View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 213 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1131632032092102112122132142152162172232633137131213 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 21672

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Harvey View Post
    Is the Absolute Batman Inc. upgrade worth it, especially if I already own all the previous hardcovers?
    I don't have the book yet so I can't tell you what extras are included but apparently Burnham redraw 21 pages and edited others while Paquette redrew 2 pages.
    Last edited by Hypo; 01-09-2015 at 12:25 PM.

Is the Absolute Batman Inc. upgrade worth it, especially if I already own all the previous hardcovers?
    I would say 'yes,' but I like the Absolute format in general. I'd sell the hardcovers to help finance the upgrade

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heatvision View Post
    I ordered the golden age Superman omnibus. I'm such a Superman fanboy that I figured I should learn where he came from. Got the Batman Chronicles as well for the same reason.

On the modern side of things, got the hardcovers for for New 52 Superman, Action Comics, Batman, and Detective Comics. Detective was a little bit more expensive, though I suspect the fervent Batman fanboyism to be the reason.

I haven't followed New 52 at all. In fact, I'm so far behind on all modern comics. I didn't get into collecting comics til 2011 when my first job allowed for expendable income. Been reading way more silver and bronze age.
    Original Superman is awesome, way better than the movie interpretation IMO. He's a radical leftist and he's not afraid to show it!
    Miller was right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marth555 View Post
    Reading that article it seems like Absolute Batman Inc is far and away the best way of reading it now, undoing all the weirdness of the new 52 happening in the middle of the story and fixing some of that horrendous fill in art. Result!

Jack Kirby Kamandi Artist's Edition announced:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/...dition-format/

Quote Originally Posted by Marth555 View Post
    I'm really happy they changed Batman's costume for the flashbacks! Can't wait to get my hands on this Absolute.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJulius View Post
    Jack Kirby Kamandi Artist's Edition announced:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/01/...dition-format/
    Are these issues independently readable, since some issues are missing?

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNL View Post
    Are these issues independently readable, since some issues are missing?
    Never read Kamandi, but seeing that these issues are from the early 70s (72-73, I think), I'd guess that it's mostly one-and-done stories.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I would say 'yes,' but I like the Absolute format in general. I'd sell the hardcovers to help finance the upgrade
    Thanks!

What about the Absolute Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn edition? Is that worth the upgrade? I can't find any discussions or reviews for that. I'm going to pick up Absolute Batman Inc - it seems worthy of an upgrade - but what about that previous Morrison arc?

Incredible Member

Absolute Batman Inc looks fantastic. Glad they redid those pages. That was always a sticking point with me and Morrison's Batman run. So many different artists get plugged in and it takes you out of the story. I know why they had to do it that way, but I still felt it interfered with Morrison's work.

Thanks!

What about the Absolute Batman & Robin: Batman Reborn edition? Is that worth the upgrade? I can't find any discussions or reviews for that. I'm going to pick up Absolute Batman Inc - it seems worthy of an upgrade - but what about that previous Morrison arc?

Absolutely! (pun intended). It's a beautiful, well-built book and an excellent storyline as Morrison does a great job building the relationship between Dick and Damien.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    Absolute Batman Inc looks fantastic. Glad they redid those pages. That was always a sticking point with me and Morrison's Batman run. So many different artists get plugged in and it takes you out of the story. I know why they had to do it that way, but I still felt it interfered with Morrison's work.
    Now if marvel would only have the kordey issues redrawn from new x-men. Jesus do they ruin the story. He's actually a quite good artist but its rushed AND his style just clashes so badly.

Must get kamandi artist edition NOW!

Thanks!

Just a heads up, Absolute b&r:br is sold out at IST and already pricey at cgn. I suggest snatching one of the cheaper ones on Amazon Marketplace if you've been thinking of buying this book!

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Hi guys.
    Would you consider Absolute Batman Inc. "stand alone enough" to be a good read even though you haven't read much modern Batman?

Most recent reads on Batman from me are No Man's Land and Hush

... or are there better stand-alone choices out there in HIGH quality production (binding, paper, color, cover etc.)?