View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 177 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 771271671731741751761771781791801811872272776771177 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 21672

I mentioned this in the Marvel thread too, but if there's anyone who wants 15% off coupons for B&N (they stack w/ the current B2G1 sale), just PM me. I have some extra codes.

Quote Originally Posted by deltasun View Post
    I mentioned this in the Marvel thread too, but if there's anyone who wants 15% off coupons for B&N (they stack w/ the current B2G1 sale), just PM me. I have some extra codes.
    When those codes are due? Would like to get one but I'm planning to use this offer after New Year. Not 100% sure either after all those posts saying their packaging is not great.
    Last edited by lvizzz; 11-15-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    When those codes due? Would like to get one but I'm planning to use this offer after New Year. Not 100% sure either after all those post saying their packaging is not great.
    This particular one ends on the 16th (tomorrow, US time). I'm sure there will be others in the upcoming weeks and I'll be sure to make the same offer.

I've got the problem now with B&N that 1 of my 3 books ordered was cancelled, and now they're charging me full price for the other 2.

Originally, after they said the 3rd book couldn't be filled, I got a confirmation email that had book #1 at full price and book #2 at $0.00, and though I was disappointed I was still satisfied to get 2 books for the price of 1. Since then though they charged me separately for each of the 2 books they're now sending.

Also, the 3rd book, which they cancelled, is still listed as in-stock on their site.

I'm calling them in a few minutes to get it straightened out.

I remember someone else on the boards may have had a similar problem, any one know/remember how that one turned out for him??

EDIT: First woman I spoke to was not helpful. I'm not sure she fully understood what had happened or was just playing dumb and sticking to her story that it was cancelled bc it was out of stock.

I called back and the second woman I spoke to was very helpful. Completely understood what happened, checked that the book was back in stock. Ordered it for me, with international delivery, free of charge.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-15-2014 at 12:55 PM.

What book did they cancel? I want to know if it's one I was planning on ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    What book did they cancel? I want to know if it's one I was planning on ordering.
    Flash Omnibus vol. 3.

EDIT: They have it back in stock and are sending it to me free.
    Last edited by Ari Gold; 11-15-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Flash Omnibus vol. 3.
    just wanted to order the three flash omnibi.

I was considering ordering the 3 flash omnis. Good thing they are back in stock.

I edited the posts above, but for those who may not catch it and waiting for an update.

The first time I called, I spoke to a woman who didn't understand the situation at first. And then defaulted into "the book was cancelled b/c it wasn't in stock" and "you weren't charged extra for those 2 books, you were charged regular price."

When I hung up with her, I called back, and this time the woman I spoke to was extremely helpful.

It may have helped that she could see in her system they had sent me a confirmation email for the remaining 2 books, and one was fully discounted at $0.00, before they went ahead and charged me for both.

I mentioned that the book was cancelled as out-of-stock, but that it's still available for purchase online, and she should check if it was re-stocked.

She did and offered to send it at the fully discounted price. She wasn't going to include shipping, but I told her when it was originally ordered as a lumpsum the shipping was worth it for me to ship internationally instead of to the States, but now I would be paying shipping for each of the 3 books individually.

All in all, I think I might end up actually getting it cheaper than when I first ordered. Originally my order came out to $131, now it's $125 total (includes like $20+ shipping).

And for those curious:
    1) DC 1,000,000 Omnibus (I love this series/event, collected all the floppies a few years ago with the intention of binding them. This will be much easier.)
    2) Flash Omni Vol. 2
    3) Flash Omni Vol. 3

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

I just re-read the first volume of the N52 Justice League. Say what you will about the story (I think it's serviceable and necessarily more bombastic and less character driven than other solo titles), but damn does Jim Lee's art look fantastic. I adore his rendition of Darkseid. I'd buy an Absolute of Lee's run on JL for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    I just re-read the first volume of the N52 Justice League. Say what you will about the story (I think it's serviceable and necessarily more bombastic and less character driven than other solo titles), but damn does Jim Lee's art look fantastic. I adore his rendition of Darkseid. I'd buy an Absolute of Lee's run on JL for sure.
    Oh man, I just could not get into this one. In fact when I was done with it, I almost just dropped the title (I'm getting it in floppies). I stuck with because I generally like Johns and I'm glad I did. The first story line is his weakest. The rest of the series IMO really picked up afterward.

Of course, reading it in a HC - in one sit down - might make it better than waiting monthly.

Spectacular Member

If I have Geoff John's flash run in floppies, is there a need to get the omnibus's? Is the paper of a better quality and are there extras in any of these volumes or is it just reprinted issues? Thanks for any info

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avengers1986 View Post
    If I have Geoff John's flash run in floppies, is there a need to get the omnibus's? Is the paper of a better quality and are there extras in any of these volumes or is it just reprinted issues? Thanks for any info
    Oversized. Also, if you value having the whole run there in 3 convenient places, there's that. I think the paper is quite nice - not newsprint, but also not too glossy. As far as extras, there's little to none. Vol 1 has a few villain bios in the back, Vol 3 has a sketch page or two. They look mighty fine on a shelf too.image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Oh man, I just could not get into this one. In fact when I was done with it, I almost just dropped the title (I'm getting it in floppies). I stuck with because I generally like Johns and I'm glad I did. The first story line is his weakest. The rest of the series IMO really picked up afterward.

Of course, reading it in a HC - in one sit down - might make it better than waiting monthly.
    I'm with you. The first two stories are quite underwhelming. But ever since Thrones of Atlantis, the series has been quite stellar. I even enjoyed the Forever Evil issues. This new arc with Luthor might just be his best.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Oversized. Also, if you value having the whole run there in 3 convenient places, there's that. I think the paper is quite nice - not newsprint, but also not too glossy. As far as extras, there's little to none. Vol 1 has a few villain bios in the back, Vol 3 has a sketch page or two. They look mighty fine on a shelf too.image.jpg
    Woah, that first volume is as thin as a twig! I knew it was smaller but not by that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I'm with you. The first two stories are quite underwhelming. But ever since Thrones of Atlantis, the series has been quite stellar. I even enjoyed the Forever Evil issues. This new arc with Luthor might just be his best.
    Exactly! The Luthor stuff is solid! Johns can write a good bad guy. I always dug his Sinestro, and the dynamics between Luthor and Bruce Wayne are great.