View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 204 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1041541942002012022032042052062072082142543047041204 ... LastLast
Results 3,046 to 3,060 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Binding shot

Its staying open under its own weight at this point, I've done a little bit of work to loosen up the binding but not a huge amount, this type of binding absolutely doesn't bother me considering the size of the book but there plenty pf people out there that will scream "mousetrap!".
    Yeah, I just opened the closest Marvel omni I have to the first couple of pages, and I legit don't know what's supposed to look different about it. They look the same to me.

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    DC Comics New 52 Futures End Five Years Later Omnibus
    Yeah, bit of a wordy title there DC.

Dust jacket on

Dust jacket off

Binding shot

Its staying open under its own weight at this point, I've done a little bit of work to loosen up the binding but not a huge amount, this type of binding absolutely doesn't bother me considering the size of the book but there plenty pf people out there that will scream "mousetrap!".

Things to note,

• It wasn't solicited as such but I'm still disappointed this didn't get the same 3D cover treatment last years villains omnibus had.
    • On the inside flap of the dust jacket is the printed order of issue including writer and artist credits, there's no page numbers but it acts as a contents page of sorts
    • The covers are printed in the book with there "present day" cover and then you turn the page to reveal the "5 year later" cover, this is a nice touch to preserve the intent of the 3D covers
    I'm just so happy that DC is printing more and more books in Canada. This book and the JSA Vol. 2's binding is pretty cool, not as good as Marvel's, but way better than 90% of DC's Omnis.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon.com have got some covers up for some of the upcoming Omnibuses. Not sure if they're the official ones.

Neal Adams Omnibus:

Wonder Woman by Perez Omnibus:

JSA Vol. 3 Omnibus:

*creams*
    Real talk, DC is stepping up their omni game. Don't know why I'm still giving Marvel my money.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    *creams*
    Real talk, DC is stepping up their omni game. Don't know why I'm still giving Marvel my money.
    With Marvel's compilation Omni(NOW,Ultimates, 90's collection) I'm just shifting those funds into DC material I've put off.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    With Marvel's compilation Omni(NOW,Ultimates, 90's collection) I'm just shifting those funds into DC material I've put off.
    Agreed. I don't want to sound like I'm hating on Marvel, but just checking my list of potential buys for the next six months and there is waaaaay more DC on it than Marvel.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Thanks for the shots of the Batman Gallery Edition a few pages back. I can't wait for the Dark Knight Returns volume.
    Miller was right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesanmich View Post
    *creams*
    Been thinking about it recently and here are my thoughts.

OHC and Omnis from Marvel look great on shelf but they really shine when you have more and more of them. And the more you get the more you want, just you can make your collection look better. It doesn't matter some of them are crappy or are rip-offs made for money, nothing else; you look on your shelf and you see all those books standing next to each other, with similar design, with those black-red-white spines smilling at you, and you have that thought: 'I want them all!' Like pokemons. You can post pics with your collection, people would get impressed, you can make some videos and post them on YT and all of that makes you feel better about yourself.

With DC it's different, all those spines and dustcovers, there is no sense, no regular pattern, they don't catch your eye, or people who visit you, those book sit there but look less important.

BTW my Batman Gallery Edition has arrived and this is by far my best purchase. Thing is huge - do people still say 'that's what she said'? - sturdy, I have no bloody idea where to put it, when I compared it with Absolute Sandman, latter looked like floppy book. I've paid 57 quid with p&p, so not bad at all. Pics will be coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    BTW my Batman Gallery Edition has arrived and this is by far my best purchase. Thing is huge - do people still say 'that's what she said'? - sturdy, I have no bloody idea where to put it, when I compared it with Absolute Sandman, latter looked like floppy book. I've paid 57 quid with p&p, so not bad at all. Pics will be coming soon.
    You obviously haven't seen the pre mid-1960s material Artist's Editions (EC, The Spirit, Steranko SHIELD, etc.). They're even taller than the Gallery Edition - by five inches!

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    You obviously haven't seen the pre mid-1960s material Artist's Editions (EC, The Spirit, Steranko SHIELD, etc.). They're even taller than the Gallery Edition - by five inches!
    Yeah, I haven't but I'm not a fan of older stuff. Think I would stick with Gallery Edition, what's next, Batman and Superman?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lvizzz View Post
    With DC it's different, all those spines and dustcovers, there is no sense, no regular pattern, they don't catch your eye, or people who visit you, those book sit there but look less important.
    I agree. Now that I have about a half dozen they don't look like they belong together, like they exist together. May as well be an Image/IDW/DC Omni next to each other.
    The Marvel Spines all, mostly, having that uniform look is very appealing. Doesn't mean I'm not going to get more DC Omni's but a uniform look like the Marvel ones would be an added bonus.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon.com have got some covers up for some of the upcoming Omnibuses. Not sure if they're the official ones.

Neal Adams Omnibus:

Wonder Woman by Perez Omnibus:

Oh, oh, oh!
    I really want these, especially the Wonder Woman. I have his entire run in TPB and singles, but not in omnibus.
    I have one DC omnibus, and that is The Flash vol. 1, but I'm afraid to buy more because I'm unsure of the quality of them. I've read the quality of the binding is ****. But my Flash omnibus is pretty damn nice. It's not sewn, but it's nice.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Oh, oh, oh!
    I really want these, especially the Wonder Woman. I have his entire run in TPB and singles, but not in omnibus.
    I have one DC omnibus, and that is The Flash vol. 1, but I'm afraid to buy more because I'm unsure of the quality of them. I've read the quality of the binding is ****. But my Flash omnibus is pretty damn nice. It's not sewn, but it's nice.
    Binding quality varies with each omni. Most recent omni's are fine, Sleeper, Golden Age Superman and Sandman are very good and some older ones are meh.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Binding quality varies with each omni. Most recent omni's are fine, Sleeper, Golden Age Superman and Sandman are very good and some older ones are meh.
    Thank you, Victor.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Incredible Member

Sadly I didn't really receive anything book wise this year from my family, however a buddy of mine bought me the Ronin Deluxe Edition, which is good I guess, though I wasn't really interested in buying it because the art looked... Eh... But I guess I'll give it a shot now!

Is the bill Finger run a much wanted omnibus of Batman? Or is it the O'neil or Adams run?