View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 161 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 611111511571581591601611621631641651712112616611161 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    You picked the ONLY 2 well done omnibuses by DC. EVERY other DC omnibus is not done that way and those 2 stand out.

EDIT: Actually, that's not completely true. I confused Hos with the Golden Age Superman. Sandman vol 1 is also well done. The rest gluewn. If you want I'd be happy to post some comparison pics.
    yupp, just reading Sandman v1 again, great binding. Also,I have to mention this every time, beautiful book.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yupp, just reading Sandman v1 again, great binding. Also,I have to mention this every time, beautiful book.
    It always tempts me when I see it. It's a gorgeous book.

Are there any hardcovers that correct early harley Quinn stories? I want to read Batman adventures and the Alex ross ones but not sure if they're collected.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Default Nice surprise fridy afternoon

IST haul I ordered last sunday. This is the fastest I have received orders from them. It is always one week/ week an a half until i get something from them. I know i griped in the past about speed of their service but i think the moved worked out best for them in the end, when it comes to ship times.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    IST haul I ordered last sunday. This is the fastest I have received orders from them. It is always one week/ week an a half until i get something from them. I know i griped in the past about speed of their service but i think the moved worked out best for them in the end, when it comes to ship times.

Oh man, Damian: Son of Batman is so, so bad. Possibly the worst story DC has ever put into a Deluxe Edition.

Son of Batman is the best Robin story I've ever read

I haven't been back here in a while so was perusing the front page to see what I missed, and can't believe Dial H Deluxe Edition! That is such great news. Very excited.

Also, Wonder Woman by George Perez Omnibus was announced? Cool cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    I haven't been back here in a while so was perusing the front page to see what I missed, and can't believe Dial H Deluxe Edition! That is such great news. Very excited.

Also, Wonder Woman by George Perez Omnibus was announced? Cool cool!
    Yes, two books I'm really looking forward to!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post

The cover for Batgirl Vol 4 is awesome. It is probably one of my favorite covers out of all the New 52 trades.

Has anybody read the contents of the DC Comics Zero Year HC being released next week? If so, is it worth purchasing?

I've been trying to avoid these "slice of the line" type books, but I'm very interested in this one.

BANNED

I read the Superman and Green Arrow stories and greatly enjoyed them, but they didn't have that much into Zero Year.

Green Arrow fights Killer Moth and Superman is in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by mike1981 View Post
    Has anybody read the contents of the DC Comics Zero Year HC being released next week? If so, is it worth purchasing?

I've been trying to avoid these "slice of the line" type books, but I'm very interested in this one.
    I read Batman monthly. It's OK. It didn't suck but it certainly wasn't Frank Miller's Year One, which in my opinion is the definitive Batman origin. I also felt that Zero Year probably went a little too long. The art, obviously, is beautiful. If you get a good deal on it, then by all means pick it up. I'm not sure I'd pay full cover for it, though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I read Batman monthly. It's OK. It didn't suck but it certainly wasn't Frank Miller's Year One, which in my opinion is the definitive Batman origin. I also felt that Zero Year probably went a little too long. The art, obviously, is beautiful. If you get a good deal on it, then by all means pick it up. I'm not sure I'd pay full cover for it, though.
    Does anybody pay full cover for any new collection? I certainly don't. I don't think I would buy any new collected editions without CGN or IST discounts.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Are the Fables deluxe HCs worth getting? Hows the binding?

Yes they're worth getting, fables is awesome. Glued binding unfortunately but they aren't mouse traps and there's no gutter loss. Nice thick paper too. Not wavy at all.