View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 195 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 951451851911921931941951961971981992052452956951195 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,925 of 21673

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    I also wish dc would stop catapulting Johns stuff and focus on other omnibi.
    Same here. I've got no problem with Johns, and am glad that so much Morrison stuff has been omni'd, but give someone else a chance!

At least they're getting multiple volumes out of the way semi-quickly.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by danmar85 View Post
    Oh, ya. Received my copy of Planetary Omnibus and jesus, that thing is stiff as all hell. When people talked about the tight binding on some DC Omnibus I had no idea it was this bad lol.
    Planetary is one of the 'better' ones, early ones like Hawkman are so much worse. I stopped buying DC Omnibus over a year ago now because I don't enjoy fighting with the book because the publisher couldn't be bothered to to do a simple thing like bind the book properly in a $125/$150 premium product.

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    Same here. I've got no problem with Johns, and am glad that so much Morrison stuff has been omni'd, but give someone else a chance!

I like how they're putting in work for their omnibus line at least, even if it's mostly just those two. Binding isn't quite Marvel-level but it's getting there and they still do thick pages and provide great content for the price, more than I can say for Marvel...

Totally agree and there are sure wins from DC (in terms of sales) if they do like a Batman Knightfall or Gotham Central Omni.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post
    Planetary is one of the 'better' ones, early ones like Hawkman are so much worse. I stopped buying DC Omnibus over a year ago now because I don't enjoy fighting with the book because the publisher couldn't be bothered to to do a simple thing like bind the book properly in a $125/$150 premium product.
    I dunno, I think the $125/150 books are fine, though I do only have two of them. I've got 52 and Doom Patrol, and I only had to fight with them as much as I did with Simonson's Thor from Marvel.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    Gorgeous looking book! Mine should be in next week. Wonder what Color scheme the 3rd one will be in.
    Yeah, I really like the diversity of the DC Omnibus spines. The only ones that are a bit meh are the Green Lantern (SA) ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    You and me both... Those just went on my wishlist. I also wish dc would stop catapulting Johns stuff and focus on other omnibi.

Well, if you think about it, they've got to be close to finishing.
    Not counting Green Lantern vol 1-2 and JSA vol 3, which have been announced, I don't think there's much left after his recent run on Aquaman and his time on Superman (not sure how many issues he did and whether there was enough for on omnibus).
    Granted, there's also his current Justice League run, but I don't think at this point DC has ever published an omnibus of a still-ongoing work that still has the same creator on it. So far, I think, either the series has wrapped up or the creator has left.
    Also, Aquaman is relatively new, and DC doesn't seem to pump out newer omnibus collection quite as fast as Marvel does.
    I suppose one could also make an argument for a Flash/Flashpoint omnibus, but all this said - correct me if I'm wrong - but DC is about out of Johns' stuff to collect.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

My Flash by Johns Omnibus books vol.1&2 both have now arrived from the Black Friday sales I purchased them.
    They are now my #2&3 DC Omnibus books. I also just now purchased the Hawkman by Johns Omnibus using the B&N 25% off one item Green Monday code(GMONDAY14).

Why is the Flash by Johns vol.1 Omnibus so small? The volume 2 is of a size I expect, page count wise. Is vol.3 similar to v.2 or v.1?
    My only other DC Omni till now was Death of Superman and that fit my expectations of an Omni page count.
    I stumbled across a physical copy of the Starman Omnis and really enjoyed those stories but those books are thin Omnis as well. Comparable to the Flash by Johns vol.1

Thanks
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    My Flash by Johns Omnibus books vol.1&2 both have now arrived from the Black Friday sales I purchased them.
    They are now my #2&3 DC Omnibus books. I also just now purchased the Hawkman by Johns Omnibus using the B&N 25% off one item Green Monday code(GMONDAY14).

Why is the Flash by Johns vol.1 Omnibus so small? The volume 2 is of a size I expect, page count wise. Is vol.3 similar to v.2 or v.1?
    My only other DC Omni till now was Death of Superman and that fit my expectations of an Omni page count.
    I stumbled across a physical copy of the Starman Omnis and really enjoyed those stories but those books are thin Omnis as well. Comparable to the Flash by Johns vol.1

Thanks
    Vol 3 is as thick as vol 2. The Starman omniboo are not really conventional omniboo. They only collect about 10-15 issues and are cheaper. Flash by Johns vol 1 is probably the thinnest regular Dc omnibus. Marvel also has the thinner omniboo, like Squadron Supreme and Young Avengers
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

True on the SSupreme and Young Avengers being thinner. I chalked that up to them being complete runs...kinda like the Devil Dinosaur anomaly.

Seems it might've been better to spread the vol.1 issues throughout and just do two Flash by Johns Omnis instead. Put 200+ pages into each giving a two volume set about 850+ pages each. DC has larger volumes in Animal Man and Invisibles so it could've been done, they chose not to for what seems an obvious reason.

yeah, if I remember correctly, Flash 1 was one of DC's earliest and they clearly dropped the ball on it. But 2 & 3 are nice size.

Incredible Member

Digging around, and im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like Flash Vol 1 was DC's second ever Oversized Omnibus. The first being Silver Age Green Lantern volume 1. Everything before then was standard sized (Starman, the Jack Kirby branded stuff and DC's first attempt at omnibusing DaRoS).

It seems to go

• Nov 2010 - Silver Age Green Lantern Volume 1 (640 pages)
    • May 2011 - Flash Volume 1 (448 pages)
    • Aug 2011 - New Teen Titans Volume 1 (464 pages)
    • Nov 2011 - Silver Age Green Lantern Volume 2 (624 pages)
    • Jan 2012 - Hawkman (704 pages)
    • Apr 2012 - New Teen Titans Volume 2 (736 pages)
    • Apr 2012 - Flash Volume 2 (648 pages)

Either NTT Vol 2 or Flash Vol 2 were the first omni's to be sewn.

So chalk it up to learning curve over squeezing us for more $$$, I can agree to that scenario.
    I'm going to get some more DC Omni and not let this stop me. Thanks for some feedback fellow posters.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Digging around, and im sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, it seems like Flash Vol 1 was DC's second ever Oversized Omnibus. The first being Silver Age Green Lantern volume 1. Everything before then was standard sized (Starman, the Jack Kirby branded stuff and DC's first attempt at omnibusing DaRoS).

It seems to go

• Nov 2010 - Silver Age Green Lantern Volume 1 (640 pages)
    • May 2011 - Flash Volume 1 (448 pages)
    • Aug 2011 - New Teen Titans Volume 1 (464 pages)
    • Nov 2011 - Silver Age Green Lantern Volume 2 (624 pages)
    • Jan 2012 - Hawkman (704 pages)
    • Apr 2012 - New Teen Titans Volume 2 (736 pages)
    • Apr 2012 - Flash Volume 2 (648 pages)

I just went to think that the first Omnibus was "Dead and Return of Superman" in 2007. Remember we had a first version of it, lacking some issues and the production quality was meh....so meh it was not even oversized and therefore doesn't count. So I think you're right! :-)
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Actually Hawkman was sewn but the pages were also glued at the end so it opens like a glued book.