View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 152 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 521021421481491501511521531541551561622022526521152 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 21672
    Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Because it hasn't been done in a while (and these are always fun), my top 5 unannounced omniboo wish list (in no particular order):

1) Swamp Thing by Moore
    2) Flash by Waid
    3) Detective by Dini
    4) Flash vol 4 (the Barry Allen stuff) by Johns
    5) Green Arrow by Grell

Honorable mentions:

1) No Man's Land
    2) Action Comics by Morrison
    3) Seven Soldiers by Morrison
    4) Wonder Woman by Azzarello
    5) Aquaman by Johns

Wildstorm / Vertigo

1) Stormwatch by Ellis
    2) Ex Machina
    3) Fables
    4) Hellblazer
    5) Preacher

Yead I don't get why they haven't done nothing with Swamp Thing, this thing deserves special edition, two absoloutes maybe....

High hopes for Fables, it seems possible when they hit 150 issue. And Hellblazer! Hell yes, would like to read it, but I don't buy TPB's.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    5) Green Arrow by Grell
    I hate to complain (since DC isn't obligated to give us any reprints at all), but the the fact that they decided to start reprinting this material in the cheapest fashion possible is an absolute shame. While omni's would be ideal, I'd have settled for large (12-16 issue) trades on higher quality paper; maybe recolored/restored covers? Something like the new editions of Hellblazer would have been nice; that way we could have gotten all of Grell's run in 6-8 volumes in a relatively short period of time.

At the rate they're going, I'd be shocked if this line of cheap, skinny trades made it another 2 volumes...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Swamp Thing by Moore and JLI/JLA by Giffen and DeMatteis are my most wanted DC omniboo. Also: Birds of Prey by Simone (or bulky tpbs), Secret Six by Simone, Jonah Hex Gray/Palmiotti, Gotham Central, JLA by Morrison, Suicide Squad by Ostrander, The Question by Denny O'Neil, Aquamna by Johns, Wonder Woman by Azzarello, Flash by Waid and Superman by Byrne.

Non-omniboo collections:
    Batman by Grant/Breyfogle, Dixon/Nolan (same format as Batman by Moench and Jones), Paul Dini's 'Tec run, Aftershock/Road to NML TPB, new versions of Legacy and Contagion, Batgirl (Cassandra)

3) Fables
    I don't see any need for fables omniboo when deluxe editions are so good. It would just be the same thing but with more gutter loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Inch is simple, one inch is 2,54 centimeters.
    A foot is I think around 33 centimeters.
    Quite useful to remember these. Still don't know how to convert Fahrenheit to celsius though
    I know how to convert it, just use Google and that's it. Still, I don't understand what is the 3/8 in 12 3/8. Those 3/8 are inches or another measurement system? In the metric system, if the number is not exact, you just put a comma and you add numbers one by one. For example: 32,4 and then 32,5, and then 32,6...

I also never understood why you use two systems (feet and inches) at the same time to measure a person's height... Why don't you just use one?

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Non-omniboo collections:
    Batman by Grant/Breyfogle, Dixon/Nolan (same format as Batman by Moench and Jones), Paul Dini's 'Tec run, Aftershock/Road to NML TPB, new versions of Legacy and Contagion, Batgirl (Cassandra)
    These (and Cataclysm) are on my wishlist also.

After getting new editions of Knightfall, BW: Murderer?, BW: Fugitive, and No Man's Land, I'm surprised we haven't seen these others solicited yet.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

After getting new editions of Knightfall, BW: Murderer?, BW: Fugitive, and No Man's Land, I'm surprised we haven't seen these others solicited yet.
    I saw a new edition of Cataclysm on Amazon.com set to be released in June. I also thought I saw this somewhere else, but didn't see it in the solicitations.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Cataclysm showed up on the Edelweiss catalog a while ago:

Batman: Cataclysm (New Edition) by Chuck Dixon, Jim Aparo (Illustrated by)
    On Sale Date: June 16, 2015 9781401255152, 1401255159 $29.99 USD
    DC Comics 464 pages

Written by legendary Bat-scribe Chuck Dixon, this classic BATMAN: CATACLYSM epic is now recollected in its entirety for the first time ever and leads directly into BATMAN: NO MAN’S LAND. Collects BATMAN #553-554, DETECTIVE COMICS #719-721, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #73-74, NIGHTWING #19-20, AZRAEL #40, CATWOMAN #56-57, ROBIN #52-53, BATMAN CHRONICLES #12, BLACKGATE: ISLE OF MEN #1, HUNTRESS/SPOILER: BLUNT TRAUMA #1, BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM: TALES OF MADNESS #1

It's already up on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Catacly...tman+cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by chicainery View Post
    I saw a new edition of Cataclysm on Amazon.com set to be released in June. I also thought I saw this somewhere else, but didn't see it in the solicitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post
    Cataclysm showed up on the Edelweiss catalog a while ago:

Batman: Cataclysm (New Edition) by Chuck Dixon, Jim Aparo (Illustrated by)
    On Sale Date: June 16, 2015 9781401255152, 1401255159 $29.99 USD
    DC Comics 464 pages

Written by legendary Bat-scribe Chuck Dixon, this classic BATMAN: CATACLYSM epic is now recollected in its entirety for the first time ever and leads directly into BATMAN: NO MAN’S LAND. Collects BATMAN #553-554, DETECTIVE COMICS #719-721, BATMAN: SHADOW OF THE BAT #73-74, NIGHTWING #19-20, AZRAEL #40, CATWOMAN #56-57, ROBIN #52-53, BATMAN CHRONICLES #12, BLACKGATE: ISLE OF MEN #1, HUNTRESS/SPOILER: BLUNT TRAUMA #1, BATMAN: ARKHAM ASYLUM: TALES OF MADNESS #1

It's already up on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Catacly...tman+cataclysm
    Nice!

Not sure how I missed this, but I'm more confident now that we'll see reissues of Contagion and Legacy...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    I know how to convert it, just use Google and that's it. Still, I don't understand what is the 3/8 in 12 3/8. Those 3/8 are inches or another measurement system? In the metric system, if the number is not exact, you just put a comma and you add numbers one by one. For example: 32,4 and then 32,5, and then 32,6...

I also never understood why you use two systems (feet and inches) at the same time to measure a person's height... Why don't you just use one?
    I know this isn't the place but I'll help you out: 12 inches in a foot so it is one system for height. Mixing two systems for height would be feet and centimetres or metres and inches. The 3/8 is a fraction of an inch so 12 and 4/8 would be 12 and a half inches. Same as 32.4 or 32.5 uses the decimal point, converted to a fraction 32.5 would be 32 and 5/10. When I started typing this it all felt simple, I see how it wouldn't be. We grow up with this in England so its a bit more natural.

I'm half way through the Batman/Dredd hardcover, it's entertaining so far but not great. The cover makes me wish Mignola did a run on Batman

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post

You mean a point, for example 32.4 and then 32.5 and then 32.6...

You wacky Europeans and your weird commas.

But seriously, how do you express a number like 1,967,428.25 (one million, nine hundred and sixty seven thousand, four hundred and twenty eight point two five) if you use commas to denote decimal places? I work in finance and the difference between a decimal point and a comma is kind of a big deal.
    Last edited by momaw; 10-18-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Because it hasn't been done in a while (and these are always fun), my top 5 unannounced omniboo wish list (in no particular order
    mine (5 not enough, sorry ) :

Saga of the Swamp Thing Omnibus
    Animal Man Omnibus vol. 2 (Animal Man (vol. 1) #27-63)
    Animal Man by Jeff Lemire Omnibus
    Hellblazer by Ennis Omnibus
    Question by Dennis O'Neil Omnibus
    JLI Omnibus
    Justice League dark Omnibus
    Midnighter omnibus (Midnighter: Killing Machine, Midnighter: Anthem, Midnighter: Assassin8, Grifter & Midnighter, Kev by garth ennis)

Quote Originally Posted by momaw View Post
    You mean a point, for example 32.4 and then 32.5 and then 32.6...

You wacky Europeans and your weird commas.

But seriously, how do you express a number like 1,967,428.25 (one million, nine hundred and sixty seven thousand, four hundred and twenty eight point two five) if you use commas to denote decimal places? I work in finance and the difference between a decimal point and a comma is kind of a big deal.
    Well at least here in Canada we're taught that you're not supposed to use commas in numbers, I think that's a uniquely american thing. So it would just be 1 967 428.25
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 10-18-2014 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Well at least here in Canada we're taught that you're not supposed to use commas in numbers, I think that's a uniquely american thing. So it would just be 1 967 428,25.
    But you just used a comma in a number