View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 225 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1251752152212222232242252262272282292352753257251225 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,375 of 21674
    Fantastic Member The_Dark_Knight's Avatar

^

Just got mine in too. Minor quibbles:

1) Little disappointed the slip case isn't more uniform with the Absolute B&R edition. I really like how Absolute Haunted Knight, Long Halloween, and Dark Victory look on a shelf. Was hoping for something similar here.

2) What do we think of the art printed on the actual hardcover? Eschewing the dust jacket is nothing new, but the design on this is certainly different from what they've done before.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    ^

1) Little disappointed the slip case isn't more uniform with the Absolute B&R edition. I really like how Absolute Haunted Knight, Long Halloween, and Dark Victory look on a shelf. Was hoping for something similar here.

2) What do we think of the art printed on the actual hardcover? Eschewing the dust jacket is nothing new, but the design on this is certainly different from what they've done before.
    I don't like absolutes but some of my favorite covers are from Absolute B&R and Batman Inc. It's the first time I've seen that image and I kind of love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik K. Kristensen View Post
    How is the paper and binding on the Gil Kane and Alan Davis volumes?
    I don't know the stories, but Kane and Davis are favorites of mine so...
    Same as every other book in the line - glued binding, but far from a mousetrap, no gutter loss, nice thick satin paper. A nice package.

Gotta say I was very underwhelmed by the stories in the Kane volume, though. And art-wise, Kane seemed off his game, too. Perhaps it was because he was inking himself.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    How's the JH Williams one? Love his art.
    Sorry, Victor, that one is still shrinkwrapped.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    ^

I like the design on the hardcover. I always felt a dustcover was unnecessary when you have a slipcase. Sometimes they just get damaged over time as you take them in and out of the slipcase. I think this Absolute is really great.

Quote Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
    I like the design on the hardcover. I always felt a dustcover was unnecessary when you have a slipcase. Sometimes they just get damaged over time as you take them in and out of the slipcase. I think this Absolute is really great.
    Hi. Does the book include the original pages, in the extras, that were redrawn by Burnham ? I know there have been a few posted but no idea if they are all included. ?

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Dan Didio answered on Facebook that the stroke had the effect of Didio pushing this book coming out earlier and he's working on getting a black and white Batman statue by Norm Breyfogle up.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.didio/p...41?pnref=story

"We moved it up on our schedule to get out sooner. Unfortunately most the film for Norm's work does not exist so they are difficult to reproduce. Glad to get this done."
    Unfortunately the link doesn't work.

Incredible Member CrazyOldHermit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Dan Didio answered on Facebook that the stroke had the effect of Didio pushing this book coming out earlier and he's working on getting a black and white Batman statue by Norm Breyfogle up.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.didio/p...41?pnref=story

"We moved it up on our schedule to get out sooner. Unfortunately most the film for Norm's work does not exist so they are difficult to reproduce. Glad to get this done."
    Yikes, I can't imagine that was an enjoyable process. IIRC they had the same problem when they remastered Watchmen and they had to go in and hand erase the color dots out of the drawings.
    Miller was right.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShooCat View Post
    Same as every other book in the line - glued binding, but far from a mousetrap, no gutter loss, nice thick satin paper. A nice package.

Gotta say I was very underwhelmed by the stories in the Kane volume, though. And art-wise, Kane seemed off his game, too. Perhaps it was because he was inking himself.

Sorry, Victor, that one is still shrinkwrapped.
    Aaw, that's too bad. Can't find any reviews anywhere but it certainly looks nice on the shelf. I may put it on my wish list purely for the awesome art.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

Incredible Member

This weeks haul, filling in some older gaps in the collection.

Finally finished reading the Futures End Five Years Later Omnibus so I can catch up on the 15 issues of the Futures End weekly that I've fallen behind on.

For all the negativity that seems to get directed at futures end, I enjoyed the omnibus (I think there were only 3 or 4 issues that were bad) and I've been enjoying the weekly.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

The Len Wein Batman book is thick and I think all the stories I remember are pretty good. Len Wein was a guaranteed solid read. Love the Catman stories as a kid. Hope they hold up. I'm curious about the JH Williams book. Is that the Black Glove run?

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brady View Post
    It's very good. It reprints short stories from Solo and other things.
    Thanks, I saw one at the LCS for 50 percent off.

Quote Originally Posted by victorxd1999 View Post
    Aaw, that's too bad. Can't find any reviews anywhere but it certainly looks nice on the shelf. I may put it on my wish list purely for the awesome art.
    I wanted to pick it,but when i looked trough i didnt liked the first part. The art dont look such great,like in black glove. The "Snow" is also look good.
    But my advice-if you can, open it in comicshop and check,or find example of art in internet.

Amazing Member

My birthday haul finally came in the mail.

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    That Hawkman omni is such a great read. Enjoy it!

Where'd you find the Kingdom Come Absolute? Anywhere specific I should be looking? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari Gold View Post
    That Hawkman omni is such a great read. Enjoy it!

Where'd you find the Kingdom Come Absolute? Anywhere specific I should be looking? Thanks.
    My guess would be ebay.