View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 182 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 821321721781791801811821831841851861922322826821182 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 21671

Quote Originally Posted by silkcuts View Post
    I'm a bit envious on this, but really can't afford it. Still, can't wait for that particular update on myabsolutecollection.blogspot.com
    Yes, mee too, because "coming soon" is not the most detailed communication I know http://www.graphittidesigns.com/. FP.co.uk has a 31st December "due in our warehouse" date http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/fra...?#.VGxTpfnA7cs but I am really not confident about that. On the good size it's more time for me to sock away the money because it's indeed a very expensive book.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    Yes, mee too, because "coming soon" is not the most detailed communication I know http://www.graphittidesigns.com/. FP.co.uk has a 31st December "due in our warehouse" date http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/fra...?#.VGxTpfnA7cs but I am really not confident about that. On the good size it's more time for me to sock away the money because it's indeed a very expensive book.
    They have more dates like this one, I wouldn't expect they get their stock at 31st of December.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I've started the poll of most wanted Dc omni's
    http://community.comicbookresources....c-omnibus-poll
    I would appreciate it if you'll take your time to cast your vote
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Planet View Post
    Really excited for Batman Vol 6.

After volume 4 I was pretty dissappointed and then Vol 5 came along and was incredible. He had a satisfying ending, which he's never done.
    Have you been following the monthly?
    Volume is a collection of random stories that didn't fit in the first 5 books. Wouldn't get hopes up for a great single arc.

Fantastic Member

heads-up for all the european readers!

cheap-comics.com has a black friday sale:
    http://www.cheap-comics.com/specials.php

quite a few dc highlights this time:
    HELLBLAZER RARE CUTS TP () = 5.99EUR
    HELLBLAZER RED SEPULCHRE TP () = 4.99EUR
    HELLBLAZER THE GIFT TP () = 5.99EUR
    HELLBLAZER REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL TP () = 5.99EUR
    GREEN LANTERN OMNIBUS VOL. 2 = 25.00EUR
    ABSOLUTE PROMETHEA HC VOL 03 = 35.00EUR !!
    ABSOLUTE PROMETHEA HC VOL 02 = 35.00EUR !!

Fantastic Member

hey guys
    i'd appreciate it if you recommended me a DC omnibus. i'm not really familiar with the DC superhero universe and don't feel like getting to know it, at least not at this particular moment, but still i was thinking maybe JSA Omnibus Vol.1? does it require any previous reading? if it's good and new reader friendly, how's the general build of the book, does it hold? i can see it's huge and pretty tight.
    i know almost everyone recommends Sleeper but i'm not a fan of crime genre either... i have and love Sandman, Planetary, House of Secrets. is there anything like those? of course, it should be something still in print (i'm getting ready for Black Friday sale at B&N).

Quote Originally Posted by zaboraviti View Post
    hey guys
    i'd appreciate it if you recommended me a DC omnibus. i'm not really familiar with the DC superhero universe and don't feel like getting to know it, at least not at this particular moment, but still i was thinking maybe JSA Omnibus Vol.1? does it require any previous reading? if it's good and new reader friendly, how's the general build of the book, does it hold? i can see it's huge and pretty tight.
    i know almost everyone recommends Sleeper but i'm not a fan of crime genre either... i have and love Sandman, Planetary, House of Secrets. is there anything like those? of course, it should be something still in print (i'm getting ready for Black Friday sale at B&N).
    Do you like Morrison? There are few omnis with his work.

hey guys
    If you are into the Vertigo side of Dc (like Sandman and House of Secrets) I'd recommend the Animal Man omnibus. It's written by Morrison. It starts of with "normal" superhero stuff (though political views and the like are very prominent) and turns kind of psychedelic near the end with some typical Morrison shenanigans. It's also very self contained with only a few mentions of the rest of the Dc universe. If you like Animal Man you might also like the Doom Patrol omnibus or the Invisbles omnibus by Morrison (though they are a lot more Morrison-y than Animal Man, especially Invisibles). I haven't read JSA but I thought it was pretty accesible and it's pretty acclaimed. I still recommend checking out Sleeper, that's one of my favorite stories ever. What Marvel/Indie stories do you usually like?
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Do you like Morrison? There are few omnis with his work.
    i wouldn't say i do. i tried Doom Patrol, and Animal Man, and Invisibles - not my cup of tea. even All Star Superman. the only thing i finished and moderately liked was Joe the Barbarian.

hey guys
    Maybe "Doom Patrol" from Morrison, considering your previous picks..

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aster View Post
    Maybe "Doom Patrol" from Morrison, considering your previous picks..
    Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    If you are into the Vertigo side of Dc (like Sandman and House of Secrets) I'd recommend the Animal Man omnibus. It's written by Morrison. It starts of with "normal" superhero stuff (though political views and the like are very prominent) and turns kind of psychedelic near the end with some typical Morrison shenanigans. It's also very self contained with only a few mentions of the rest of the Dc universe. If you like Animal Man you might also like the Doom Patrol omnibus or the Invisbles omnibus by Morrison (though they are a lot more Morrison-y than Animal Man, especially Invisibles). I haven't read JSA but I thought it was pretty accesible and it's pretty acclaimed. I still recommend checking out Sleeper, that's one of my favorite stories ever. What Marvel/Indie stories do you usually like?
    i'm afraid it's safe to say that Grant Morrison is a no go for me

my all-time favorites are Locke & Key, Local, Midnight Nation, Planetary, Chew, Daytripper, Essex County, Strangers in Paradise. i also like Fear Agent, Preacher, Fables
    and don't mind some Fantastic Four, Deadpool and Runaways.

i guess i might reconsider my position on Sleeper after all)

JSA is accesible, anything you need to know will be explained sooner or later (IRRC, I've read it like 2 years ago in trades).
    Have you read the Authority by Ellis? Not omnibus but there is a standard hc. I love it almost as much as Planetary.
    League of extraordinary gentlemen? The build quality is crap but there is a tpb omni also and the story is excellent.
    And yeah, give a chance to Sleeper.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    JSA is accesible, anything you need to know will be explained sooner or later (IRRC, I've read it like 2 years ago in trades).
    Have you read the Authority by Ellis? Not omnibus but there is a standard hc. I love it almost as much as Planetary.
    League of extraordinary gentlemen? The build quality is crap but there is a tpb omni also and the story is excellent.
    And yeah, give a chance to Sleeper.
    yes, after Planetary i wanted to give Authority a try but got a bit lost among volumes, editions, etc. well, i was new to comics then) and after that, i got distracted) thanks for reminding me)
    of course, i forgot to mention i like LOEG (and Watchmen. and Promethea) i have that exact tpb omnibus)

another voice for Sleeper, huh?) by the way, does it have that nasty black cardboard for a cover that DC HC editions are notorious for?

yes, after Planetary i wanted to give Authority a try but got a bit lost among volumes, editions, etc. well, i was new to comics then) and after that, i got distracted) thanks for reminding me)
    of course, i forgot to mention i like LOEG (and Watchmen. and Promethea) i have that exact tpb omnibus)

another voice for Sleeper, huh?) by the way, does it have that nasty black cardboard for a cover that DC HC editions are notorious for?
    Sleeper has the black cardboard cover sadly, but it does have the best binding on a Dc omnibus ever. It's as good as a Marvel omni. Stormwatch and Authority by Warren Ellis can be picked up in 3 hc's (2 for Stormwatch, 1 for Authority) or 3 trades. It's really good so give it a go.

What about Y the last man' An absolute edition is coming in february, if i'm not wrong.