View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 174 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 741241641701711721731741751761771781842242746741174 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 21673

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    I even like johns new 52 justice league. I only read the first trade so far, so that is my only experience with his writing at the moment.
    Well, you like him at his worst so I guess you will love his earlier stuff then.

Besides the Geoff Johns omnibuses and the n52 series, are there any good collected Flash solo stories? Preferably modern age!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Dc archives are very high quality. Thick paper, leather covers, awesome sewn binding, not a downgrade from the omnibus at all except for the pages not being oversized (and the Teen titains run not being complete)
    Oh cool, so it's basically the oversized aspect and more issues in the omnibus. Alright, maybe i can figure something out involving that. Thanks.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Besides the Geoff Johns omnibuses and the n52 series, are there any good collected Flash solo stories? Preferably modern age!
    He was awesome in Morrison's JLA. Well...everybod was awesome in that

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    He was awesome in Morrison's JLA. Well...everybod was awesome in that
    True! (Still collecting those damn Deluxe editions....) But that isn't really a solo run, any tips on a solo series?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Mark Waid's run from the 90s is collected partially and very good. Morrison's run is 11 issues long and fully collected and pretty good (not Morrison and Millar on their best but still good). These are all the Flash tpb's from the post-CoIE serie https://www.goodreads.com/series/96616-the-flash-ii
    So not a lot is collected at all.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

True! (Still collecting those damn Deluxe editions....) But that isn't really a solo run, any tips on a solo series?
    Unfortunately no, other then the John's runs and some of the n52 stuff, I've only read the Guggenheim run with Bart, which wasn't too good. The Mark Waid run supposed to be good but it's a pain in the arse to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Unfortunately no, other then the John's runs and some of the n52 stuff, I've only read the Guggenheim run with Bart, which wasn't too good. The Mark Waid run supposed to be good but it's a pain in the arse to collect.
    My luck again!

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Mark Waid's run from the 90s is collected partially and very good. Morrison's run is 11 issues long and fully collected and pretty good (not Morrison and Millar on their best but still good). These are all the Flash tpb's from the post-CoIE serie https://www.goodreads.com/series/96616-the-flash-ii
    So not a lot is collected at all.
    Thanks for the list, unfortunately not everything is easy to collect as Balakin stated above. It's a shame really, my interest in the Flash has been growing since the JLA and his TV show but DC is making it very difficult to love the character(s).

My luck again!

Thanks for the list, unfortunately not everything is easy to collect as Balakin stated above. It's a shame really, my interest in the Flash has been growing since the JLA and his TV show but DC is making it very difficult to love the character(s).
    After Johns left there was another (short) Waid run but IRRC that wasn't as good as Johns' stuff. But it was like 5 or 6 years ago I've read it, so maybe I'm wrong.
    You can try Flash Rebirth, which takes place after Final Crisis and deals with Barry's return. It's Johns and Van Schiever, and it is...interesting. The story is not bad but it's not GL Rebirth level and to put it mildly, I'm not a fan of Van Schiever's art.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Anyone have experience with the DC Archives editions, in particular the New Teen Titans versions? Would it be a severe decrease in quality from the omnibus? Are they a decent option, or nah?

Trying to get some George Perez books, but most of it is expensive for me.

I just saw it had 8 issues instead of the 20+ of the omnibus, heh... pretty huge difference but i can't see paying 150-200 for the vol 1 omni. Might be forced to skip the first omni then and go right to two. The TP Vol 1 that contains 7-8 issues combined with the vol 2 omni might be okay... i'd miss out on like 13 issues but save a lot of cash. Yeah, forget the DC Archive edition with it's 8 issues.

Don't suppose that Geoff Johns Teen Titans omnibus will ever go down in price? Comics are one totally expensive hobby, *sigh*.
    I would say that the Arhive Editions are a step up in quality.
    Some of the best books made.... and some more volumes in same quality are my most wanted books from any publisher.

Unfortunately DC stopped at vol. 4 and later books in the archive series are lower quality.

Question for international posters re: B&N.

This is my first time ordering since I've moved overseas last year (until now I've just been shipping orders to my brother or parents in the States), I still haven't got an email that my B&N order has been processed nor a shipping notice. Should I expect one even though it's not being shipped/delivered to US?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by johnsme View Post
    http://www.instocktrades.com/specials/47/DC+Sale+#4

60% off DC sale at IST. No omnis or absolutes, but some good stuff in there.
    they ship to europe?

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Anyone have experience with the DC Archives editions, in particular the New Teen Titans versions? Would it be a severe decrease in quality from the omnibus? Are they a decent option, or nah?

Trying to get some George Perez books, but most of it is expensive for me.

I just saw it had 8 issues instead of the 20+ of the omnibus, heh... pretty huge difference but i can't see paying 150-200 for the vol 1 omni. Might be forced to skip the first omni then and go right to two. The TP Vol 1 that contains 7-8 issues combined with the vol 2 omni might be okay... i'd miss out on like 13 issues but save a lot of cash. Yeah, forget the DC Archive edition with it's 8 issues.

Don't suppose that Geoff Johns Teen Titans omnibus will ever go down in price? Comics are one totally expensive hobby, *sigh*.
    There is a second trade go in up to 16 coming out soon, and the 3rd archive collects up to the second omni. Its a lot cheaper than the first 2. The johns stuff is in trade for fairly cheap.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I've scoured it, thse are the best ones imo:
    Hitman
    Human Target
    Seven soldiers of Victory
    Tom Strong
    Promethea

Oh and there is one omnibus but it's the New 52 Zero omnibus.

Do you know if the Tom Strong "Terrific Tales" is OHC? I'm pretty sure the Vol. 1 Deluxe is.

http://www.instocktrades.com/TP/DC/T...2-HC/JAN050364

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whenitmatters View Post
    I'm not discriminate when it comes to writing style, if it is a good story i will read it. From what i've read so far (thanks to this community) but i like morrison, brubaker, kirkman, moore, miller,snyder. I even like johns new 52 justice league. I only read the first trade so far, so that is my only experience with his writing at the moment.
    Thats probably the worst thing he has ebr written, so you will probably love all his other stuff.
    Cyclops was right