View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 166 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 661161561621631641651661671681691701762162666661166 ... LastLast
Results 2,476 to 2,490 of 21671
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Do you think we will get some collection - Omnibus - for Hellblazer? TV series is quite good, watched 1st episode, will be watching more - not like Gotham, which is atrocious and unwatchable - but don't want to buy trades when somethings bigger may come. I know it was one of the biggest and most popular series from vertigo but hasn't been given proper threatment.
    I would actually argue that the current releases are THE collections we will get for now. You consider that these are comprehensive paperback releases of chunks of issues and when it's done the whole series will be collected completely. I imagine if they had planned to do other releases, they would be putting these out in hardcover (ala Preacher or Y The Last Man) first.

Hellblazer is, IMO, one of the best comics DC has ever done, but it's always been dark and adult and starring a character that can be hard to like at times...and quite frankly it's done well in sales but never the volume of, say Preacher or Y The Last Man...so I think these comprehensive paperbacks are all we are ever going to see.

TBH, considering Constantine is bringing in elements like Doctor Fate, I imagine they will ultimately want to emphasize the New 52 version over the classical ultimately.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Don't forget Perez and Wolfman. I got all 3 of their New Teen Titans Omnibus' earlier this year. Best $200 bucks I ever spent. Also Perez's run on WW and Avengers are getting collected in to omnibus set to release next year.
    Well, damn. You're right. And don't forget Absolute editions of Crisis (Wolfman-Perez) and the Avengers/JLA cross-over (Perez)

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Wow nice. So you definitely should wait for FF Hickman Omni 2, Batman Inc and other absolutes/omnis released to get 1 free.
    Isn't Absolute Batman Inc going to be released on January 13th, at least on B&N?

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone know what good collections to pick up at $75 for the B&N sale?
    Books I have around that are that price..Planetary, DOSM, Untold Tales of Spidey, Sleeper
    Looking at..
    -Wolverine by Millar
    -Flash by Johns vol.1
    -Brightest Day
    -Yellow, Blue, Gray by Loeb/Sale
    -Cap Lives
    ...all of which are 35-36% off.
    Planetary being one of the best comics ever made should be no 1 on your list. Sleeper is fantastic too (Brubaker/Phillips) plus its a really nice Omnibus.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Planetary being one of the best comics ever made should be no 1 on your list. Sleeper is fantastic too (Brubaker/Phillips) plus its a really nice Omnibus.
    Those are the ones he already has
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Add Paul Levitz's LOSH deluxe editions for The Great Darkness Saga and The Curse.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

If i want to read green arrow , is it required that i read ann nocenti's run first or just skip straight to vol 4 with jeff lemire's run. I heard her run was not very good so i wanted to make sure i am not missing anything if i just skip over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    If i want to read green arrow , is it required that i read ann nocenti's run first or just skip straight to vol 4 with jeff lemire's run. I heard her run was not very good so i wanted to make sure i am not missing anything if i just skip over it.
    You should be able to start with Lemire's run. I didn't read any of the New 52 GA before starting Lemire's first issue, and I got on fine.

It's possible to only read Lemire's run. I would even recommend starting with Lemire's run to be honest. Lemire's GA is probably my favorite GA story after Grell's run/Longbow Hunters
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by RIPLynott View Post
    These ones dont have the new bindings, but they wernt that hard to read. The second was the worst binding wise and they have those sad black cardboard covers. That being said the stories were very good, and I personally think its definitly worth it to buy them. The first volume is literally half the size of the other two, and I think the same msrp so if you can get that discounted that would be good
    Meh problems like these with sloppy covers etc make me hesitant to buy an omnibus... shoving it back down the list for a while.. thanks for the reply!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Skip it. Issue 17 is the perfect jumping on point.
    Cyclops was right

Read my first Lobo comic today... that was... something eelse.It made me wonder why Dc didn't push Lobo when Deadpool became popular. With the right push, I think Lobo could be Dc's Deadpool. Atleast, trying to push Lobo as the new Deadpool would be better idea than pushing Lobo as the new Wolverine like they're doing now.

Spectacular Member Whenitmatters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    You should be able to start with Lemire's run. I didn't read any of the New 52 GA before starting Lemire's first issue, and I got on fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    It's possible to only read Lemire's run. I would even recommend starting with Lemire's run to be honest. Lemire's GA is probably my favorite GA story after Grell's run/Longbow Hunters
    Thank you gentleman for your advise.

Are there any rare out of print omnibi from DC? The only one I want right now is the Infinite Crisis Omnibus which I know can be pretty expensive. Can anyone educate me on other rare DC books?

Edit: Nvm I went on the first page and got all I need lol.
    Last edited by Legion564; 11-04-2014 at 12:17 AM.
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Those are the ones he already has
    Totally misread that hah, in that case I would recommend the Flash Omnis by Geoff Johns if you can tolerate the average bindings.