View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 164 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 641141541601611621631641651661671681742142646641164 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by stilgar20 View Post
    Are their online prices the same as in store and what are some good new 52 titles worth checking out? I've heard the new Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash are all really good.
    Yeah WW, Flash, Aquaman, Batman, Batman & Robin, Animal Man are all great and very recommended.

Fables and Y: The Last Man also available for those that have been wanting to pick them up. Not sure on stock.

Quick question about the B&N Sales from a noob: does the discount apply if you mix in-stock items with pre-order items? It doesn't come up for me, but I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, or if I'm doing something wrong.

Did I misread something or does some jackass really think they going to get $259 for the Death and Return of Superman omnibus on that B&N page?

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Did I misread something or does some jackass really think they going to get $259 for the Death and Return of Superman omnibus on that B&N page?
    Same as some people asking $255 for JLA Deluxe vol 2...
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Same as some people asking $255 for JLA Deluxe vol 2...
    Rock of Ages is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Quick question about the B&N Sales from a noob: does the discount apply if you mix in-stock items with pre-order items? It doesn't come up for me, but I'm not sure if that's how it's supposed to be, or if I'm doing something wrong.
    It did the last time it was on, which was just for DC books. I had a couple of preorders and the discount still worked.

I've ordered a few books from B&N as this is easily the cheapest place for international buyers, but beware that the packaging can be pretty poor at times. Absolutes are usually shipped in their white boxes so have more protection but other HCs can be a bit of a lottery.

Edit: Just tried adding preorders and it doesn't give the discount, luckily the books I want will be out before January when the deal ends.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    It did the last time it was on, which was just for DC books. I had a couple of preorders and the discount still worked.

I've ordered a few books from B&N as this is easily the cheapest place for international buyers, but beware that the packaging can be pretty poor at times. Absolutes are usually shipped in their white boxes so have more protection but other HCs can be a bit of a lottery.

Edit: Just tried adding preorders and it doesn't give the discount, luckily the books I want will be out before January when the deal ends.
    Thanks, good to see it's not just me. All the stuff I want also comes out before January, so I can wait.

When would that sale end? 1st of January?

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    January 9, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern time.

Edit: Beaten to it by Brian.

Does it help the packaging when you make a bigger order?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Does it help the packaging when you make a bigger order?
    From my experience, probably not. Biggest order I've received has been three books, even though it was part of a 9 book order. They're pretty much on par with Amazon US in terms of shipping so what you will get is a cardboard box and some of those air pockets.

Do you think we will get some collection - Omnibus - for Hellblazer? TV series is quite good, watched 1st episode, will be watching more - not like Gotham, which is atrocious and unwatchable - but don't want to buy trades when somethings bigger may come. I know it was one of the biggest and most popular series from vertigo but hasn't been given proper threatment.

Do you think we will get some collection - Omnibus - for Hellblazer? TV series is quite good, watched 1st episode, will be watching more - not like Gotham, which is atrocious and unwatchable - but don't want to buy trades when somethings bigger may come. I know it was one of the biggest and most popular series from vertigo but hasn't been given proper threatment.
    For some reason it seems to me that DC is collecing material in omnis based on creators, who could attract the core audience and not based on succesful series. Like Johns, Morrison. They always get the big format books. Now we will have a Neal Adams oriented Bat omnibus.
    Stories that the mainstream, non core audience would be interested in usually will be collected in chunky paperbacks. I think those sell better in book stores. People like the Nolan Batman movies, they buy these fairly cheap, 400-600 pages long tps, chuck them in their backpacks, read them on the bus, etc. I think we will rather see reprints of the big Hellblazer and Preacher tpbs than omnis and deluxes. But who knows, if they see that there is demand for the hardbacks, maybe it will happen.