View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 158 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 581081481541551561571581591601611621682082586581158 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum Valentino View Post
    I can't answer this question but according to the solicits it actually has LESS material than the TPB. Notice the lack of "and other stories" in the OHC's title. Beginning to regret selling the book. Still, DC and their solicits, who knows?
    Yep, when I saw the Amazon fish/Hachette catalog I intended to sell my Mad Love standard-sized hardcover, but then I noticed the lower page count as well.

Have added the future upcoming HCs from the edelweiss catalogue, going out to August 2015 on to the first page. These may change as books are solicited, but some interesting stuff coming up.

Fantastic Member

About the edelweiss catalogue, I noticed the "announced 1st Print:" of the books. With the exception of the Absolutes (10-15k) DC is printing from 20,000 to 125,000 of the first printings of these books. According to the sales figures I've heard on the Mayo report the sales in the direct market rarely top 5k for collected editions, in fact many books sell less then 1000 copies in initial orders. Even with re-orders these sales account for a small portion of the print runs. Either DC is has a huge warehouse stacked to the rafters with books, or the bookstore/amazon sales are doing very well. Is there any way to find out the sales outside of the direct market? If DC is really selling the amount of books it would take to justify these high print runs it seems that the comics publishing industry is much healthier than many of us thought.

Is DC also reprinting those Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibuses? Volume 1 showed up on this month's previews order from on the diamond comics website with item number NOV140344.

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/...emID=nov140344

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Is DC also reprinting those Jack Kirby's Fourth World Omnibuses? Volume 1 showed up on this month's previews order from on the diamond comics website with item number NOV140344.

Oh yes, yes. The world needs more Jack Kirby (and I've still need to collect his Fourth World comics).

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Because it hasn't been done in a while (and these are always fun), my top 5 unannounced omniboo wish list (in no particular order):
    Mine:

- Swamp Thing by Alan Moore

- Superman by John Byrne

- Wonder Woman by George Perez*

- Justice League by Giffen/DeMatteis & Maguire/Huges

- Hitman by Ennis & McCrea

*(I guess WW is coming, but I haven't seen any sort of listing or pre-orders yet)

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slop101 View Post
    Mine:

- Superman by John Byrne

*(I guess WW is coming, but I haven't seen any sort of listing or pre-orders yet)
    It's not up for pre-order yet but it is listed here
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1401255477
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's not up for pre-order yet but it is listed here
    http://edelweiss.abovethetreeline.co...sku=1401255477
    All this plus Flash by Waid, and the Messner-Loebs issues too. Wouldn't mind some Impulse collections as well. Not necessarily omnis but at least some TPBs.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Everything since then has been sewn, does this mean they open as nicely as Marvel omnibus? Not always (some people here would argue hardly ever) no, binding is not the be all and end all of how well a book opens.

Every single Absolute is sewn and of the utmost quality.
    What other factors determine how well a book opens other then the binding??

DC omnibuses are sewn now and have been for some years but for the most part they still then glue them to the ribon/backing for reinforcement and it negates much of the benefit from the stitching. This allows the books to open more than glued bindings but they are still pretty tight and don't open flat like a purely sewn binding, especially in the front and back of the book.

Mine:

- Superman by John Byrne

I, too, would like a Byrne Superman collection. What would that entail, though? After kicking off with Man of Steel and jumping into Superman (proper) didn't he also write Action and Adventures, too?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I, too, would like a Byrne Superman collection. What would that entail, though? After kicking off with Man of Steel and jumping into Superman (proper) didn't he also write Action and Adventures, too?
    Yeah plus annuals, minis etc. Byrne wrote and/or drew well over 80 Superman related comics. 2 large omnis, at least. Maybe 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri View Post
    Yeah plus annuals, minis etc. Byrne wrote and/or drew well over 80 Superman related comics. 2 large omnis, at least. Maybe 3.
    That's right. Forgot about those minis like "world of Smallville," etc.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post

And in HC too! Huzzah! I missed these the first time around and I've come close to spending too much for them on eBay. Great news. Now just give me a reprint of New Teen Titans omni 1.

Mine:

- Superman by John Byrne

Swamp Thing Omnibus! I want that so bad...

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    That's right. Forgot about those minis like "world of Smallville," etc.
    I say if they are going to do it to everything. They have to do World of Krypton, written by JB and drawn by Mike Mignola. Or maybe do a Superman by JB Omni (or 2) plus a companion to collect the side-items.