View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 230 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1301802202262272282292302312322332342402803307301230 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I got a copy with the error (it was a preorder). 2 pages were switched (quite important at the very end, but I already knew the story). I got a full refund and kept the book. Free omnibus!
    Can you tell me exactly which 2 pages were swapped? I havent been able to find this online.

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    Can you tell me exactly which 2 pages were swapped? I havent been able to find this online.
    Donno the page number so here is some spoiler. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ JOHNS' FLASH!!!!!!! (the spoiler is below in white)
    The scene when they think Linda is dying then a big VRUUUUUM sound comes and she is pregnant and gives birth. The two pages where she gives birth is before the two pages where she is dying then the VRUUUM.

From the April solicitations, I'm picking up only JSA vol. 3.
    Man, DC and Marvel are saving me money. I like it and I don't like it.

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy82 View Post
    I have another question for you guys, how are the 3 Flash omnibuses by Geoff Johns? Is it a good jumping on point for new readers or should I read some trades first? I never read any Flash story before, but I'm thinking of buying the 3 omnibuses.
    Get Wonderland and Blood Will Run as trades first. Then get Omnibus 2. This is one of my favorite runs, love almost every issue. Just great stuff.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    It was reprinted almost immediately, and the old copies were supposed to be destroyed. You should be fine.
    I have a defective copy, so they still exist. Got it for 30 bucks off ebay. I call that a win, since I had already read the part it spoils in order.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by canadianaidan64 View Post
    The time warp scene at the very end is switched around. The you know whats are you know what'ed before the warp is shown.
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    I have a defective copy, so they still exist. Got it for 30 bucks off ebay. I call that a win, since I had already read the part it spoils in order.
    You may have bought mine actually.

But I was referring to stores having to supposedly destroy them. DC replaced them for free, as I got my replacement for free from the store I had initially bought it from. I sold my defective copy on ebay

I agree with many that Waid should get the omnibus treatment, it would be nice to even get stories like Chain Lightning in trade.

Got my copy of Absolute Batman Inc. beautiful book. Love it. My one gripe is the lack of annotation by morrison and it doesn't have the essay that comes with the small hardcover of Vol 2.

Looks great next to my Absolute final Crisis and Batman and robin.

My proposal now is that DC should release;

Absolute Batman by Grant Morrison - collecting batman 655-658, 663-669 & 672-681.

This is batman and son, the black glove, RIP.
    I wouldn't, personally, include the 'Last Rites' issues as they are included in the Final Crisis Absolute. I would however include the batman content from '52' as a prologue. This would be a big Absolute at 21 issues but smaller than 'Inc'

Then Release Absolute Return of Bruce Wayne collecting Time and the batman and the return of Bruce Wayne. Small absolute at 9 issues but I'm sure it can be filled out with extra content.

How much is the contents of '52' that's batman related?
    Last edited by Russ840; 01-21-2015 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Got my copy of Absolute Batman Inc. beautiful book. Love it. My one gripe is the lack of annotation by morrison and it doesn't have the essay that comes with the small hardcover of Vol 2.

Looks great next to my Absolute final Crisis and Batman and robin.

My proposal now is that DC should release;

Absolute Batman by Grant Morrison - collecting batman 655-658, 663-669 & 672-681.

I wouldn't, personally, include the 'Last Rites' issues as they are included in the Final Crisis Absolute. I would however include the batman content from '52' as a prologue. This would be a big Absolute at 21 issues but smaller than 'Inc'

Then Release Absolute Return of Bruce Wayne collecting Time and the batman and the return of Bruce Wayne. Small absolute at 9 issues but I'm sure it can be filled out with extra content.

How much is the contents of '52' that's batman related?
    A handful of pages. Maybe 10 pages. Maybe.

Incredible Member

Received my Absolute Batman Inc yesterday and it's incredible. Possibly equalling my love for Absolute Batman and Robin.

Can anyone assure me that these books are sturdy as hell? I may cry if it doesn't keep in shape.

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    You may have bought mine actually.

But I was referring to stores having to supposedly destroy them. DC replaced them for free, as I got my replacement for free from the store I had initially bought it from. I sold my defective copy on ebay
    When did you sell it? I got mine on September 3rd I think
    Cyclops was right

Quote Originally Posted by FlashingSabre View Post
    When did you sell it? I got mine on September 3rd I think
    Oh, nope, not from me. Sold mine a month or two after it was initially released.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post

My thoughts exactly, I am really hoping for this to happen. I would throw in the 8 issues of Bruce Wayne:The Road Home as an extra, even if they are not from Morrison, this would make a fine 2nd Absolute.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    My thoughts exactly, I am really hoping for this to happen. I would throw in the 8 issues of Bruce Wayne:The Road Home as an extra, even if they are not from Morrison, this would make a fine 2nd Absolute.
    What if RIP got collected with the GM issues in Time and Batman and Return of Bruce Wayne? How many pages?