View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 178 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 781281681741751761771781791801811821882282786781178 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 21662
    Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Batman: Gothic has been on my wishlist for some time, but looks like we're getting a HC edition next year. Hurrah! Now my Legends of the Dark Knight collection can be a little more complete. (This will mean I'll be up to the first 23 issues, I think. Would love to see more of the series collected.)
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Batman: Gothic has been on my wishlist for some time, but looks like we're getting a HC edition next year. Hurrah! Now my Legends of the Dark Knight collection can be a little more complete. (This will mean I'll be up to the first 23 issues, I think. Would love to see more of the series collected.)
    What are the other collections containing the early parts of the LotDK run?

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    What are the other collections containing the early parts of the LotDK run?
    Shaman #1-5 (1989, same time as Tim Burton film)
    Prey #11-15; #137-141 (2012)
    Venom #16-20 (2012)
    Faces #28-30 (sadly a little slim)
    Tales of the Batman by Tim Sale #32-33
    Collected Legends of the Dark Knight #32-34, #38, #42-43 (1994)
    Other Realms #35-36; #76-78
    Dark Legends #39-40; #50; #52-54

#21-23 I own as single issues.
    Last edited by America / Bucky / Russia; 11-16-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Fantastic Member

i'm just reading mike carey's lucifer and enjoying it very much. what do you guys think are the chances of getting a deluxe treatment of his "unwritten" series in the next year or so? sales were never spectacularly good on the series in the first place. just wondering if i should hold back a while or just go for the normal tpbs soon.
    thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    Yes, this was a solid series, at least for the first 50 or so issues. Would love to get a nice omnibus of it but probably pretty doubtful, since it was a hodgepodge of creators.

I'm 3 issues away from finishing the first lucifer book and it certainly is great. I hope they release it in HC sometime or I might just have to have the trades bound. I dont know about unwritten but I hope it gets a deluxe release, it looks intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I'm 3 issues away from finishing the first lucifer book and it certainly is great. I hope they release it in HC sometime or I might just have to have the trades bound. I dont know about unwritten but I hope it gets a deluxe release, it looks intriguing.
    Lucifer was a great, very underrated, series. I thought Carey's Hellblazer - another underrated run - was just as good if not better. I have not read Unwritten.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Yes, this was a solid series, at least for the first 50 or so issues. Would love to get a nice omnibus of it but probably pretty doubtful, since it was a hodgepodge of creators.
    It was a great way to allow writers and artists to be off the leash so to speak enough that they all produced, at the least, interesting and entertaining stories.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Lucifer was a great, very underrated, series. I thought Carey's Hellblazer - another underrated run - was just as good if not better. I have not read Unwritten.
    good to know, about his stint on hellblazer, will definitely check it out.

really miss this kind of literate, dense, intelligent storytelling in today's marketplace. everyone's screaming "golden age of comics" and yes, there are A LOT of very entertaining series out there, but not too much substance about them.

or maybe i'm just getting old.

probably both.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post

really miss this kind of literate, dense, intelligent storytelling in today's marketplace. everyone's screaming "golden age of comics" and yes, there are A LOT of very entertaining series out there, but not too much substance about them.

probably both.
    The substance can be found at publishers like Image and Dark Horse. Dc and Marvel are pure entertainment for me now,.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

double post. Sorry
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

oh, i wasn't even talking about the big guys in the first place. but reallly, which image or dark horse series would you characterize as meningful/literate/substantial?
    and really, i don't mean clever/inventive/entertaining.

oh, i wasn't even talking about the big guys in the first place. but reallly, which image or dark horse series would you characterize as meningful/literate/substantial?
    and really, i don't mean clever/inventive/entertaining.
    Pretty Deadly, Lazarus, Alex+Ada, Zero, Hellboy and a few others. Though I agree there aren't as many as in the 90s, which I think is partially because of the shrinking of Vertigo.

probably both.
    I'm with you. I think vertigo comics from the 80s & 90s are the best comics ever written.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Pretty Deadly, Lazarus, Alex+Ada, Zero, Hellboy and a few others. Though I agree there aren't as many as in the 90s, which I think is partially because of the shrinking of Vertigo.
    i really like lazarus and especially alex+ada. but they don't feel like i'm reading "the great american novel", if you know what i mean. i think there is now a whole generation of comic author who grew up mostly reading comics and internet-boards and not so much classic literature. on a positive note, they are much more versed in graphic storytelling. every one of your examples is a better comics than sandman ever was, just from the formal aspect. they do know how to pace and tell a story through visuals. but they lack in a literary, unique voice, a specific "sound", like moore, gaiman, milligan and a few others had.
    like i said, visually the (mainstream genre) comic of today is a far more complex and vibrant thing than in the 80s and 90s. maybe the slight shallowness is the price to pay for it.
    Last edited by krylox; 11-16-2014 at 02:24 PM.