View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 228 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1281782182242252262272282292302312322382783287281228 ... LastLast
Results 3,406 to 3,420 of 21670

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post
    If you didn't care for his New X-Men run, I'm not sure how you'll take his Batman run. In my opinion, his Batman run is much more "Morrison" than his X-run. It's the kind of story that rewards (maybe even requires) multiple readings in order to appreciate everything. In some ways it's a puzzle that the reader is invited to put together. Things that appear in the background in one panel of one series become very important later on in another series. It is NOT a typical Bat-run - absolutely nothing like Miller, Loeb, Snyder, etc. But, that's part of why I love it so much.

As to your point about most of Morrison's X-ideas not sticking, I must disagree. Most of Aaron's best X-stuff Directly springs from Morrison's run. We also got Fantomex, who would go on to be an integral part of the astounding UXF. And, let's not forget, a certain character death from Morrison's run that still persists to this day in the X-universe (though Bendis' run has ameliorated that in some capacity).
    Well, I'm certainly not going to argue with you because I don't exactly recall. And I don't read enough x-books currently to accurately know. And I didn't even make it through all of Morrison's x-run because I didn't like it.
    I really not pleased with current day x-books. I've tried to like them. I've tried to like a lot of current Marvel comics, but the problem is I end up just thinking they're garbage.
    "All it takes for sexism to prosper is for good men to see nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    So, obviously, you think his writing for Batman anythings is pretty decent (or you wouldn't like the stories), but what is it like?
    Does he go all out ridiculously crazy and stupid? Or is it good-ridiculous? Do you know what I mean?
    For the most part it's pretty good and actually has some truly brilliant moments. It's a series (I'm including Batman thru Batman/Robin and Batman Inc) that you can read multiple times and find something new each time.

That said, there is a little strangeness - more when you get close to where it ties in with Final Crisis (which sucked by the way in my opinion) - however, for the most part, Morrison actually has an editing team or editor who reels him in from his typical too-cool-for-school BS that's often more trite than intelligent that unfortunately encompasses a lot of his work.

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Water View Post
    Well, I'm certainly not going to argue with you because I don't exactly recall. And I don't read enough x-books currently to accurately know. And I didn't even make it through all of Morrison's x-run because I didn't like it.
    I really not pleased with current day x-books. I've tried to like them. I've tried to like a lot of current Marvel comics, but the problem is I end up just thinking they're garbage.
    Current Marvel is very hit or miss but there are definitely some great hits. Superior foes of spider-man, Magneto, Ms Marvel and Ant-Man among others are very, very good.
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

The final cover for the first Geoff Johns GL Omni is on Amazon:

You may recall that it was originally solicited with a Carlos Pacheco cover but they've obviously decided to go with something that facilitates a more traditional cover layout.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    i've just read that the Absolute Y the Last Man that's being released in June will only be the first 20 issues???
    Is this normal? That is a ridiculously low amount of issues for the price considering the Deluxe costs.

Really disappointed.
    It'll be what, 3 Absolutes versus 5 Deluxe editions? It seems reasonable enough. Absolutes have a higher price tag per issue in general.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    While I really love Absolute Editions, Dark Horse's "Absolutomnibus" (or "Omnilutes") are giving DC a run for their money. Colossal Conan and Big Damn Sin City are the same size as an Absolute, with thick paper, ribbon and spectacular binding. Conan is $150 for 1264 color pages and Big Damn Sin City is $100 for 1360 (mostly) black and white pages. The only thing they are lacking is the slipcase.

They both are living proof that Absolute Editions could be way cheaper.
    Both Marvel and DC gouge on the price and quality of their books because they can. At least Absolutes still have high quality. Omnibuses from both companies are generally a joke when compared with Dark Horse large collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n_RDM View Post
    Does the Superman Unchained HC have all the variant covers in it? If so, full page, half page, quarter page???
    Quote Originally Posted by drd View Post
    Yep it has all of them, full page. It was a really nice surprise when I got to the end and I absolutely did not expect it.
    Great to hear that they are full page spreads. I'm not reading Nu52 DC so have no interest in the story but loved a lot of the variant covers on this series. I might pick it up on the cheap down the road.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

I loved Morrison's Batman. It was weird, it was awesome, and I just loved it. HIGHLY recommend it.
    Cyclops was right

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    The final cover for the first Geoff Johns GL Omni is on Amazon:

You may recall that it was originally solicited with a Carlos Pacheco cover but they've obviously decided to go with something that facilitates a more traditional cover layout.
    Gotta love the Alex Ross Art.

Spectacular Member Gerald Keefer's Avatar

Love the art as well but wish they would have put a new cover together for this legendary run not just the Ross cover for issue 1.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Keefer View Post
    Love the art as well but wish they would have put a new cover together for this legendary run not just the Ross cover for issue 1.
    Agreed!!! Still be buying this one for sure

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Hi. Does the book include the original pages, in the extras, that were redrawn by Burnham ? I know there have been a few posted but no idea if they are all included. ?
    No, the original versions of the redrawn pages are not included in the extras.

Nor is the "exit interview" essay by Morrison that was in the last regular HC of Batman Inc. vol. 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wallace View Post
    No, the original versions of the redrawn pages are not included in the extras.

Nor is the "exit interview" essay by Morrison that was in the last regular HC of Batman Inc. vol. 2.
    Well, that kind of defeats the purpose of making an "absolute" edition.
    Anyhoo, I'm reading it right now, having read the stories in the past a couple of times, and I'm really enjoying this edition. It's a big beautiful book!

I have another question for you guys, how are the 3 Flash omnibuses by Geoff Johns? Is it a good jumping on point for new readers or should I read some trades first? I never read any Flash story before, but I'm thinking of buying the 3 omnibuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    I have another question for you guys, how are the 3 Flash omnibuses by Geoff Johns? Is it a good jumping on point for new readers or should I read some trades first? I never read any Flash story before, but I'm thinking of buying the 3 omnibuses.
    You should be fine jumping on, they are okay binding wise. The first one is a little small but John's does some great work with the Flash.