View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127671175171017 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Have updated the OOP books, thanks for suggestions. Have checked against amazon for the OOP selections so if some are available elsewhere I might put a little asterisk there to show limited availability.
    I believe the Gotham Central Deluxe Hardcovers are OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUserName12 View Post
    Sadly, yes. I would really love one to accompany the new show but DC would definitely go with tpbs instead of expensive hardcovers.

They're standard HC, not deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    That's the plan, as I understand it.
    Holly cow!! I was about to answer Joshua, telling him that my plan for the week would be read all things tagged 'Astro City' on your site and follow Astro City on Facebook... I wasn't expecting the author himself! NICE! By the way... That's good news. I will look foward to it.

SHINING STARS was, last I saw, still in print in hardcover. It hadn't been issued yet in SC, so that's what the recent printing was.
    I will look further. In books sites it looked like it was out of print. But that's my fault - I have to get used with COMIC book sites.

That's news to me. I've asked DC about it. If plans have changed, I haven't been consulted.
    kdb
    I went there again and the CANCELLED was no more there. It was probably something internal of theirs. Sorry If I scared someone. As I said, information about Astro City is so thin, that I probably got that wrong.
    EDIT: actually, it just moved, but inside it's page there it was: "RELEASE DATE: CANCELLED"

Now... I have some comic sites to research and Astro City comics to buy! Thanks again (you and Joshua) for the help and the news!!
    Last edited by Brito; 05-08-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Speaking of Mr. Busiek, I'd love it if his Superman run was collected in a more comprehensive way. Apart from Camelot Falls, there are too many tiny trades with just 2-3 issues and some classic reprints for padding. Would love to have just his run in thicker tpb or deluxe hc format.
    This is something I've been wanting for awhile now. I would love to see it in deluxes or an omnibus but if it's not Morrison or Johns there isn't much chance for now.

All-New Member

With the JSA Omnibus fast approaching, I'm looking to further expand my DC Omnibus collection (JSA and Planetary vs a ton of Marvel and Dark Horse oversized stuff). The bindings have always scared me off of the older collections have scared me off in the past, but 52, Johns Teen Titans, Hawkman, and Johns Flash have me intrigued. Any of those I should stay away from? The Sandman Omnibuses are interesting also, but I think I'd rather they be my first Absolutes with how much I love DH's Library Editions.

I'm a fan of Johns' GL and new52 work, but a lot of his older material I've never read before. I'm really excited for JSA!

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Speaking of Mr. Busiek, I'd love it if his Superman run was collected in a more comprehensive way. Apart from Camelot Falls, there are too many tiny trades with just 2-3 issues and some classic reprints for padding. Would love to have just his run in thicker tpb or deluxe hc format.
    There are some issues that haven't been collected, either.

I'd love a comprehensive reprinting. Maybe someday.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Qdor View Post
    With the JSA Omnibus fast approaching, I'm looking to further expand my DC Omnibus collection (JSA and Planetary vs a ton of Marvel and Dark Horse oversized stuff). The bindings have always scared me off of the older collections have scared me off in the past, but 52, Johns Teen Titans, Hawkman, and Johns Flash have me intrigued. Any of those I should stay away from? The Sandman Omnibuses are interesting also, but I think I'd rather they be my first Absolutes with how much I love DH's Library Editions.

I'm a fan of Johns' GL and new52 work, but a lot of his older material I've never read before. I'm really excited for JSA!
    So far his Flash is by far my favorite. Really great stuff.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NZ_InFerno View Post
    Have updated the OOP books, thanks for suggestions. Have checked against amazon for the OOP selections so if some are available elsewhere I might put a little asterisk there to show limited availability.
    Preacher HC vols. 4 and 5 are OOP.

We3 deluxe is available on CGN
    Ex Machina volume 2 is available on CGN, IST and TalesOfWonder
    Batman: Year One is available on TalesOfWonder

As pointed out they are just standard hardcovers. I would happily upgrade though. I was just planning on covering the oversized books but will add regular books as they get pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Qdor View Post

The Majority of DC Omnis have bindings quite different to what you are used to on a Marvel Omnibus. They're much tighter and don't open as freely. If you can get your hands on one you can see for yourself. The content of Hawkman, Flash and 52 are really great. I used to have the Hawkman and Flash Omnis but sold them as I was pretty disappointed with the build quality.

Absolute editions on the other hand are built really well and open nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post

Cheers will update.

I'm glad that Mr Busiek, also Walter Simonson , have made it back to the forums, it's pretty cool to hear from the writers themselves about books and upcoming collections.

All-New Member

Thanks for the replies folks. I think The Flash is probably what I'll be leaning towards, taking it volume at a time to make sure the build quality doesn't bum me out too much.

On the previous topic of the Green Lantern Omnibus, I think it would be absolutely criminal if they put that thing to market without the necessary GLC issues for the Sinestro Corps War, but I'm hopeful they will correct it before it comes out as they did with JSA. Although, it does set the precedent for the post new 52 GL stuff, collecting all the parts of the First Lantern and Third Army issues. Yeesh, there is no good way to get through this without either skipping important issues or just bloating out the (hopefully) future collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Brito View Post
    I went there again and the CANCELLED was no more there. It was probably something internal of theirs. Sorry If I scared someone. As I said, information about Astro City is so thin, that I probably got that wrong.
    EDIT: actually, it just moved, but inside it's page there it was: "RELEASE DATE: CANCELLED"
    To be honest, I hadn't heard that the new edition of FAMILY ALBUM had been scheduled in any format, so it may be vaporware both ways. I've asked.

It's ready to go, but apparently DC's book-release schedule is all jammed up.

In any case, I hope you enjoy whatever you get your hands on (and I'll note that, print schedule issues aside, it's all available in digital form, just in case you're someone who likes that).

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Hatter View Post

Is Tales of Wonder up to date? They also list Kirby Fourth World HCs as being in stock when they've been OOP for a long while.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    There are some issues that haven't been collected, either.

I'd love a comprehensive reprinting. Maybe someday.

kdb
    Thanks Mr. Busiek for your swift responses. How much say do you or other writers/artists have in the printing of your works?

Btw, I never got round to thanking you on the Marvel Thread for "The Marvels", "Untold Tales of Spider-Man" and "JLA/Avengers". Amazing work.