View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 197 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 971471871931941951961971981992002012072472976971197 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 21672

Time and the Batman was never published as a deluxe, unfortunately.

Collected edition-wise, the reading order for Morrison's Batman is still kind of a mess.

So if I wanted the morrison batman run would I be good with these? Black glove Deluxe, rip, time, return, and the two Absolutes?
    Action, ANXM, ASM, Aquaman, AatO, Avengers, Batgirl, Batman, B+R, Det, GA, GL, JL, JLD, JLU, Sinestro, SM/WW, Swamp Thing, Thor

R.I.P. and Return... were published as deluxe.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion564 View Post
    So if I wanted the morrison batman run would I be good with these? Black glove Deluxe, rip, time, return, and the two Absolutes?
    Yep! That's his entire run. Two notes though - If you're not going to read Final Crisis, skip the last two issues of RIP; and read RoBW before you read the last 2 or 3 issues of Absolute B&R. Enjoy it man, it's great.

I can't wait for Absolute Batman, Inc.!

Should probably read Batman and Robin, which comes right before "Return." (Then of course Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by CP1234 View Post
    Yep! That's his entire run. Two notes though - If you're not going to read Final Crisis, skip the last two issues of RIP; and read RoBW before you read the last 2 or 3 issues of Absolute B&R. Enjoy it man, it's great.

I can't wait for Absolute Batman, Inc.!
    You and me both. But I'll wait for better price.

Spectacular Member

I wonder if DC will ever reprint their early formatted omnibuses in today's format of omnibus. I wouldn't mind having Kirby's fourth world reprinted in modern format. Starman too for that matter.
    trying to be nicer

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    I wouldn't mind having Kirby's fourth world reprinted in modern format. Starman too for that matter.
    Such a good point. I don't know what it costs to restore for oversized format but these seem like easy money for DC.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    Such a good point. I don't know what it costs to restore for oversized format but these seem like easy money for DC.
    Though it would pain me because I recently tracked down all the Fourth World and Starman hardcover omnis, I'd definitely be up for selling them to fund the upgrade to an OHC omni (and ideally one without the newsprint paper on Fourth World). I think DC ought to do Fourth World in 2 thick omnis, Kamandi in one omni, then maybe a Kirby miscellaneous with The Demon, OMAC, etc.

Side note: Anyone else here wish the Neal Adams Batman omni was instead a Batman by Neal Adams & Denny O'Neil omni - or even just a Batman by Denny O'Neil omni? It seems the current Neal Adams one will be quite narratively disjointed (albeit pretty as a Tatooine sunset).

Side side note: Now that we'll have the release of at least one Bat-omni, hopefully more will follow. What do y'all see following? If we're sticking with creator-centric omnis, my top would be a Dini Detective omni (happy to have the Morrison Bat Saga in Absolutes). Otherwise, I'd love a Legends of the Dark Knight omni or a Black & White omni. Knightfall and No Man's Land are other obvious choices.

Side side side note: I'm really enjoying the thick Batman trades of the 90-00s material that have been coming out since the release of The Dark Knight Rises (Knightfall, No Man's Land, Murderer, Fugitive). It looks like Cataclysm will be the next one they do (which is odd because it breaks the chronological pattern they were adhering to). What will be after that? War Drums? I don't have fond memories of the books from that period, but I'd be willing to give them another glance.

I think it's ridiculous for dc to assemble their collections around artists rather than writers or story arcs for the reason you mention - they're narratively disjointed and you sometimes only get part of a story.

As far as other batman omniboo go, Grant Morrison's run is the obvious suggestion, as is Scott Snyder's (when he ever finishes it). I have the first fat knightfall trade and I can't say I would rebuy it at three times the price just for a hard cover and better paper.

The other omni-worthy run I can think of is Loeb & Sale's, but that's already been collected in absolutes.
    Last edited by canadianaidan64; 12-13-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    What's next book after R.I.P.? The Return of Bruce Wayne?
    Freakin' Morrison Batman editions, pain in the neck (but I love them sooooo much).
    So Black Glove Deluxe, then RIP deluxe, then there is the Time and the Batman which is good but standard hc. I don't have that but I've read the content ages ago when it came out, barely remember what it was. I'm gonna buy it eventually but I don't feel the urge right now.
    Then I would read Final Crisis, because it is awesome (yes, it is confusing and a mess but still awesome and Superman Beyond is one of my favourite Superman stories and it's quite a foreplay for the current Multiversity "event").
    During FC (around issue 5-6) you should read the last 2 issues from the RIP deluxe because those are FC tie ins and if you don't know what's happening with Batman during the event, they are quite confusing. If you have the FC Absolute those issues are included in that.
    Another reason to read FC is The return of BW. That book is the direct consequence and continuation of FC. It has a reputation not being so good but I really-really enjoyed it.
    Then comes Batman and Robin but you should read The Return of Bruce Wayne between the 2nd and 3rd deluxe or after the 2nd story in the 2nd deluxe (I did it this way. Sorry I don't know the titles or the issue number, I suck at those, I think about these in terms of books and I have the deluxes).
    Then Batman INC.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Though it would pain me because I recently tracked down all the Fourth World and Starman hardcover omnis, I'd definitely be up for selling them to fund the upgrade to an OHC omni (and ideally one without the newsprint paper on Fourth World). I think DC ought to do Fourth World in 2 thick omnis, Kamandi in one omni, then maybe a Kirby miscellaneous with The Demon, OMAC, etc.

Side note: Anyone else here wish the Neal Adams Batman omni was instead a Batman by Neal Adams & Denny O'Neil omni - or even just a Batman by Denny O'Neil omni? It seems the current Neal Adams one will be quite narratively disjointed (albeit pretty as a Tatooine sunset).

Side side note: Now that we'll have the release of at least one Bat-omni, hopefully more will follow. What do y'all see following? If we're sticking with creator-centric omnis, my top would be a Dini Detective omni (happy to have the Morrison Bat Saga in Absolutes). Otherwise, I'd love a Legends of the Dark Knight omni or a Black & White omni. Knightfall and No Man's Land are other obvious choices.

Side side side note: I'm really enjoying the thick Batman trades of the 90-00s material that have been coming out since the release of The Dark Knight Rises (Knightfall, No Man's Land, Murderer, Fugitive). It looks like Cataclysm will be the next one they do (which is odd because it breaks the chronological pattern they were adhering to). What will be after that? War Drums? I don't have fond memories of the books from that period, but I'd be willing to give them another glance.
    They are also re-releasing Nightwing by Dixon in large trades.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post

New Starman omni - OHC this time - would be really sweet.

I think the next bat-event from the 90's-00's will be either Contagion or Legacy, both long OOP.

I also liked all your omni choices. Would add: Batman by Alan Grant and Norman Breyfogle, Batman by Chuck Dixon ad Graham Nolan and Gotham Central.

Tat price.

http://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop...d-Edition.html

BTW, has normal edition been published? If I missed it, I'll kill somebody - myself for being stupid.

Hello from the gutter Mad Hatter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    Tat price.

http://www.graphittidesigns.com/shop...d-Edition.html

BTW, has normal edition been published? If I missed it, I'll kill somebody - myself for being stupid.
    Well, there is this one:
    http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Doug-Mo...dp/1401247644/