View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 151 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 511011411471481491501511521531541551612012516511151 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 21672
    Incredible Member

Haha, good work, Pud.

It's weird having a size of DC book in between Deluxe and Absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I couldn't stand it any longer. For some reason it bothered me, so I went and dug up an Absolute. I couldn't get to Fear Agent because it was at the very bottom of the boxes and my girlfriend was already annoyed I was opening up packed boxes. So here it is with an Absolute, a copy of the newest Deluxe Fables, and a regular trade.

Based on my measurements:

Top Ten Absolute = 12 7/8"
    Hellboy LE = 12 3/8"
    Long Halloween = 11 3/4"??
    Fables Deluxe = 11 1/4"

Fits in perfectly in the 1/2" increments.

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Based on my measurements:

Top Ten Absolute = 12 7/8"
    Hellboy LE = 12 3/8"
    Long Halloween = 11 3/4"??
    Fables Deluxe = 11 1/4"

Fits in perfectly in the 1/2" increments.
    Americans and your inches, feet and dozen other systems to measure length...

All kidding aside, it's pretty weird there's a new format out there. What should we call it? Noir-sized?

BTW, great job with those pictures pud333!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post

All kidding aside, it's pretty weird there's a new format out there. What should we call it? Noir-sized?

You have no idea my friend. The worst might be cooking. Actually, maybe it's dealing with tools....

So DC literally calls it a Noir Edition in it's solicit. DC Noir Edition makes sense.

(This landmark 14-issue epic is collected in a brand new noir edition that spotlights the artwork of Tim Sale, as the Dark Knight hunts a mysterious serial killer who strikes only on holidays. Includes appearances by Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, The Joker and many of Batman’s greatest foes!)

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    You have no idea my friend. The worst might be cooking. Actually, maybe it's dealing with tools....

So DC literally calls it a Noir Edition in it's solicit. DC Noir Edition makes sense.

(This landmark 14-issue epic is collected in a brand new noir edition that spotlights the artwork of Tim Sale, as the Dark Knight hunts a mysterious serial killer who strikes only on holidays. Includes appearances by Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Two-Face, The Joker and many of Batman’s greatest foes!)
    Too bad the previous Noir edition (by Eduardo Risso) was simply deluxe-sized. I bet some nitpicky collectors will be angry becuase of this.
    Last edited by JohnHorus; 10-16-2014 at 10:08 PM.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Too bad the previous Noir edition (by Eduardo Risso) was simply deluxe-sized. I bet some nitpicky collectors will be angry becuase of this.
    I wonder if the Dark Knight Returns Noir one will be this size or deluxe sized. I hope if this line continues this way they'll also release Dark Victory and Haunted Knight in this format
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Seems like A4. It would be nice if DC keep it up with this format.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I intend to pick up the 2 Geoff Johns omnibus of Green lantern next year. To understand the story, do I need to buy the Brightest day omnibus? Is it a good, necessary event to read? How is the binding on this one? As it is back to 50% off I might grab it if its worth it

Thanks!
    It's absolutely irrelevant.

Fantastic Member

Mostly because it happens after/spins out of second omnibus. It might be relevant to the third omni, but they could just include important BD bits (just select pages from about five issues) in the book as they were also by Johns.

Inch is simple, one inch is 2,54 centimeters.
    A foot is I think around 33 centimeters.
    Quite useful to remember these. Still don't know how to convert Fahrenheit to celsius though

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Inch is simple, one inch is 2,54 centimeters.
    A foot is I think around 33 centimeters.
    Quite useful to remember these. Still don't know how to convert Fahrenheit to celsius though
    You don't have to guess. Just multiply 2.54 x 12.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I wonder if the Dark Knight Returns Noir one will be this size or deluxe sized. I hope if this line continues this way they'll also release Dark Victory and Haunted Knight in this format
    Didn't DC release some Sandman black and white hardcovers some time back with annotations? What size are those and are they considered Noir editions?

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Didn't DC release some Sandman black and white hardcovers some time back with annotations? What size are those and are they considered Noir editions?
    Yeah, the Sandman Annotated hc's. They are annotated by soemone who has also done other annotated books so I don't think it's part of the Noir editions. Plus, they're 12 inch tall and 12 inches wide.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Found an oversized hand signed original sketch of this:
    image.jpg
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
    Haha, good work, Pud.

It's weird having a size of DC book in between Deluxe and Absolute.

No problem! Yeah, it's strange that this book has its own size. Will the Dark Knight Returns book be the same size? Some of the solicits I've seen seem to suggest a regular deluxe. Which is messed up. Hopefully they stay consistent with this size and quality of Noir book. It would suck to get TDKR as another DC mousetrap.