View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 210 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1101602002062072082092102112122132142202603107101210 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 21662

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    Me too. I felt like the JLU episode handled the concept a lot better.
    Hhmmm. I'd like to watch that.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    Hhmmm. I'd like to watch that.
    JLU is awesome! Watch that sh&t!

Hey, welcome back! Yeah, that Supreme stuff was great, and probably the best "superman" stories published at the time.
    Thanks! What's new?

And it really is, I mean he drew heavily from Shwartz and Swan and really invoked nature of Superman in those stories. Shame it was never finished on his terms. Still haven't read Larsen's ending with Moore's scripts though

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Man, I love what DC has been doing with its omnis. Think about JSA and Johns GL - huge, decade-long runs being collected in 3 books (that's right Marvel, 3! There CAN be third volumes of these things!) where the last omni comes out within about a year and a half of the first. Awesome. My only complaint is the narratively disjointed collection found in New Teen Titans vol 3. I wish we could have gotten all of Wolfman's stuff within a set of 5 (6? 7?) omnis.
    What other series would you like to see DC collect in a few big, fat omniboo?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Man, I love what DC has been doing with its omnis. Think about JSA and Johns GL - huge, decade-long runs being collected in 3 books (that's right Marvel, 3! There CAN be third volumes of these things!) where the last omni comes out within about a year and a half of the first. Awesome. My only complaint is the narratively disjointed collection found in New Teen Titans vol 3. I wish we could have gotten all of Wolfman's stuff within a set of 5 (6? 7?) omnis.
    What other series would you like to see DC collect in a few big, fat omniboo?
    I think the 10 most wanted dc omni thread is a pretty good indicator of what people want.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    I think the 10 most wanted dc omni thread is a pretty good indicator of what people want.
    Ah, but that would require me going to threads other than the Marvel and DC collected edition threads. Seems to me the topic is subject appropriate here, but if I'm wrong I'll gladly abandon the question.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Thanks! What's new?

And it really is, I mean he drew heavily from Shwartz and Swan and really invoked nature of Superman in those stories. Shame it was never finished on his terms. Still haven't read Larsen's ending with Moore's scripts though
    I never read the ending either. It ran for a a year or two in the regular run and then there was the six issue Supreme The Return as I recall. Then . . . nothing.

I'd have to go back and collect the Moore stuff again (long since sold it off) if I ever wanted to read the ending, and I probably don't. I'm sure Larsen screwed it up royally.

I'll tell you what was really bad, though. Way after the run finished, I wanted to read the Moore stuff, but since I knew nothing about the character I bought the three plus years that came before it. Wow! Big mistake. Some really, really awful stuff.

I wish whoever has the publication rights to Moore's run would release it in a nice OHC format.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    Ah, but that would require me going to threads other than the Marvel and DC collected edition threads. Seems to me the topic is subject appropriate here, but if I'm wrong I'll gladly abandon the question.
    Here ya go. Thread is only 6 pages long at this point. And it's a good read (head toward the later pages for the results of the poll):

http://community.comicbookresources....c-omnibus-poll

Here ya go. Thread is only 6 pages long at this point. And it's a good read (head toward the later pages for the results of the poll):

http://community.comicbookresources....c-omnibus-poll
    Thanks Tom!

Has anyone read Punk Rock Jesus? Finally got around to reading it. Completely blown away. I hope SGM does some more solo stuff. Also, the deluxe has a ridiculous amount of extras.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Has anyone read Punk Rock Jesus? Finally got around to reading it. Completely blown away. I hope SGM does some more solo stuff. Also, the deluxe has a ridiculous amount of extras.
    Yeah I mentioned in another thread how great it was. I couldn't put it down. It really was a nice surprise. Very personal work of art, like he was working through his own hang ups. I love how the deluxe was presented. Not just the extras, but the paper stock, etc. gorgeous.

Incredible Member

Also I wanted to add, I was raised Catholic (went to church, went to a Catholic school, got sent to religious summer camps, prayed every night to a cross on the wall before going to bed, etc) and now consider myself non religious. I went though many stages of frustration and outright anger at religion and never once found solace in it, but I am now only in my 30's come to a certain amount of acceptance with the role religion plays in society. So a lot of the stuff in Punk Rock Jesus I could relate to. I'm probably going to read it again this week. While I never really cared for Murphy before, even though I did enjoy The Wake and the one he did with Morrison, I thought his work here was the best. I think his art is the best ever here in black and white.

How good do you guys think the chances are of DC reprinting some of the oop new 52 hardcovers? off the top of my head the first volumes of Wonder Woman, flash, batman and robin, and detective comics are all out of print (and yet court of owls has had at least seven printings).

If we get an absolute of the remainder of Morrison's Batman run, would 'you' include the batman content from '52' at the beginning ?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    If we get an absolute of the remainder of Morrison's Batman run, would 'you' include the batman content from '52' at the beginning ?
    It's not a bad idea, albeit one I never thought of before. I suppose it would contextualize some of the important revelations in RIP - but where to put it?

I think DC's struggling with the best way to Absolute the rest of the run (if, indeed, they do finish off the run that way). I suppose the most sensible mapping would have a Black Glove Absolute containing your proposed excerpts from 52 (only a very few relevant pages if I recall) and the Black Glove Deluxe contents (first two Morrison arcs); and then a Death and Return Absolute containing RIP, Time & the Batman,and Return of Bruce Wayne.

Speaking of which, I just ordered the Batman Inc Absolute. Can't wait to get it and use it as an excuse to read through the entire Morrison Bat-saga again.