View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 212 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1121622022082092102112122132142152162222623127121212 ... LastLast
Results 3,166 to 3,180 of 21672
    Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I'm playing catch up with DC Omnibus material. I only just started since Black Friday '14. I now have the following few.

1. Death of Superman
    2. Flash by Johns vol.1
    3. Flash by Johns vol.2
    4. Flash by Johns vol.3
    5. Flash volume 1(silver age origin material)
    6. Hawkman
    7. Brightest Day
    8. Green Lantern volume 1(silver age origin material)

My immediate next gets would be, budget willing, GL vol.2 then Animal Man followed by Teen Titans by Wolfman but to my dismay volume one is OOP and crazy priced. Has DC shown any inclination on doing reprints as yet like Marvel has done with quite a few now? I really would like Teen Titans, suppose I can get vol.2&3 this year. Are they in danger of going OOP anytime soon?
    You can get the content in paperbacks for 1-16, then the hardcover Archive Vol 3 with 17-20 (Plus Tales of the Teen Titans), but the Omni is way out of print.
    Last edited by FlashingSabre; 01-08-2015 at 07:30 AM.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    You can get the content in paperbacks for 1-16, then the hardcover 17-20 (Plus Tales of the Teen Titans), but the Omni is way out of print.
    Not sure WHY that run of Teen Titans is out of print. That's CRAZY.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Amazing Member

I ordered the golden age Superman omnibus. I'm such a Superman fanboy that I figured I should learn where he came from. Got the Batman Chronicles as well for the same reason.

On the modern side of things, got the hardcovers for for New 52 Superman, Action Comics, Batman, and Detective Comics. Detective was a little bit more expensive, though I suspect the fervent Batman fanboyism to be the reason.

I haven't followed New 52 at all. In fact, I'm so far behind on all modern comics. I didn't get into collecting comics til 2011 when my first job allowed for expendable income. Been reading way more silver and bronze age.

Does DC still own the publishing rights to the original league of extraordinary gentlemen stuff, or was that creator owned?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Does DC still own the publishing rights to the original league of extraordinary gentlemen stuff, or was that creator owned?
    As far as I know they can still republish volumes 1 and 2, but I think Black Dossier has recently been re-released by Knockabout/Top Shelf through some deal they made with DC.

I'm playing catch up with DC Omnibus material. I only just started since Black Friday '14. I now have the following few.

1. Death of Superman
    2. Flash by Johns vol.1
    3. Flash by Johns vol.2
    4. Flash by Johns vol.3
    5. Flash volume 1(silver age origin material)
    6. Hawkman
    7. Brightest Day
    8. Green Lantern volume 1(silver age origin material)

My immediate next gets would be, budget willing, GL vol.2 then Animal Man followed by Teen Titans by Wolfman but to my dismay volume one is OOP and crazy priced. Has DC shown any inclination on doing reprints as yet like Marvel has done with quite a few now? I really would like Teen Titans, suppose I can get vol.2&3 this year. Are they in danger of going OOP anytime soon?
    DC does reprint hardcovers from time to time. Absolute sandman has gone OOP and then Been reprinted, as have a few others. I don't know if any omniboo have been reprinted. I would hold off on buying the teen titains omni because it was one of the first that Dc made and the binding was REALLY bad. Hopefully they'll reissue the series in omnibus form once they're done with the new line of TPBs because it something I'd really love to have.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

^^^
    Thanks for the responses guys.
    Animal Man is on my short list and Sandman a bit further down but on the list to get in '15.
    The DC One Million is a story I read back when, does it hold up cause I didn't recall much from it that stood out to me so haven't considered it.
    I'll have to look into Planetary, I know it by name only. I may wiki it to get a summary.
    Sleeper though I have no idea what that is, research will be required but I will since it got a few mentions.

Thanks again!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

^^^
    Animal Man is on my short list and Sandman a bit further down but on the list to get in '15.
    The DC One Million is a story I read back when, does it hold up cause I didn't recall much from it that stood out to me so haven't considered it.
    I'll have to look into Planetary, I know it by name only. I may wiki it to get a summary.
    Sleeper though I have no idea what that is, research will be required but I will since it got a few mentions.

Thanks again!
    Planetary is by Ellis and Cassaday and revolves around a team of super powered archaeologists who travel the world exploring the strange. It's Ellis's best work imo. It's set in the Wildstorm universe but is very self contained.

Sleeper is by Brubaker and Phillips. It's also set in the Wildstorm universe and also self contained. It's about a superpowered spy who infiltrated a superhuman criminal organisation led by a hyper intelligent human experiment. All goes wrong when the only man who knew that guy was infriltrating that organisation falls in a coma. It's one of the best noir comics ever made.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

^^^

Thanks again!
    exactly what victorxd1999 wrote. Both Planetary and Sleeper are brilliant and must have! They are not affecting anything in the main DC continuity, they are just awesome stories on their own.

Extraordinary Member

Original vs. Redrawn Batman Incorporated Pages

Extraordinary Member

^^^

Thanks again!
    Do NOT wiki Planetary. Just go get it now!

hypo, thanks for posting those! i really can't wait for my absolute to arrive in a few days.
    formerly 'weeks'

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    hypo, thanks for posting those! i really can't wait for my absolute to arrive in a few days.
    No problem, I can't wait to get my copy either. Apparently those are only a small portion of the redrawn pages, Burnham redrew 21 pages and edited others!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    No problem, I can't wait to get my copy either. Apparently those are only a small portion of the redrawn pages, Burnham redrew 21 pages and edited others!
    Is the Absolute Batman Inc. upgrade worth it, especially if I already own all the previous hardcovers?