deluxe to an absolute for most books. But I got some sort of weird pathology that I end up buying the absolutes anyway. I'm thinking about therapy.

--I wish DC would get more aggressive in their reprinting. So many stories from the 80's and 90's aren't collected and Silver Age Superman has to get some play some day.
    trying to be nicer

I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but DC has removed a few issues from JSA Omnibus Vol 2 (according to the Amazon UK listing). Originally solicited as #26 - 81, it's now #26 -75. The new full listing is: JSA #26-75, JSA ANNUAL #1, JSA SECRET FILES AND ORIGINS #2 and HAWKMAN #23-25.

I was expecting this when Vol 3 was solicited as starting with #76. Some of the issues removed were by another writer, so it's not a big deal to move them to Vol 3. That said, part of me would have liked to have seen Johns' last 3 JSA issues included in Vol 2, just to make it a clean break so to speak.

Fantastic Member

Hi, does anybody know what's going on with the Bronze Age of DC Comics by Paul Levitz? This book has disappeared from Amazon and Taschen website

UPD: sorry I've found it on Amazon. 1 October of 2015? Oh.
    Last edited by Roland1580; 10-11-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Incredible Member

I dunno. I like Black and White books just as much as colored. I think in this case, Sale's work always looks best with deep shadows, and it looks nice here.

Incredible Member

That looks awesome. And wait what!!!!! Sewn binding that works?!?!? Hopefully this will be the case with more future releases.

Incredible Member

So The Long Halloween gets a sewn binding but Court of Owls unwrapped is stuck (he he he) with the glue.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

That is gorgeous. Never even thought I'd consider that book because I own the Absolute, but damn. Can't wait to see how DKR looks in the Noir release.

I don't really care as much for thr Unwrapped books, but this and the Risso Noir book (which I originally bought only because it's a convenient, all-in-one Azzarello bat-book) are very cool.

Fantastic Member

Great. Another line of books I must own. I'm gonna have to add on to the damn house.

Incredible Member

FYI: This book is not deluxe sized. It's bigger. It's closer to the size of the Fear Agent Library edition.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I dunno. I like Black and White books just as much as colored. I think in this case, Sale's work always looks best with deep shadows, and it looks nice here.
    The remarkable thing about this is there's an interview in the back of the absolute edition where Tim Sale talks about how difficult he found it having to ink his own work (it was the first time he'd ink'd his own work) on long halloween because they struggled to get an inker for the project. And it just looks so dam good.

Incredible Member

If the Dark Knight Returns Noir edition looks that well built, I'll definitely buy it, despite really enjoying the murky colors in the regular edition.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    If the Dark Knight Returns Noir edition looks that well built, I'll definitely buy it, despite really enjoying the murky colors in the regular edition.
    I enjoy the murky colors of the original too. It has its own charm.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Speedyhen just cancelled my Flash Omnibus preorder and it was a good £6 or £7 cheaper than I can find it anywhere else
    That was a nice price at £31.25. I received the same message from them, so I wrote them an email politely expressing my disappointment. I got the following reply.

"Im very sorry but your pre-order has now expired. We are only able to store payment details for 90 days maximum.*We have now updated our website so that the option is not available to pre-order prior to the 90 days. If you would still like the item then please order it again via our website once the function becomes available. If the item is more expensive please provide me with your new order number so that I can refund the difference."

If you're still interested write them an email and you should get the same response.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    FYI: This book is not deluxe sized. It's bigger. It's closer to the size of the Fear Agent Library edition.
    WOW, hopefully this is a trend moving forward for DC for Batman Books!! (Decent price, sewn binding, oversized). I also prefer the non-dustjacket style they are moving to. The dull black hardcovers DC puts out usually for all their hardcovers aren't very nice, I really like this one, the Volume 4 Batman Black and White and even Batman 66 Hardcover without the dustjacket.

I was going to get the Long Halloween Absolute for Christmas since I figured this edition would be standard size hardcover but now seeing those pics I am not sure which to get!
    Last edited by Imperator; 10-13-2014 at 08:03 AM.