View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 231 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1311812212272282292302312322332342352412813317311231 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    What if RIP got collected with the GM issues in Time and Batman and Return of Bruce Wayne? How many pages?
    This would mean (page counts from the paperbacks):
    1st Absolute:
    * Batman & Son (655-658, 663-666 -> 8 issues, 200 pages) +
    * Black Glove (667-669, 672-675 -> 7 issues, 176 pages) = 376 pages total

2nd Absolute:
    * Batman RIP minus Last Rites (676-681 -> 6 issues, 144 pages) +
    * Time and the Batman (700-702 -> 3 issues, 128 pages) +
    * Return of Bruce Wayne (1-6 -> 6 issues, 224 pages) = 496 pages total

This would make two well sized Absolutes, but the "Morrison Batman Absolutes Reading Order" would be somewhat awkward, since Batman & Robin should be BETWEEN RIP and Return of BW. ;-)

Anyway, if they do it like this, I will buy it in a heartbeat. ;-)

I've been eyeing the Len Wein Batman Tales of Batman but I don't know anything about the run or the book itself. Can anyone answer how is the run itself? Are the stories only contained to 1 issue and done or do they have stories spanning a few issues? Any help would be appreciated

Fantastic Member

Noticed Absolute Top Ten is currently unavailable on IST. This must have happened just in the last day or two. Cheapgraphicnovels has it for only 20% off, which I believe means they have hiked their price. Is this headed out of print? I was just gonna buy it which is why I noticed, but I dont want to pay over $80 when I knew it was $57 at ist. Anyone know anything? Im going to email them for info as well.

Don't hesitate on buying it. One of my favorite Absolutes released in the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogtown View Post
    Don't hesitate on buying it. One of my favorite Absolutes released in the last few years.
    This. Top 10 was a blind buy for me, but is now easily one of my most treasured OSHC in my collection.

What is with these absolutes that I want/planned on getting selling out? I understand New Frontier going OOP. Was a very popular and must have undergone a few reprints. But wasn't top 10 and Batman&Robin released just a year or so ago? I managed to snag new frontier for $33 off ebay but with top 10 i know ill probably have no such luck. I hope its reprinted as deluxe.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    What is with these absolutes that I want/planned on getting selling out? I understand New Frontier going OOP. Was a very popular and must have undergone a few reprints. But wasn't top 10 and Batman&Robin released just a year or so ago? I managed to snag new frontier for $33 off ebay but with top 10 i know ill probably have no such luck. I hope its reprinted as deluxe.
    Top Ten is in solicits for new tpb's, which strikes me as bad news for anyone hoping for more of the absolute. I feel you, though. I just bought Absolute Batman Robin upon hearing it was heading out of print, now the same is happening with Top Ten. Both had been hanging out in my various wish lists for a long time.

Incredible Member

That's my big worry and hope for Miller's DKR and Morrison's ASS. I don't want to have to get into the Absolute game (worried I won't be able to stop!), so hopefully the 10th anniversary of ASS and the 30th (or whatever it is, I forget) of DKR next year will prompt deluxe editions to be released. Not to mention it would be good timing for when BvS: DoJ comes out.
    Last edited by titansupes; 01-22-2015 at 04:01 AM.

Incredible Member

Check your local comic shop. In my area, both top 10 and B&R are available in all three comic shops I frequent.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    1st Absolute:

2nd Absolute:

This would make two well sized Absolutes, but the "Morrison Batman Absolutes Reading Order" would be somewhat awkward, since Batman & Robin should be BETWEEN RIP and Return of BW. ;-)

IMO Last rites should be inbetween RIP and Time and Batman. I read it as if B&S, BG and RIP takes place in his head during Last rites

Time and Batman being him forgetting who he is, while relying on his instinct.

Since Geoff John's Green lantern is getting collected in omnibuses, perhaps Morrison's Batman could also see a similar treatment?

Wouldn't mind if Action Comics and Multiversity (I take it for granted it'll awesome, all the way.) also did.

Spectacular Member Commissioner Gordon's Avatar

Wow, Absolute Top 10 is going OOP? I just bought that around Thanksgiving during B&N's buy 2 get 1 sale. I guess I bought it at just the right time since they no longer have stock.

I just added Absolute Top 10 to my IST wishlist 2 days ago. Sucks its out of stock and probably going oop.

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    1st Absolute:

2nd Absolute:

Why would you leave Last Rites out?

I would divide his run in this way:
    The 1st absolute would be the first part of his run. I'd leave Last Rites out so that the second absolute is a little bit thicker.
    - Batman and Son
    - The Black Glove
    - RIP

2nd Absolute: This will include what was being published at the same time as Batman & Robin, plus Last Rites, so that the book is not too thin. Then again, I wouldn't mind putting Last Rites in my first Absolute.
    - Last Rites
    - Time and the Batman
    - Return of Bruce Wayne

Fantastic Member

This was IST 's response when I asked about Absolute Top Ten:
    Hello,

This item has been put on backorder by our distributor. Unfortunately, we can't know for sure when the item will be back in stock with our distributor, so we don't know when we'll be able to get more. We'll update it's availability when we see that it's back in stock, so check our site periodically! And if you have any other questions, let us know.