View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 167 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 671171571631641651661671681691701711772172676671167 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 21670
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I wrote about my experience with Barnes&Noble and their international shipping on the previous incarnation of the Omnibus threads. For those of you who weren’t around at the time, below are my thoughts.

With regards to B&N packaging and time of delivery, I have mixed feelings. I took advantage of the 3for2 and Black Friday discount last year and purchased Animal Man Omnibus, Captain America by Jack Kirby Omnibus and Age of Ultron OHC.

Each book arrived separately. Animal Man omnibus was the first to arrive and unfortunately had bumped corners. Age of Ultron OHC arrived a couple of weeks later, whereas the Cap America Omnibus came IIRC a month or 2 later. The latter 2 came in tight cardboard packaging and were in perfect nick.

Their initial response to my email regarding the damaged Animal Omnibus was to give me a partial refund but as this was the book that was supposed be the one for free i.e. the cheapest, the refund only related to the shipping and came out at around 30-40 cents!!!

I ended up writing numerous emails to various B&N email addresses expressing my dissatisfaction but they kept fobbing me off. And then out of the blue, a month or so later I received an apologetic email stating that I’d been granted a complete refund for the whole order. Go figure.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Anyone know what good collections to pick up at $75 for the B&N sale?
    Books I already own that are that price..Planetary, DOSM, Untold Tales of Spidey, Sleeper.

Books I'm looking to get are...
    -Wolverine by Millar
    -Flash by Johns vol.1
    -Brightest Day
    -Yellow, Blue, Gray by Loeb/Sale
    -Cap Lives
    ...all of which are 35-36% off.
    You can get Brightest Day right now for 50% off at ist and that will free up another spot for you to choose from at B&N.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/B...S-HC/APR140272

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I wrote about my experience with Barnes&Noble and their international shipping on the previous incarnation of the Omnibus threads. For those of you who weren’t around at the time, below are my thoughts.

With regards to B&N packaging and time of delivery, I have mixed feelings. I took advantage of the 3for2 and Black Friday discount last year and purchased Animal Man Omnibus, Captain America by Jack Kirby Omnibus and Age of Ultron OHC.

Each book arrived separately. Animal Man omnibus was the first to arrive and unfortunately had bumped corners. Age of Ultron OHC arrived a couple of weeks later, whereas the Cap America Omnibus came IIRC a month or 2 later. The latter 2 came in tight cardboard packaging and were in perfect nick.

Their initial response to my email regarding the damaged Animal Omnibus was to give me a partial refund but as this was the book that was supposed be the one for free i.e. the cheapest, the refund only related to the shipping and came out at around 30-40 cents!!!

I ended up writing numerous emails to various B&N email addresses expressing my dissatisfaction but they kept fobbing me off. And then out of the blue, a month or so later I received an apologetic email stating that I’d been granted a complete refund for the whole order. Go figure.
    Thanks for that. I'm planning to get 3 Absolutes after new year when I should have some extra cash but now I'm worried about condition I might get them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

Many thanks for that! Them shipping the books in separate packages is reassuring me a bit about possible customs fees...

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Thanks for that. I'm planning to get 3 Absolutes after new year when I should have some extra cash but now I'm worried about condition I might get them.
    Absolutes should come in their own protective packaging. If B&N didn't remove them they should be fine regardless of how they were packed.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Ops, wrong thread.
    Last edited by Mad Hatter; 11-04-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Absolutes should come in their own protective packaging. If B&N didn't remove them they should be fine regardless of how they were packed.
    Yeah you would think that, but they managed to send me a damaged Absolute Sandman vol. 2. Never B&N ever again for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    You can get Brightest Day right now for 50% off at ist and that will free up another spot for you to choose from at B&N.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/B...S-HC/APR140272
    Oh sweet. Thanks for the heads up.
    My picks will probably be Flash by Johns, Cap Lives, and Animal Man then.
    I'll probably do a second round next month for the $150's(Doom Patrol, JSA Vol.2...whatever else).

Last time I orderd from B&N (3 Absolutes) they removed two from the white protective packaging and both were damaged. The replacements were sent with the white box and arrived okay ( one still had a dinged corner). It also took over a month to receive my order and another month to receive the replacements. I'm not ordering from them again, I don't care if it saves me a few bucks.

Concerning reports about b&n. For those domestic, has anybody tried to pick up their orders through a store? At least they replace the damaged ones even if it is a major hassle.

All this negative feedback on B&N is turning me off, which is sad, because I really wanted to save a few bucks and order a few items I may have wanted. We'll see I guess.

Anyone know if 100 bullets Vol. 2 deluxe will get a reprint? I know Vol. 1 was in the same position but eventually came back, along with Preacher 4.

Out of curiosity, what purchases do you guys plan on making for the B&N sale?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    Out of curiosity, what purchases do you guys plan on making for the B&N sale?
    I ordered 'Amazing SpiderMan Vol.1, SpiderMan by Stern, Absolute Batman & Robin'.. They sent omnibuses in one and absolute in another package. Hope they arrive in Good condition..

I don't order books from B&N anymore. Packaging is just as bad as amazon but sipping time is terrible. I've had stuff arrive 2 months past due date.

Another member here had a book arrive poor condition but B&N refused a replacement or refund without him shipping the original back (internationally) at his own expense which ended up being way more than the book was worth.

I also remember other members having issues where they ordered 3 books in the buy 2 get 1 free where after shipping the first 2 books B&N cancelled the third and refused a refund because it was a free book anyway.

In my opinion they aren't worth the risk.

Fantastic Member

I ordered last year during similar sale from B&N. Never again. Half of the box (the empty half, because how do you send three trades if not in a box way too large) was smashed and it's some kind of miracle the books only needed to be bend back into shape in between other books on the shelf.

It's the worst packaging I encountered while IIRC being also the most expensive. Just no.