View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430701205201020 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ptitjaune View Post
    In case anyone is interested, a few months ago DC solicited a Promethea "Immateria" Omnibus, which got cancelled.
    I thought about it today, and as we didn't get any news about it since, I tweeted JH Williams about it, and he
    told me it will come out after he's done with Sandman Overture .
    Very nice! I have indeed been waiting eagerly for news of this edition!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    I noticed the discount rate went from 53% to 41% for us in the US. If I pre-order now how likely will it go back up?

Quote Originally Posted by csista View Post
    It won't. I'm shocked it was that low for so long in the first place. If you're in the US, your best bet is to wait and see if IST does 50% on release week.
    The discount rate has now decreased to 40% ($74.98). I suspect they must have got a lot of pre-orders in. That fantastic low price was mentioned several times on the thread. I've learnt to put the pre-orders in, and cancel at the last minute if I manage to get it cheaper elsewhere or if the price stays too high. Amazon generally release their books later than other comic internet stores so there is that extra time to think things over.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Amazon now have the complete comic listing of the Green Lantern Geoff Johns Omnibus:

Green Lantern: Rebirth #1-6, Green Lantern Corps #1-5, Green Lantern #1-25, Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Superman-Prime #1, Green Lantern Corps: Sinestro Special #1, Green Lantern Secret Files 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon now have the complete comic listing of the Green Lantern Geoff Johns Omnibus:

Green Lantern: Rebirth #1-6, Green Lantern Corps #1-5, Green Lantern #1-25, Tales of the Sinestro Corps: Superman-Prime #1, Green Lantern Corps: Sinestro Special #1, Green Lantern Secret Files 2005.
    Makes no sense.

In comparison, this is the content from Absolute Sinestro Corps War:

1. GREEN LANTERN #21-25, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14-19 and GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL #1
    2. The Tales of Sinestro Corps backups (Despotellis, Karu-Sil, Bedovian, Sinestro).
    3. Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Secret Files and Origins

I think they'd better do an Omnibus with Rebirth, GL only from 1-20 but instead inlude ALL the GLC 1-13 so that we have full GL&GLC with the Omnibus and the Absolute. I'm probably missing something...
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spirou View Post
    In comparison, this is the content from Absolute Sinestro Corps War:

1. GREEN LANTERN #21-25, GREEN LANTERN CORPS #14-19 and GREEN LANTERN: SINESTRO CORPS SPECIAL #1
    2. The Tales of Sinestro Corps backups (Despotellis, Karu-Sil, Bedovian, Sinestro).
    3. Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps Secret Files and Origins

I think they'd better do an Omnibus with Rebirth, GL only from 1-20 but instead inlude ALL the GLC 1-13 so that we have full GL&GLC with the Omnibus and the Absolute. I'm probably missing something...
    If anything you really only need GLC 14-19 for Sinestro Corps War. Then the other two one shots that were in the Tales of The Sinestro Corps War trade! Everything else seems fine. I wonder what the second volume will contain.. 26-42? How will Blackest Night be collected? Depending on how the book looks and is collecting everything, I'm just thinking I'll leave my Johns' GL collection in trades. I've also got the two ION trades!

BANNED

Absolutely horrible. DC is doing a great job of driving me to other publishing companies! "Here's a random collection of issues from Geoff Johns! Don't worry about the other important issues that would make chronological sense in this volume... You're only missing chunks of the main story. Enjoy!"

I thought they may have learned their lesson with their original Absolute Blackest Night and JSA Omnibus solicitations... Nope! The same mistakes over and over... This is mighty disappointing. I will be keeping the Absolutes and trades until/if they release an omnibus that makes sense.
    Last edited by Rorsch; 05-12-2014 at 08:05 AM.

DC has cancelled orders for the Green Arrow by Kevin Smith deluxe edition, which was due to be released in August. But, it will be resolicited at a later date.

And for some reason, DC only told retailers last week about the change in contents in the Justice League Omnibus, even though the book was released in mid April. In case anyone's curious, Mystery in Space #75 wasn't included.

Spectacular Member

Why is Green Lantern Corps 1-5 included? Johns didn't write them. Knowing DC, the collection probably includes the first 25 issues of the new 52 series

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    DC has cancelled orders for the Green Arrow by Kevin Smith deluxe edition
    Any explanation why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben11345 View Post
    Why is Green Lantern Corps 1-5 included? Johns didn't write them. Knowing DC, the collection probably includes the first 25 issues of the new 52 series
    I'm guessing it's meant to be the 5 issue GLC Recharge mini series that Johns co-wrote with Dave Gibbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio View Post
    Any explanation why?
    Not a hint of one, and with the release date still months away, I'm not sure what's happened that they couldn't announce an update instead of a cancellation. But it's happened before that DC has cancelled and resolicited with no change (e.g. Fables Vol 8) so I'd be confident that this one will be released.

Incredible Member

DC has cancelled orders for the Green Arrow by Kevin Smith deluxe edition, which was due to be released in August. But, it will be resolicited at a later date.
    *crosses fingers* Hopefully they drop the "by Kevin Smith" tag, include Meltzers superior 'Archers Quest' arc and slap a Volume 1 label on there for the potential of Judd Winicks run to get released depending on how well it sells.

Not everyones a fan of Winicks run (I am) but the TV series is doing quite well and I assume the whole point of this deluxe in the first place was to try and cash in on some of that and a one of writer focused volume dosn't lead to a lot of future sales like a multi volume series would.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorsch View Post
    Absolutely horrible. DC is doing a great job of driving me to other publishing companies! "Here's a random collection of issues from Geoff Johns! Don't worry about the other important issues that would make chronological sense in this volume... You're only missing chunks of the main story. Enjoy!"

I thought they may have learned their lesson with their original Absolute Blackest Night and JSA Omnibus solicitations... Nope! The same mistakes over and over... This is mighty disappointing. I will be keeping the Absolutes and trades until/if they release an omnibus that makes sense.
    I own all the GL + GLC (mostly) HC since rebirth and double dipped with the 3 Absolutes. But I still think that they should make an Omnibus for Blackest Night. Much like the Infinite Crisis Omnibus, it would be very convenient to read this complete event in a proper reading order without having to swap books all the time while constantly checking on a reading order list after each issue. I'm not so much fan of a writer centric Omnibus idea for GL (though i get the point with the Johns approach), because this would omit a couple of nice GLC here and there. I would be happy with 3 big Omniboo for the hole run until New 52, followed by a huge Flashpoint one.
    Last edited by Spirou; 05-12-2014 at 02:01 PM.
    Reading: Batman by Morrison, Death note, Inhumans, Sleeper
    The plural of Omnibus is Omniboo

And for some reason, DC only told retailers last week about the change in contents in the Justice League Omnibus, even though the book was released in mid April. In case anyone's curious, Mystery in Space #75 wasn't included.
    Well that's annoying, was looking forward to that Deluxe. I quite enjoyed the tpb of Smiths run I had read previously. Plus with Arrow being hugely enjoyable and comic booky, I was looking for some more GA to enjoy.

DC not really on a roll are they. Anyone want to tweet at DC tell them that their GL Omnibus should have the GLC issues included, be interesting to get a response. It hasn't been officially solicited so there is still time to change it.

Is tere a list of almost out of print omni? Because there some omni I want but I don't know if I should buy it soom.