View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 163 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 631131531591601611621631641651661671732132636631163 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 21672
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    I have the book if you want interior shots.
    Yeah I'd really like to see how the binding is, if you could that'd be great!

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Here's a few pics of the Silver Age Flash Omnibus:

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

And a couple more:

The binding on this book is a bit of a step up from the typical DC omnis; this one will stay open at page 50 (but will not lie flat). The pages aren't really thick, but still thicker than what Marvel is offering these days. There's also an introduction by Paul Kupperberg and a forward by Paul Levitz. It also contains something that's pretty rare in these DC books: a table of contents!
    Last edited by Commissioner Gordon; 10-29-2014 at 04:37 PM.

Spectacular Member

I know it isn't Hardcover, but can anyone tell me anything about the Gordon of Gotham collection, I got an email about it from Amazon and it sort of interested me as I am a huge Gotham Central fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Gordon View Post
    And a couple more:

The binding on this book is a bit of a step up from the typical DC omnis; this one will stay open at page 50 (but will not lie flat). The pages aren't really thick, but still thicker than what Marvel is offering these days. There's also an introduction by Paul Kupperberg and a forward by Paul Levitz. It also contains something that's pretty rare in these DC books: a table of contents!
    I definitely plan on picking this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Rock View Post
    I know it isn't Hardcover, but can anyone tell me anything about the Gordon of Gotham collection, I got an email about it from Amazon and it sort of interested me as I am a huge Gotham Central fan.
    I remember really enjoying Gotham Central (I haven't read it since it was coming out, though), and I was really excited for Gordon of Gotham. I found it a struggle to finish.

I thought I read somewhere that there was some issue with that Flash omnibus, but those pics are really making me want it.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Do we yet know what extras the new Arkham Asylum deluxe will contain? Hopefully it will at least have the wonderful annotated script section from the 15th Anniversary edition (wow! Has it been 10 years since that edition came out?!) - I'd love to see new material though. I suppose that just an OHC version of that 15th Anniversary Edition would be worth the upgrade though.

Incredible Member

Hopefully it contains sewn binding, such as the recent Long Halloween: Noir ohc. Not holding my breath, but...

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

DC has really piqued my interest with the new Noir books. Recently got The Long Halloween on eBay new for $17. I really dig the larger size and I can't wait to see how DKR looks. I'm hoping in the future we get Noir release of Year One (imagine the oversized Mazzuchelli inky-black goodness).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner 771
    And a couple more:

Man that looks like relatively great quality. Better than I was expecting for sure! Thanks for the pics, I'm gonna have to grab this.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Do we yet know what extras the new Arkham Asylum deluxe will contain? Hopefully it will at least have the wonderful annotated script section from the 15th Anniversary edition (wow! Has it been 10 years since that edition came out?!) - I'd love to see new material though. I suppose that just an OHC version of that 15th Anniversary Edition would be worth the upgrade though.
    I don't think the exact contents have been confirmed yet, but the page count is slightly higher than the 15th Anniversary edition. The story itself is only about half the book, so there's definitely some bonus material included, even if it's just what was in the previous edition.

Amazing Member

Barnes and Noble have their annual 3 for 2 sale on Marvel / DC hardcovers.
    Useful for some in particular those overseas as shipping comes to about $25 for 3 OHC

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?csr...BOOK&view=grid
    Last edited by Joyus; 10-31-2014 at 06:06 AM.

Thanks Joyus!

Just my luck as soon as I get the 100 Bullets 3-5. The 2nd volume gets OOS at CGN. Haha. Guess im trapped into a difficult search ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyus View Post
    Barnes and Noble have their annual 3 for 2 sale on Marvel / DC hardcovers.
    Useful for some in particular those overseas as shipping comes to about $25 for 3 OHC

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/?csr...BOOK&view=grid
    Are their online prices the same as in store and what are some good new 52 titles worth checking out? I've heard the new Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash are all really good.