View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 15 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925651155151015 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Does anyone here have the Justice League International HCs? What is the binding? Is there any supplemental material? Pics would be greatly appreciated.
    I actually just bought them. Only flipped through Vol. 1 so far. Didn't see supplements. Not oversized. It's actually made with the same 80s newsprint paper that my old trade and the original issues were made with. At first I was upset, but now I actually find it kind of endearing in a nostalgic way. But likely a turn-off for most people. If you already have the trades, you're only upgrading the cover.

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

For those in the UK (and Europe) Amazon UK have JSA Vol.1 back at under £60.

Quote Originally Posted by RedNave View Post
    For those in the UK (and Europe) Amazon UK have JSA Vol.1 back at under £60.
    Locked in at £42 here - bring it on

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Anyone else excited for the JSA omnibus to come out? Waiting for pictures and what not before I make the purchase though just to make sure everything is in order.

All-New Member

Has anyone got Batman vol 4 HC Zero Year-Secret City yet, I've seen it on amazon saying it contains issues 21-24, 0, and Annual 2, but everywhere else it says it's just 21-24, 4 issues seems really steep for 24.99, hopefully it's just an incorrect solicitation
    Last edited by at0mic punk; 05-07-2014 at 03:53 PM. Reason: spelling

The world needs bad men RedNave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by at0mic punk View Post
    Has anyone got Batman vol 4 HC Zero Year-Secret City yet, I've seen it on amazon saying it contains issues 21-24, 0, and Annual 2, but everywhere else it says it's just 21-24, 4 issues seems really steep for 24.99, hopefully it's just an incorrect solicitation
    It is wafer thin and only has 21-24.

Quote Originally Posted by at0mic punk View Post
    Pud33 just mentioned he got a copy recently. You can ask him here.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Anyone else excited for the JSA omnibus to come out? Waiting for pictures and what not before I make the purchase though just to make sure everything is in order.
    Can't wait. That's been a wish list book for a while, since I started reading after the relaunch as Justice Society Of America and was a huge fan. Already have the Hawkman omnibus ready to go after I'm done with Vol. 1. Best part is, Vol. 2 is coming out end of the year, so a short wait to finish the series.

Whaaat? 4 issues? That's even less then the Marvel NOW books.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Well, remember 24 was double sized, so technically it's five, but still. Very disappointing.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Well like Kurisu said 24 is double sized. And all of these issues also have backups also. I think it's better that this trade is only the zero year issues instead of having the clayface story and the other stories that are only tie ins.

Hello people! First post! It's nice to be here. Now... Quick question. Something that has been bothering me...

Does any one know if there will be more "classic" ASTRO CITY reprinted as hardcover? (Volume 2, the specials, ...)
    Volume 1 was just issued that way, but not Shinning Stars. Family Album is scheduled for reprint in September, but (as far as I know) paperback only - the hardback edition, scheduled for last month (according to Bookdepository*), got cancelled (according to Cheapgraphicnovels*). I don't know if the soft editions will be my only option or if I just have to wait (if that's the case, I'm ok with it. I was a Planetary reader: I'm a VERY patient person. )

(* By the way, it's really frustrating to come up with information about Astro City, that's why I mine anything Google points...)

Well like Kurisu said 24 is double sized. And all of these issues also have backups also. I think it's better that this trade is only the zero year issues instead of having the clayface story and the other stories that are only tie ins.
    I don't follow monthlies so I assumed it was just 4 regular issues. It's not as bad as I thought but I would still prefer the 6 or 7 issues they've been doing, even if they do cut an arc in half.

Thanks for the info.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Well, remember 24 was double sized, so technically it's five, but still. Very disappointing.
    It says Batman 21-24, and Batman Zero Year The Director's Cut #1.

I've already spent a fair amount this month to get my hands on the ASM2 omnibus and USM OHC's but that JSA omnibus is really tempting me at 53 percent off...
    If it was Marvel the decision would be easy, I'd just wait it out for a clearance, but this is DC we're talking about.
    Last edited by Thesanmich; 05-07-2014 at 10:55 PM.