View Poll Results: What hardcover format do you prefer?

Voters
653. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard sized

67 10.26%
  • Deluxe

257 39.36%
  • Omnibus

270 41.35%
  • Absolute

143 21.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 232 of 1445 FirstFirst ... 1321822222282292302312322332342352362422823327321232 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 21672

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHorus View Post
    Why would you leave Last Rites out?

I would divide his run in this way:
    The 1st absolute would be the first part of his run. I'd leave Last Rites out so that the second absolute is a little bit thicker.
    - Batman and Son
    - The Black Glove
    - RIP

2nd Absolute: This will include what was being published at the same time as Batman & Robin, plus Last Rites, so that the book is not too thin. Then again, I wouldn't mind putting Last Rites in my first Absolute.
    - Last Rites
    - Time and the Batman
    - Return of Bruce Wayne
    I would leave out last rights as its in the 'final crisis' absolute. IMO it fits better there and the 'time and the batman' covers the events of final crisis. I think last rights being included, in the hypothetical first absolute or second, would ruin the flow of the story.

That's just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    I would leave out last rights as its in the 'final crisis' absolute. IMO it fits better there and the 'time and the batman' covers the events of final crisis. I think last rights being included, in the hypothetical first absolute or second, would ruin the flow of the story.

That's just me though.
    So, our 2nd hypothetical Morrison Absolute would be rather thin, but i could live with that. Green Lantern Rebirth had only 6 issues and got an Absolute nevertheless.

I don't know if anyone is interested but for the Europeans here, there is a used copy of The Animal Man omnibus on Amazon.de for 35 euro's including shipping. It's condition is described as "very good'. Seems like a good deal

I'm confused, does the Batman & Robin absolute collect all the three trades?
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

Quote Originally Posted by Batmil View Post
    I'm confused, does the Batman & Robin absolute collect all the three trades?
    yupp + one issue which is a prelude to INC.

Apologies if it's been mentioned here already...but I'm just so goddamn happy right now...

The white whale of uncollected Batman comics!

This is big.

spoilers:
    Legends of The Dark Knight: Norm Breyfogle Vol. 1 (Batman) Hardcover – July 7, 2015
    end of spoilers

Link.

Quote Originally Posted by bearded_adam View Post
    Batman and Robin is just a part of Bat-epic. Better start read the main title. here reading order
    1. Batman & Son
    2. The Black Glove
    3. Batman RIP
    4. “RIP the Missing Chapter” from Time and the Batman
    5. Batman and Robin: Vol. 1 - Batman Reborn
    6. Batman #700 from Time and the Batman
    7. Batman and Robin: Vol. 2 - Batman vs. Robin
    8. The Return of Bruce Wayne
    9. Batman and Robin: Vol. 3 - Batman and Robin Must Die!
    10. Batman, Incorporated: Vol. 1
    11. Batman, Incorporated: Vol. 1 - Demon Star
    12. Batman, Incorporated: Vol. 2 - Gotham’s Most Wanted
    I started from batman and robin(absolute),and some things(like what is black glove? Who is pig? what happend with goddamn batman?) i didnt understand.
    But,despite this i got a lot of fun. And Frazer Irving art- main reason to take absolute.
    I may be a stickler here but The Missing Chapter occurs after Dick and Damian find Bruce's belt buried in the ancient section of the Batcave, activating the recording that is the narration in those issues, which puts the entire Time and the Batman trade *after* Batman VS Robin. I've done up an expanded reading order here including tie-in books (through the links midway down) - if I've missed any please let me know ;D

Just got the new edition of Enigma. Sad to see DC still prints some books on toiletpaper, Fegredo's art deserves so much better (and probably the story too, but I haven't read it yet. Can't wait to dive into it).

Quote Originally Posted by Pertl View Post
    So, our 2nd hypothetical Morrison Absolute would be rather thin, but i could live with that. Green Lantern Rebirth had only 6 issues and got an Absolute nevertheless.
    Yeah I think it's cool to be small. Plus DC could get morrison to add loads of extras to fill it out. Time lines, annotations and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Yeah I think it's cool to be small. Plus DC could get morrison to add loads of extras to fill it out. Time lines, annotations and stuff like that.
    So let's keep our fingers crossed. Advance solicits for August 2015 - February 2016 are due end of February, maybe the have some plans along these lines.

So let's keep our fingers crossed. Advance solicits for August 2015 - February 2016 are due end of February, maybe the have some plans along these lines.
    Id be so happy.

I'll be hoping for a Black mirror absolute including gates of Gotham. I'd snap that up. Lol. I am a needy bugger.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    yupp + one issue which is a prelude to INC.
    How did I never know this.. I've been trying to get all three in hardcover lol.. thanks!
    None of you seem to understand, I'm not locked in here with you, you're locked in here with me..

DC is not going to flip an absolute edition that quick from the end of a series.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    Just got the new edition of Enigma. Sad to see DC still prints some books on toiletpaper, Fegredo's art deserves so much better (and probably the story too, but I haven't read it yet. Can't wait to dive into it).
    i like the rougher, more old school paper. i also really enjoy it on those new spectre tpbs. and in this case, imho, it's a nice fit for fegredo's art.
    but i'm probably in the minority overall preferring a more matte paper over glossy one.

edit:
    oversized hardcover would have been nice, though
    Last edited by krylox; 01-23-2015 at 05:30 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by krylox View Post
    i like the rougher, more old school paper. i also really enjoy it on those new spectre tpbs. and in this case, imho, it's a nice fit for fegredo's art.
    but i'm probably in the minority overall preferring a more matte paper over glossy one.
    Yeah I agree. I LOVE that style of paper. I really dislike the glossy stuff.

I think there is difference between matte papers to and I don't feel this is a quality one, maybe it could have been a bit thicker? Also, sometimes the colours are really dark and can barely see the artwork.