View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 224 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1241742142202212222232242252262272282342743247241224 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 21672
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I agree 100%!!!
    I know this is a hardcover forum, and that's what people usually prefer, but I love the epics...and I loved the phone-book sized Knightfall volumes we got. Not everything needs (or should be...for the sake of our wallets at minimum) to be superdeluxe absolute goatskin hardcover...I love big thick COLOR books that print chunks of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    What's so special about that issue? A character introduction?
    Yes, like ER Prest said, it's the intro of a new character.
    #21 can be found for a really decent price, but I don't want to be $1.29 for the book and then another $4-$5 for shipping. It's ridiculous.
    #23, however, I'm having a harder time finding for a price I'm willing to pay for it.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    Quick google search shows first appearance of Felicity Smoak, now pretty popular from the Arrow tv show
    I ALWAYS read your name as "ER Priest".

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    I really want #58-#100 in tpb (Ostrander!)and am also interested in the rest.
    I want the entire series in collection, dammit. Gerry Conway was made to write Firestorm, just like Stan Lee was made to write Silver Surfer, and Roy Thomas made to write the Sub-Mariner (and all the other writers who write certain characters the best), etc. and so on.

Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jjsheridan1001 View Post
    I know this is a hardcover forum, and that's what people usually prefer, but I love the epics...and I loved the phone-book sized Knightfall volumes we got. Not everything needs (or should be...for the sake of our wallets at minimum) to be superdeluxe absolute goatskin hardcover...I love big thick COLOR books that print chunks of comics.
    Excuse me. I only read books bound in the fur of free range snow leopards. Goatskin is for ... poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Yes, like ER Prest said, it's the intro of a new character.
    #21 can be found for a really decent price, but I don't want to be $1.29 for the book and then another $4-$5 for shipping. It's ridiculous.
    #23, however, I'm having a harder time finding for a price I'm willing to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    I ALWAYS read your name as "ER Priest".
    I have a fair amount of floppies as well. Green Arrow, Warlord, and The Question are some of the bigger titles I own in floppies, and I still have a few holes. Laziness, mostly, especially because I own some of the rarest/most expensive issues, like Green Arrow 101, which I paid around 15-20 for that I looked for years, so I know the feeling.

And I am nowhere near anything that resembles a priest in any fashion haha

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I have a fair amount of floppies as well. Green Arrow, Warlord, and The Question are some of the bigger titles I own in floppies, and I still have a few holes. Laziness, mostly, especially because I own some of the rarest/most expensive issues, like Green Arrow 101, which I paid around 15-20 for that I looked for years, so I know the feeling.
    Green Arrow #101 took me forever to track down as well. I think I paid around the same price you did for my first copy, then I got lucky and it started showing up on eBay fairly regularly. I snatched up two more copies in the $6-10 range just because I couldn't help myself...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Green Arrow #101 took me forever to track down as well. I think I paid around the same price you did for my first copy, then I got lucky and it started showing up on eBay fairly regularly. I snatched up two more copies in the $6-10 range just because I couldn't help myself...
    I'm planning on having them bound in the future. All my floppies. So much easier. Custom omnibus books. Aw yeah

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Jay View Post
    I got it. Lots of fondly remember 1970's Batman for me. It collected the story where Batman is being pursued by the Gotham PD for shooting Talia in the back. I had this in a digest when i was kid. Additionally for my own personal nostalgia, it reprints my first Batman that I ever bought including the famous Joker's birthday story that Walt Simonson drew. Then it concludes with a reprint of a miniseries that spotlights all the origins of Bronze age Batman characters.

Good Bronze age stuff. The Irv Novick art is not as good as I remembered, but if you have an affection for the era, its a nice representation.
    WOW. That sounds eerily familiar.
    Batman #321 wasn't my first BATMAN comic but that story made me a life long fan of the character.
    I still have that digest that reprints the Bat-Murderer story.
    in the center was a new 2-page pin-up spread of the Bat-Villains of that era. I think the art was by JGLP.
    Maybe that was in a different digest.
    There also another digest that focus on villains and there was a brand new PENGUIN story that told his origin.

Tales of the Batman: Len Wein, has been a treat to read those stories again.

Also started in the on 1st vol of Bat-Manga by Jira Kuwata. 1st stort features the Lord Death Story. FUN!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It's likely that the book was produced for that purpose.

That or, more cynically, to take advantage of the press he's getting.
    Dan Didio answered on Facebook that the stroke had the effect of Didio pushing this book coming out earlier and he's working on getting a black and white Batman statue by Norm Breyfogle up.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.didio/p...41?pnref=story

"We moved it up on our schedule to get out sooner. Unfortunately most the film for Norm's work does not exist so they are difficult to reproduce. Glad to get this done."

And I am nowhere near anything that resembles a priest in any fashion haha
    I am trying to hold out to see if FIrestorm being in the CW Flash show will help get his series into collection, but man! I am loving the hell out of the series, and I don't want to put off reading it too much longer. But I also do not want to skip issues. It'll drive me mad.
    I'm also not really wanting to collect the entire series in floppies, and would love to have it in a nice hard cover collection.

Amazing Member Henrik K. Kristensen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yep, it'll be standard trim. And no rhyme or reason about the series title:

What we have so far:

Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo vol. 1
    Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo vol. 2
    Legends of the Dark Knight: Marshall Rogers
    Legends of the Dark Knight: Alan Davis
    Tales of the Batman: Len Wein
    Tales of the Batman: Carmine Infantino
    Tales of the Batman: Gene Colan vol. 1
    Tales of the Batman: Archie Goodwin
    Tales of the Batman: Don Newton vol. 1
    Tales of the Batman: J.H. Williams III

We also have an older book called 'Tales of the Batman: Tim Sale' and the Doug Moench / Kelley Jones vol. 1

How is the paper and binding on the Gil Kane and Alan Davis volumes?
    I don't know the stories, but Kane and Davis are favorites of mine so...

Spectacular Member superiorcrisis's Avatar

I voted for standard format, thinking this was about general collections. Then I realized this was hardcover specific. for HCs, I like Omnibi better, and standard worst.
    Last edited by superiorcrisis; 02-08-2015 at 02:20 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I hope Norm gets some money off of this book, seems like he could really use some extra cash after his stroke.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyOldHermit View Post
    It's likely that the book was produced for that purpose.

That or, more cynically, to take advantage of the press he's getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Dan Didio answered on Facebook that the stroke had the effect of Didio pushing this book coming out earlier and he's working on getting a black and white Batman statue by Norm Breyfogle up.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.didio/p...41?pnref=story

"We moved it up on our schedule to get out sooner. Unfortunately most the film for Norm's work does not exist so they are difficult to reproduce. Glad to get this done."
    If anyone wants to help Norm directly, there is an online fundraiser being run by his family.

http://www.youcaring.com/medical-fun...723#supporters

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Yep, it'll be standard trim. And no rhyme or reason about the series title:

What we have so far:

Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo vol. 1
    Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo vol. 2
    Legends of the Dark Knight: Marshall Rogers
    Legends of the Dark Knight: Alan Davis
    Tales of the Batman: Len Wein
    Tales of the Batman: Carmine Infantino
    Tales of the Batman: Gene Colan vol. 1
    Tales of the Batman: Archie Goodwin
    Tales of the Batman: Don Newton vol. 1
    Tales of the Batman: J.H. Williams III

We also have an older book called 'Tales of the Batman: Tim Sale' and the Doug Moench / Kelley Jones vol. 1

How's the JH Williams one? Love his art.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

Latest: