View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 150 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 501001401461471481491501511521531541602002506501150 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 21672
    Amazing Member

Well, thanks, pud333. I had to order it. Those pics make it too had to pass up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
    WOW, hopefully this is a trend moving forward for DC for Batman Books!! (Decent price, sewn binding, oversized). I also prefer the non-dustjacket style they are moving to. The dull black hardcovers DC puts out usually for all their hardcovers aren't very nice, I really like this one, the Volume 4 Batman Black and White and even Batman 66 Hardcover without the dustjacket.

I was going to get the Long Halloween Absolute for Christmas since I figured this edition would be standard size hardcover but now seeing those pics I am not sure which to get!
    Yeah, I'm coming around to the no DJ look. One less thing to worry about. As for which one to get, my personal preference was this one because I just think Sale's work looks better like this. That said, I don't know if this will be a trend for DC. I think for TDKR, it will be deluxe sized. Even if they do it that way, I hope they do the sewn thing. So much better.

Quote Originally Posted by dern View Post
    Well, thanks, pud333. I had to order it. Those pics make it too had to pass up.
    It's okay. I'm sure you'll get me back soon. It's tough to visit these threads and not immediately go out and buy something!

BANNED

Nevermind.
    Last edited by Jeff Brady; 10-14-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That was a nice price at £31.25. I received the same message from them, so I wrote them an email politely expressing my disappointment. I got the following reply.

"Im very sorry but your pre-order has now expired. We are only able to store payment details for 90 days maximum.*We have now updated our website so that the option is not available to pre-order prior to the 90 days. If you would still like the item then please order it again via our website once the function becomes available. If the item is more expensive please provide me with your new order number so that I can refund the difference."

If you're still interested write them an email and you should get the same response.

I contacted them like you said and they've offered me the same thing of a partial refund back to the original pre-ordered price which is great news.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    FYI: This book is not deluxe sized. It's bigger. It's closer to the size of the Fear Agent Library edition.
    So it's bigger than a deluxe edition but smaller than an absolute?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Fear Agent is the same size as an Absolute without slipcase so I'd guess it's absolute sized.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    I contacted them like you said and they've offered me the same thing of a partial refund back to the original pre-ordered price which is great news.
    Good to hear

IST is having a weird sale... 50-60% on a select few DC books. I counted 16... Short enough to list.

Absolute Batman & Robin The Boy Wonder - 50% - 49.99
    Absolute Identity Crisis - 60% - $39.99
    Absolute Joker Luthor - 50% - $49.99
    Absolute Superman For Tomorrow - 60% - $30.00
    Batman Earth One HC - 50% - $11.49
    Batman Earth On TPB - 50% - $6.49
    Brightest Day Omnibus - 50% - $37.50
    DC New 52 Villains Omnibus - 50% - $75.00
    Flash Omnibus Volume 1 - 50% - $49.99
    Green Lantern Omnibus Volume 1 - 60% - $30.00
    Harlan Ellisons 7 Against Chaos HC - 60% - $9.99
    Harlan Ellisons 7 Against Chaos TPB - 60% - $6.79
    Justice League HC Volume 5 Forever Heroes - 50% - $11.49
    Legion Of Super Heroes The Curse TPB - 50% - $14.99
    Showcase Captain Carrot And His Amazing Zoo Crew TPB - 50% - $9.99
    Superman Files HC - 50% - $37.50

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    IST is having a weird sale... 50-60% on a select few DC books. I counted 16... Short enough to list.

Absolute Batman & Robin The Boy Wonder - 50% - 49.99
    Absolute Identity Crisis - 60% - $39.99
    Absolute Joker Luthor - 50% - $49.99
    Absolute Superman For Tomorrow - 60% - $30.00
    Batman Earth One HC - 50% - $11.49
    Batman Earth On TPB - 50% - $6.49
    Brightest Day Omnibus - 50% - $37.50
    DC New 52 Villains Omnibus - 50% - $75.00
    Flash Omnibus Volume 1 - 50% - $49.99
    Green Lantern Omnibus Volume 1 - 60% - $30.00
    Harlan Ellisons 7 Against Chaos HC - 60% - $9.99
    Harlan Ellisons 7 Against Chaos TPB - 60% - $6.79
    Justice League HC Volume 5 Forever Heroes - 50% - $11.49
    Legion Of Super Heroes The Curse TPB - 50% - $14.99
    Showcase Captain Carrot And His Amazing Zoo Crew TPB - 50% - $9.99
    Superman Files HC - 50% - $37.50
    How's the binding and overall packaging of the New 52 Villains omni? Anybody have any opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    How's the binding and overall packaging of the New 52 Villains omni? Anybody have any opinion?
    No hands on experience, but maybe these two youtube videos I found might help a little.

Link 1

Link 2 (Start at 5:45)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    Fear Agent is the same size as an Absolute without slipcase so I'd guess it's absolute sized.
    Unfortunately I don't have my absolutes or Fear Agent books to compare since they have been packed away for a move, but it feels very close to that size. Sorry I can't be more exact right now.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't have my absolutes or Fear Agent books to compare since they have been packed away for a move, but it feels very close to that size. Sorry I can't be more exact right now.
    I had a look at Noir in my LCS. It looks about half an inch taller than a deluxe (which is what the dimensions in the first post say as well), and it's only just a little wider than a deluxe. In terms of height, I'd say it's about halfway between a deluxe book and Dark Horse's Library Editions.

I intend to pick up the 2 Geoff Johns omnibus of Green lantern next year. To understand the story, do I need to buy the Brightest day omnibus? Is it a good, necessary event to read? How is the binding on this one? As it is back to 50% off I might grab it if its worth it

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I intend to pick up the 2 Geoff Johns omnibus of Green lantern next year. To understand the story, do I need to buy the Brightest day omnibus? Is it a good, necessary event to read? How is the binding on this one? As it is back to 50% off I might grab it if its worth it

Thanks!
    Use the Search Thread option. You'll get quite a few hits, because there's lots of conversation about it going as far back as July. I would post links, but there's too much to reference. Someone gives their impressions of the books quality in one of the posts. Good luck with the picture.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    I had a look at Noir in my LCS. It looks about half an inch taller than a deluxe (which is what the dimensions in the first post say as well), and it's only just a little wider than a deluxe. In terms of height, I'd say it's about halfway between a deluxe book and Dark Horse's Library Editions.
    I couldn't stand it any longer. For some reason it bothered me, so I went and dug up an Absolute. I couldn't get to Fear Agent because it was at the very bottom of the boxes and my girlfriend was already annoyed I was opening up packed boxes. So here it is with an Absolute, a copy of the newest Deluxe Fables, and a regular trade.