View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 205 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1051551952012022032042052062072082092152553057051205 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Amazon.com have got some covers up for some of the upcoming Omnibuses. Not sure if they're the official ones.

Neal Adams Omnibus:

Wonder Woman by Perez Omnibus:

JSA Vol. 3 Omnibus:

I was just thinking about getting Johns JSA but if there's gonna be an omni I can save up till then! BOOOYAAA!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I was just thinking about getting Johns JSA but if there's gonna be an omni I can save up till then! BOOOYAAA!
    You're way behind, there's already TWO Johns' JSA Omniboo out, and this upcoming one is Volume 3 (the final one!)

Quote Originally Posted by TheTemp View Post
    You're way behind, there's already TWO Johns' JSA Omniboo out, and this upcoming one is Volume 3 (the final one!)
    Vol 3 is about his second run though right? The one called justice society (with thy kingdom come etc)
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    Vol 3 is about his second run though right? The one called justice society (with thy kingdom come etc)
    based on this cover, yes.

Nah, that's pretty much the only one I'm trying to get.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Binding quality varies with each omni. Most recent omni's are fine, Sleeper, Golden Age Superman and Sandman are very good and some older ones are meh.
    Also: So, is the JLA omnibus vol. 1 probably of decent quality then?
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Also: So, is the JLA omnibus vol. 1 probably of decent quality then?
    Decent enough. I don't have it but frpm what I've heard it's a little tight but not a mousetrap.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Decent enough. I don't have it but frpm what I've heard it's a little tight but not a mousetrap.
    Thanks. I want those stories, and if I'm going to get them, I'd rather have it in a large collection rather than try to track down the Archives collections (volume 1 would have to be bought used) and spend MORE money trying to get them all.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    It is

It was announced if NYCC if I'm correct together with the Y the Last Man Absolutes, the Orion by Simonson omnibus and the Neal Adams omnibus.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I agree. Now that I have about a half dozen they don't look like they belong together, like they exist together. May as well be an Image/IDW/DC Omni next to each other.
    The Marvel Spines all, mostly, having that uniform look is very appealing. Doesn't mean I'm not going to get more DC Omni's but a uniform look like the Marvel ones would be an added bonus.
    Im actually not a fan of the uniform look. I increasingly find myself appreciating the DC omnibi covers much more due to their individuality and diversity. I understand Marvel's mode of consistency but when you have too many black-red spines with the MARVEL branding it starts to look like volumes of some encyclopedia than an exciting comic series. A bit boring in my eyes. JSA, Planetary, Golden Age Supes, Animal Man, House of Secrets and almost every other DC omni have amazing artwork or design that easily make them stand out in a shelf when compared to their marvel counterparts. That's why I always love Marvel omnibii which have a spine color other than black (Daredevil Miller-red, Secret Warriors-white).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    Im actually not a fan of the uniform look. I increasingly find myself appreciating the DC omnibi covers much more due to their individuality and diversity. I understand Marvel's mode of consistency but when you have too many black-red spines with the MARVEL branding it starts to look like volumes of some encyclopedia than an exciting comic series. A bit boring in my eyes. JSA, Planetary, Golden Age Supes, Animal Man, House of Secrets and almost every other DC omni have amazing artwork or design that easily make them stand out in a shelf when compared to their marvel counterparts. That's why I always love Marvel omnibii which have a spine color other than black (Daredevil Miller-red, Secret Warriors-white).
    +1
    totally agree. i really don't fancy the uniform design at all, even with the tpbs i don't. it's cool if they stay consistent with one series/volume/edition, but that's it for me.

I have to say, I think I like the DH LE spines the best because while every serie has it own spine, the DH logo is printed exactly the same way on each LE so they do look like they belong together. I would like to see some more creative spines from DH though, there usually kind of blank.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

I feel the same way. Once you have quite a few Marvel omnis lined up on a shelf it ends up looking rather boring. I'm DC decided to give each omnibus some personality instead of creating a uniform line.

Completely agree. And it's not really a good thing when they can't even keep the spines of the omnibi and OHC consistent. One odd spine and it throws the whole thing off.